- 8+ years of software development, data analysis, data modelling, data visualization and worked as a lecturer
- 7+ years of data modeling, write advanced SQL queries as well as creating database objects such as tables, views, common table expressions, stored procedures, triggers, functions, indexes, creating table partitions, taking backups, scheduling jobs.
- Expertise in delivering technology solutions that increased operational as well as analytical efficiency of financial services and health care business intelligence using Agile SDLC.
- 5+ years of experience in end - to-end BI solutions designing: business requirement collection, data identification, documentation, Data Mart and ETL designing, cube and dimension designing, report designing for financial and health insurance services providers.
- 5+ years of ETL design in SSIS tools: creating data access connections to different source and destination applications, creating work flows using control flow tasks, creating data flow pipelines and performing required transformations before moving data from source to destination.
- Ensured integrity of data warehouse (DWH) by designing, developing, implementing, and maintaining ETL workflows that utilized either SCD, CDC, Checksum and lookup transformations.
- Deploying packages after parametrizing, creating environments and configuring for development, test and production.
- 4+ years OLAP cube and dimension designs using SSAS design tools, calculating members across measure groups and cube dimensions, partitioning, building and deploying cube structures and processing data from source and browsing the data in SSAS databases.
- 4+ years of Enterprise report design in SSRS designer and creating SSRS objects (data sources, datasets and reports), dash boards, report templates and formatting.
- 4+ years of deploying report definition, data sources, data sets and report parts to report server and SharePoint library as well as creating folders, managing report security, creating report schedules and subscriptions.
- SSRS Experience in logical and physical Dimensional Modeling, ER Modeling, Star Schema / Snowflake Schema, Fact and Dimension tables and Operational Data Store (ODS).
- 5+ years of relational OLTP and dimensional OLAP data modeling at conceptual, logical and physical design levels, normalizing and de-normalizing the database tables for efficient relationships operation and analytics.
- 3+ Create Power BI reports using different visualizations like a bar chart, Pie chart, heat map, Map, Donut, Gauge, table matrix, and Create, Maintain or Enhance the Power BI reports using advanced DAX and SQL.
- Accomplished a number of databases, data warehouse and BI projects using, mainly agile scrum SDLC methodology with effective collaboration with team members ranging from: business analysts, data architects, back end solutions developers, Testers, DBA & business information users.
- Open minded & passionate to learn new technologies, team player, flexible, dedicated and hard-working in helping business on unleashing technological power for decision making.
BI Design Tools & Programing languages: SQL Server BI Stack (SSRS, SSIS, SSAS), MS Excel Report builder 3.0, Visual Studio, T-SQL, .NET Frameworks (mainly C# and VB).
SQL Server: SQL Servers 2008/2008R2/2012/2014 and associated tools such as SQL server Configuration manager, SQL Server Reporting Services Configuration Manager, SQL Server Data Profiler, SQL Server Tuning Advisor, and SQL Server 2012/2014 project conversion tools.
Power BI: Power BI desktop, Power BI service based on Saas and related tools
Tableau: Tableau desktop, Tableau server and Tableau analysis server.
Data modelling software: Analytic software like Epi info, SPSS
Desk Top Tools:: Microsoft office suits (Word, Excel, Power Pivot, Outlook, and PowerPoint) to communicate solutions among team and to clients of BI solutions. Expert in Pivot table use.
Confidential, North Carolina
- Interactive data visualization development using Tableau and Power BI for organizational presentation and reports. This includes advanced tableau analysis, advanced visualization dashboard and history development
- Conduct data analysis and data mining from SQL server and make predictive analysis on statistical software
- Collected business requirements and translated them into ETL, reports and cube designs, maintenance, or upgrade solutions using SSDT.
- Designed high performing ETL packages that loads data both from legacy and operational systems to company DWH for common data repository and analytical layer.
- Imported and maintained older packages, converted packages designed older in BIDS using project conversion tools.
- Used sequence containers to organize tasks and used foreach loop containers for looping through many files to load data from research agencies and partners into Enterprise data repository.
- Undertook different of data transformations such as data conversion, lookup, fuzzy lookup, SCD, CDC, OLE DB command, checksum, conditional split, derived column, merge and union All.
- Created dynamic packages that use variables and parameters, executed, debugged and then deployed them to SSISDB by creating project parameters.
- Deployed projects to SSISDB project folders for testing and built packages to generate Ispac files for delayed package deployments.
- Created different environments such as development, QA and Production and environmental variables for dynamic usage of packages.
- Designed reports in SSRS that included creating projects, drilldown, drill through reports, sub reports, main reports as well as dashboards and depicting them in different data regions.
- Published and managed report server items (SSRS): reports, data sources, data sets, parameters and related reports activities and roles such as folders and permissions, schedules and subscriptions .
- Created linked, cached and snapshot reports, report models, and published reports using report server manager both in development and production environments.
- Monitored and troubleshot reports and ETL processes including performance tuning.
- Supported the maintenance of metadata, support documentation and data library.
- Participated on cube designs in SSAS multidimensional as well as tabular mode from both DWH and OLTP sources, creating calculated aggregates, KPIs, perspectives and translations and building and deploying the cube to SSAS DB .
Confidential, Washington DC
- Design and build processes for evaluating and incorporating a variety of new datasets, integrate new systems with existing in-house structures
- Provide architecture guidance and support to technical leads involved in data analytics activities
- Contribute to data mining architectures, modeling standards, reporting, and data analysis methodologies
- Collaborate with stakeholders to integrate data mining results with existing systems
- Work with technical staff to develop and refine data storage frameworks that are optimized for analytical use
- Design and construct large databases. Process, clean, and verify the integrity of data used for analysis
- Implement approaches to harmonize unaligned datasets to support analysis and data-driven decision making
- Perform ad-hoc exploratory statistics and data mining tasks on diverse datasets from small scale to big data
- Facilitated functional data warehouse design by discussing with business units and designed Enterprise key reports and dashboards based on business requirements and rules.
- Participated in data warehouse modeling initiatives with key business stakeholders by gathering and documenting key business entities, schemas and hierarchies, measures, standards and report needs.
- Designed, developed and modified various reports produced from transactional databases as well as DWs using SSRS; and published reports and data sources to SharePoint library and Report Server.
- Created dashboards and reports to provide user’s ability to forecast events based on data.
- Profiled data at sources using data profiling Task to ensure data integrity, completeness and accuracy as well as using profile result for package design and performance tuning.
- Ran traces, used estimated execution plans and evaluated query runtime and rewrote efficient queries.
- Worked independently and collaboratively with end users to assist in defining strategic solutions that solved business issues and enhanced corporate performance through BI solutions design and maintenance.
- Produced technical requirements including requirements definition, schema design for ETL (SSIS) and SSAS cube and dimension designs.
- Worked with business and IT team members to prepare and translate business requirements into technical solutions in transactional database design.
- Took part in relational data modeling/remodeling for import and export database, ranging from requirement gathering, conceptual modeling, logical modeling, physical modeling, and data dictionary preparation and testing using agile SDLC methodologies.
- Installed, configured, upgraded, MS SQL Server database engine, reporting services, and analysis services.
- Wrote T-SQL queries to create, and update database objects: tables, views, triggers, functions, and parametrized stored procedures.
- Participated on data warehouse and data mart design solutions in order to capture and store data across many dimensions and measures.
- Performed enterprise data consolidation by importing and transforming data from legacy data bases and transferring into databases staging and permanent tables.
- Produced ad hoc reports from OLTP data platforms, using SQL statements and Stored Procedures for faster performance in SSRS and excel.
- Co-authored and maintained database design documentation of loan and mortgage database with Microsoft SQL Server.
- Designed, coded, tested, and aggregated results from SQL queries against separate databases to provide information to users.
- Participated on OLTP and OLAP performance improvement by running profiler traces to evaluate query runtime, store procedures using execution plan, and reconstructed indexes, created partitions in collaboration with DBAs to improve performance.
- Protected enterprise data by scheduling backups across network.
- Worked as a lecturer in the university
- Advisor and mentor to program completion courses