- 8 years of experience working as a Business Systems Analyst with a proven track record of working in self - organized, cross-functional teams and effective interaction with stakeholders in delivery of high-quality IT solutions and Security with domain experience in Mortgage, Banking & Financial Sectors.
- Contributed to all phases in Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) - Initiation, System Concept Development, Requirement Analysis, Design, Development, Testing, Release Management and Maintenance Operation.
- Worked in different SDLC methodologies like Waterfall, Agile (Scrum/Kanban/SAFe 4.0) Water-Scrum hybrid & extensive knowledge in Spiral, Extreme Programming (XP)
- Thorough understanding of mortgage loan origination functions, conventional lending, Mortgage Backed Security (MBS), Collateral mortgage Obligation (CMO) and compliances like Home Mortgage Disclosure Act (HMDA), TILA -RESPA Integrated Disclosure (TRID), Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA), Equal Credit Opportunity Act (ECOA).
- Strong understanding of Bank Secrecy Acts like Anti Money Laundering (AML), Know Your Customer (KYC), Currency Transaction Reporting (CTRs) and Suspicious Activity reporting (SAR), Customer Due Diligence (CDD) and Enhanced Due Diligence (EDD), Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (US GAAP), Sarbanes Oxley Act (SOX), SEC.
- Skilled at performing GAP analysis, SWOT analysis, Cost benefit analysis, Feasibility Analysis, Stakeholder analysis, Impact analysis (Business and Technical), ROI analysis, Credit risk analysis and Market risk analysis.
- Experienced in Business Analysis, Requirements Elicitation using Joint Application Design (JAD), Document Analysis, Requirement Workshop, Interviews, Brain Storming, Focus Groups, Observation and Interface Analysis.
- Possess excellent documentation skills, ability to create Work Breakdown Structure (WBS), Business Requirements document (BRD), Functional Specification document (FSD), Software Requirement Specification (SRS), Requirement Traceability Matrix (RTM), Change Process Document, Change Impact Assessment and Run Book.
- Enormous experience in Business Process Modeling (BPM) using UML diagrams like Activity Diagram, Sequence Diagram, Class Diagram, Use-Case Diagram, Process Flow diagram, Component, Deployment diagrams.
- Proficient in creating UI/UX Sketches, wireframes and mockups for prototyping and presentations using Balsamiq.
- Exceptionally skilled in facilitating Scrum process and Scrum Ceremonies including Daily Scrum, Sprint Planning, Sprint review, Sprint retrospective and Backlog Refinement to improve team's performance and dynamics .
- Well versed with writing the Acceptance Criteria for the development team to come up with test cases for their Acceptance Test Driven Development (ATDD), Behavior Driven Development (BDD) & Test-Driven Development (TDD) and clarify their doubts during development and validate the developed Product Backlog Items (PBI).
- Performed DDL (Data Defining Language) and DML (Data Manipulation Language) operations to Create, Read, Update and Delete (CRUD) the data in the database for data manipulation, calculations and analysis.
- Extensively used SQL queries using joins, unions, outer joins, group by, order by, stored procedure, functions and aggregate functions to extract data from different sources such as MYSQL server, Oracle database, SQL Server.
- Proficient in E-R diagrams, conceptual and logical models to define relations between entities and attributes.
- Experienced in working with Business Intelligence tools like Informatica Power Center in designing Star Schema and Snowflake Schema for modeling a Data Warehouse to store the data in dimensional model.
- Extensive knowledge of data modeling, data marts, Online Transactional Processing (OLTP) and different Online Analytical Processing (OLAP) like MOLAP and ROLAP operations such as Roll-up, Drill-down, Slice, Dice and Pivot.
- Expertise in the ETL Informatica Power Center Client tools including Designer, Repository Manager, Workflow Manager and Workflow Monitor for Data Modeling, Data Mapping, Data Integration and Data Migration.
- Extensively worked with complex mappings using various Unconnected / Connected and Active/Passive transformations like Filter, Joiner, Router, Source Qualifier, Expression, Union, Aggregator, Stored Procedure, Normalize, Sequence Generator, Update Strategy, Reusable Transformations, User Defined Functions.
- Strong knowledge in Software Testing Lifecycle (STLC), review and approve Test Plans, Test Scenarios & Test Cases, use of testing tools like HP-ALM/HP-QC, Cucumber, LoadRunner and Defect tracking mechanism and UAT.
- Knowledge on Service Oriented Architecture, 3-tier and N-tier Architecture system, XML and JSON.
- Hands on experience in technical documentation and testing of web services API such as REST, SOAP using Postman and Swagger tool.
- Demonstrated experience in designing and building customized reports and interactive dashboards using Tableau 10.x/9.x/8.x/ desktop and server and configure report publish & subscription and performance optimization
Project Management Tools: JIRA 7.0, Confluence 6.0, MS Project 2016, MS Share Point, Microsoft Office Packages, Team Foundation Server (TFS), Web Conferencing
SDLC Methodologies: Waterfall, RUP, Spiral, Agile/Scrum, water-scrum hybrid, Kanban, SAFe 4.0
Databases: DB2, Oracle, SQL Server 2012, Sybase, MS Access, Flat Files
Web Services API: SOAP, REST, XML, JSON
Testing Tools: HP ALM (Application Life Management)/QC (Quality Center) 12.0, Swagger, HP Load Runner, Cucumber, Postman, Selenium, Soap UI, QTP (Quick Test Professional), Bugzilla, Jenkins v2.4
Architecture/Framework: Service Oriented Architecture (SOA), N Tier Architecture
ETL & Reporting Tools: Informatica Power Center 9.6, Informatica MDM, Tableau 2018, Crystal Reports, Power BI
Design & Version Control Tools: MS Visio 2016, Rational Rose, Jenkins, Balsamiq, Lucid Charts, Smart Draw
Business Skills: Conflict Management, Change Management, Impact Analysis, Risk Analysis, Cost-Benefit Analysis, Root Cause Analysis
Data Modeling: Logical /Physical/Dimensional/E-R, Star/Snowflake Schema
Data Warehousing: Data Marts, OLTP, OLAP, Slicing/Dicing, Drill Down/ Roll Up
Confidential, Columbus, OH
Sr. Business System Analyst
- Assisted the Project Management Office PMO to ensure project scope, budget and timeline are managed.
- Closely worked with Subject Matter Experts (SME's) of different domains to gain knowledge about the concepts involved in credit risk assessment and understood the 5c's of credit risk i.e. Capacity, Capital, Collateral, Conditions and Character.
- Gathered requirements, conducted feasibility studies, performed impact analysis within Intranet Systems.
- Used TFS for Agile/Scrum Method for gathering requirements and facilitated user stories workshop. Documented User Stories and facilitated Story Point discussions to analyze the level of effort on project specifications
- Produce and maintain artifacts (including, but not limited to, the sprint task board) to help communicate team successes, deliverables, and timelines.
- Developing flow diagrams for Business process of the company, UI Wireframes and Mockups, Data Flow Diagram & ER Diagram using Microsoft Visio
- Determining and drawing AS-IS Process flow diagram and To-Be Process Flow diagram.
- Analyze business requirements to determine technical requirements and identifies impacted areas/systems/processes and evaluates alternative solutions
- Used MS Visio for Process Mapping, Process Modeling and System process flow diagrams by understanding the AS-IS system, developed the system process maps and developed the TO-BE system.
- Preparing detailed system requirements and assists in functional design solutions for new products/functionality and enhancements to existing products/functionality
- Collaborated with the Quality Assurance team design and develop test plans and test cases for performing User Acceptance Testing, Functional Testing and Regression Testing.
- Worked with System Integration Testing team, User Acceptance Testing (UAT) teams to document and fix the bugs arising during the testing phase.
- Using SDLC processes and associated tools, analyzes current system targeted for replacement/enhancement to determine business and technical functions to be included in design.
- Preparing complex test strategies to ensure comprehensive coverage of system components and interfaces, providing SME level expertise and recommends test strategies and scenarios for junior level analysts.
- Effectively articulated how the team can realize the business value through change in process and technology.
- Frequently monitored the business capability to identify the openings for better long-term business values.
- Combined SQL queries and performed Data Mining to find the pattern and correlation in the existing data.
Environment: MS PowerPoint, MS- Word, MS- Excel, MS- SharePoint, Outlook, SQL server.
Confidential, Stamford, CT
Sr. Business Systems Analyst
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Interviewed Subject Matter Experts and performed extensive Document Reviews to develop a thorough understanding of business processes to aid Business Processes Improvement (BPI)
- Carried out a detailed GAP analysis on the existing business processes towards improving the customer experience and payment processes and converting opportunity into leads.
- Facilitated JAD sessions with the management groups, users and the IT Group for open and pending issues to develop specifications and success criteria; managed meeting sessions with committee of SMEs from various business areas including Mortgage Servicing, Loan Monitoring and Asset Management.
- Collaborated with the Compliance team and business management team to enumerate the compliances and regulations enforced by Consumer Finance Protection Bureau (CFPB) like Home Mortgage Disclosure Act (HMDA), Fair Credit reporting Act (FCRA) and for data reliability and data security of the borrowers and their information.
- Created user stories and defined acceptance criteria and participated in Product Backlog Grooming, Daily Scrum, Sprint Planning and Sprint Review ceremonies.
- Worked with Scrum Team and Product Owner to negotiate delivery of Minimum Viable Product (MVP)
- Created detailed diagrams such as Use Case diagrams, Activity diagrams, Sequence diagrams and Work flow diagrams for integrating data from Front End UI to application backend development.
- Involved in the User Interface designing by creating Mock-up Screens and Wireframes and had collaborative sessions with Graphical User Interface designer with the focus of user’s expectations and objectives.
- Performed data validation and verification by using SQL Operations involving Data Manipulation Language queries such as inner joins, unions/union all, group by, order by and aggregates.
- Determined various module to be included in the system like document splitting module, classification module, automated scanning and image classifier module, and virtual models for calculating results.
- Designed Conceptual and Logical ER diagrams for database and data dictionary for data models
- Created Data Mapping Document for the system and communicated dependencies and potential risks of various data sources on each other using connected/unconnected transformation rules such as Joiner, filter, router, expression using ETL tool informatica Power Center.
- Assisted the Salesforce Admin, Developers and Architect to determine the data that should be integrated in Salesforce platform in deploying the salesforce data analytics cloud.
- Extensively involved in tracking issues, bugs, user story, acceptance criteria, sprint cycle using JIRA and assisted the development team in testing the configuration of the system integration.
- Worked with Development, QA, and Production Support teams to communicate, verify, and test the desired functionality changes. Helped the Testing team in creating Test Plans, Test Scenarios, Test Cases and collected Test Data for successful completion of Regression testing, System testing, and Functional testing.
- Conducted User Acceptance Testing to validate system and application performance activities and necessities with business, development, and production groups
- Identified and resolved defects using HP-ALM and collaborated with testing team, QA team and development team.
- Administered Identity and Access Management (IAM), including password management controls for staff assigned to department-level projects to secure borrowers’ confidential information.
- Monitored Burn-down Charts to review completion of work within the time-boxed sprint cycle and created interactive dashboard for reporting the results back to the senior management using Tableau.
Environment: Agile methodology, MS Visio, Balsamiq, HP-ALM 12, JIRA 7.0, MS Office Suite, Salesforce, SQL Server, Tableau 2018, Informatica Power Center 9.6
Confidential, Phoenix, AZ
Business Systems Analyst
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Facilitated Joint Requirement Planning JRP sessions with SME's in understanding the Requirements pertaining to Mortgage Loan Origination to Loan Processing.
- Assisted Project Manager in Return on Investment Analysis (ROI), Feasibility analysis, Cost-benefit analysis, and created Project Proposal Document and got approval from management board.
- Conducted Elicitation techniques like one on one interviews, Focus groups and Brainstorming session with business users, management team and subject matter experts (SME’s).
- Played lead role in requirement workshop, got requirement specification documents including Project Objectives, Business Requirements, Business Rules sign off from Business Owners and stakeholders.
- Assisted Product Owner in decomposing the Epics into User Stories and conducted story writing session to vertically slice the user stories and prioritizing the Product Backlog and Sprint Backlog.
- Provided ongoing technical support to businesses and end users by acting as an information resource for project functionality and scope specific questions and facilitating daily stand-up, retrospective, backlog grooming and iteration planning meetings.
- Handled Requirement Churn via Impact Analysis by checking the feasibility of the Triple Constraints.
- Created UML diagram such as Use-case Scenarios and Sequence Diagrams in learning Business Process model using MS Visio. Conducted Walk-through sessions with developers to present and understand the end user needs.
- Coordinated with UI Designer for creating high fidelity mockups and wireframe Prototypes using HTML, CSS and performed DML and SQL operations to CRUD the data in the database for data manipulation and data analysis such as union, views, joins, distinct, stored procedures to meet client requirements.
- Worked with ETL developer to create source to stage and stage to target data mapping documents indicating the source tables, columns, data types, transformations required and business rules and logic to be applied.
- Performed Data Profiling, Data Normalization, Data Verification and validation to increase Data integrity by maintaining data accuracy and effectiveness.
- Worked with zephyr/Jira for creating Test Cases and prioritizing, tracking bugs/issues and updated RTM.
- Conducted Functional Testing like System Testing, Integration Testing, Smoke Testing in both manual and automation test environment to ensure and maintain quality procedure
- Assisted business users in performing UAT by providing necessary test scripts and training documents.
- Organized and facilitated evaluation sessions with end users to examine their experience and improve functionalities of the new application accordingly.
- Created various reports and dashboard with Tableau to assist managers to better utilize salesforce cloud as Sales Cloud, Marketing Cloud, Service Cloud and Analytics Cloud.
- Used SOAP, REST, BULK and streaming API for the application in the app center in the salesforce cloud and administered the email studio and mobile studio of marketing cloud.
- Performed API testing using Postman to check if the API’s are returning the data in XML format as defined in the API documentation and required by workflow
Environment: Agile Methodology, HTML5, CSS3, JIRA, Toad SQL Server, XML, JSON, WSDL, MS Visio, Jenkins, RESTful Web services, Salesforce.net, Einstein analytics Salesforce, Postman, Swagger, MS Share point.
Confidential, Santa Clara, CA
Sr. Business Analyst
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Extensively involved in gathering requirements and writing technical designs document and process flows.
- Conducted focus group session to discuss about communication and interaction between MDM and data warehouse followed up by JAD session and came up with a prototype
- Arranged meetings with architects and SME’s about implementation procedures and documented runbook
- Kept track of the shared resources such as system architect and created Work Breakdown Structure accordingly.
- Migrated and reviewed data from heterogenous sources like various databases, flat files by working with data management team and developed Master File from multiple sources for sound data governance
- Created Process Flow Diagram to represent source to target mapping of the data from source to ODS and to EDW.
- Defined standard interfaces, Data Profile, data migration, validation, match rules tuning, reject processing, pre-landing processing and Reference Entities.
- Generated Conceptual and Logical model document defining entities and attributes with data types along with cardinalities and relationships between entities.
- Identified all the Dimensions and Facts and designed Snow-flake schema for the Centralized Data Warehouse
- Defined the Landing Tables, Staging Tables, and configured base objects, foreign-key relationships, custom Cleanse Functions, match and merge settings, lookups & queries.
- Assisted in data mapping and integration by using different transformations like joiner, filter, expression, sort, aggregator and look up in Informatica Power Center along with creating Mapplets.
- Involved in Batch job error debug and handling, Batch jobs design, Batch Group design, schema exports imports using metadata manager and conducting data team workshops helped in documentation & reporting.
- Worked closely with reporting team to ensure correct data is presented in the generated reports using tableau.
- Major tasks included architecting end to end solution for sourcing Customer data from sources using Informatica Power Center and to feed the cleansed, consolidated and integrated Customer data to Data warehouse.
- Played key role in planning, testing, and implementation of system enhancements and conversions.
- Created User Manual, Training Manual, Maintenance Plan and helped end users getting accustomed to the system by live demonstrations and system tutorials.
Environment: Waterfall scrum hybrid, Informatica Multidomain MDM 9.7.1, Informatica Power Center 9.6, Informatica Power Exchange, WebLogic, Tableau, Oracle, SQL.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Identified business rules for approval by conducting extensive one-to-one interviews with SME’s and assisted Project Manager in ROI Analysis and SWOT Analysis to mitigate potential business and technical risks.
- Understood and performed the AS-IS and TO-BE business process and developed the GAP Analysis.
- Participated in the identification, understanding of Business Requirements and authored the Business Requirement Document (BRD) and documented business processes and business rules.
- Created and maintained User Stories by workshop, interviewing, brainstorming and met with the business users to communicate the requirements to development and testing teams.
- Consulted the business users and SMEs, helped to create Product Backlogs to prioritize features and subsequently created Sprint Backlogs and tracked & monitored them using JIRA.
- Conducted in JAD/JAR sessions, got requirement specification documents including Project Objectives, Business Rules Conducted Daily Stand-up Meeting, created stories/tasks, assigned tasks to developers & updated the Burn-Down Chart. Proficient in breaking down large user stories into multiple independent stories.
- Involved in Walk-through sessions with developers and gave presentations to help understand the end user needs.
- Prepared Use Case Diagrams, Activity Diagrams, and Sequence Diagrams from conceptual to procedural level in MS Visio to analyze and design structure, behavior and interactions in the system design.
- Designed Conceptual and Logical Data Models using Erwin. Created staging area, source and target databases for ETL and mappings within collateral asset line, collateral accounts using SQL Server Integration Service.
- Collaborated with QA team to create test plan and test cases, approved test cases for functional requirements verification, and review test evidences for new functions to make sure all requirements are met.
- Involved in smoke and sanity testing to ensure proper functioning of critical functionalities of the software builds developed by the development team in time-boxed agile environment
- Performed UAT testing to validate system & application performance and developed User Manuals & Support team manuals
Environment: Agile Methodology, MS SharePoint, Microsoft office suite 2013, MS Visio 2013, Erwin 3.5.2, SQL Server 2012, Jira, Zephyr, Balsamiq.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Organized workshops with Subject Matter Experts to obtain domain level information. Developed a vision plan that defined the primary goals and objectives of the project.
- Worked with SME’s, Stakeholders to elicited clear and thorough business requirements using techniques like brainstorming, interviews, JAD sessions that meet the business scope and objectives.
- Created the Business Requirement Document, System Requirement Specification and stored it on the SharePoint 2010
- Designed and documented Test Plans, Test Scenarios, Test Cases based on business requirements and design documents and logged in defects using HP ALM.
- Prepared Test Data for positive and negative test scenarios for functional testing using boundary value analysis and exhaustive testing as documented in test plan.
- Validated the database using various SQL queries like Joins, group by, order by,
- Prepared Requirements Traceability Matrix (RTM) to help the stakeholders trace the requirements
- Documented Bug Report and Categorized them based on severity and Priority
- Used Quality Center to store all test results and for defect tracking and reporting
- Provided weekly management status reports and coordinated meetings between test team and development team to review defects and track them to closure. Created Macros which helped in enhancing the reports sent on day-to-day basis.
Environment: Waterfall, Microsoft SQL Server, HP ALM, MS Office (MS Excel, MS Word), SharePoint 2010.