- Certified " Professional Scrum Master I " having 12+ years of experience on ’ IBM Mainframes ’ technologies including application development, maintenance, enhancements and Production Support.
- Experience includes Banking, Insurance, Retail and Healthcare domains.
- Very good hands - on experience including creating, debugging and testing the code written in COBOL, IMS, JCL, VSAM, DB2 and CICS.
- Hands-on experience on all stages of project development including requirement analysis, creating high & low-level design documents, development, testing and implementation process, software quality standards, configuration management, change management and quality procedures.
- Trained with very good hands on experience on DevOps concepts which includes Gitlab (SCM), Jenkins (CI Server), Ansible playbook and Docker containers.
- Very good knowledge and understanding of several components’ integration using WMB and IIB concepts.
- Experience includes delivers and deploys custom developed applications for the clients, including prototyping, code development, modularization, unit, integration and performance testing, configuration and defect management and production deployment.
- Worked closely with configuration and change management teams who are responsible for application deployments including the coordination of database changes and other application configurations.
- Result oriented, strategic thinker, highly analytical with record of increasing application performance and reducing costs with both technical and business matters.
- Provides oversight and guidance to technical teams in managing Mainframe application and product delivery.
- Good team player with excellent technical and interpersonal skills and ability to work independently and manage multiple task assignments.
- Closely worked with teams from other applications and other technologies and understand how Mainframe applications interact with other systems.
- Experience working on the projects built using the Agile methodology which includes PI discussions, stand up and scrum meetings, Iteration planning, design discussions etc.
- Able to work under pressure, use own initiative and motivation to meet deadlines and set priorities without close supervision.
Operating System: Z/OS, OS/390, MS-WINDOWS
Packages/ Editors: MS Word, MS Excel & MS PowerPoint.
Software Proficiency: COBOL, JCL, EAZYTRIEVE, PL1, CICS and SAS.
Database: DB2, VSAM, IMS-DB, MS-Access, RDBMS, SQL
Development/Productivity Tools: TSO/ISPF, File-AID, Data vantage, Xpeditor, Endevor, Infoman, ESP scheduler and CA7, Changeman, Abend-Aid, Service Desk, HP quality center, JIRA and CA tools
- Understanding the business requirements and functional specifications of the client module using the Mainframe technologies such as COBOL, DB2, DYL280, JCL, IMS and Endevor (Mainframe version controller).
- Integrating the new modules with the existing system and perform the end to end testing in the Mainframe environment.
- Build functional specification, develop technical specification and review using Microsoft office suite and version control them.
- Provide technical assistance from design and development standpoint using the debugging and analysis tool like Xpeditor.
- Planning the test activities with customer team and handled complete Mainframe batch E2E testing.
- Customization of various applications/reports and implementation of selected business model using the Mainframe scripts such as REXX, Eazytrieve and sorting utilities like DFSORT and ICETOOL.
- Functional analysis of specifications, tracking tickets arise from customers as part of the Integration testing and resolving problems using the ticketing tools like HP-ALM and Jira.
- Active participation in standup, PI and scrum meetings as part of Agile methodology.
- Design, tracking and coordinating project activities to meet project deliverable using customer provided tools and skills gathered from all experience.
- Develop enhancements, system documentation, and production support and implement procedures for quality improvement and development using the Mainframe technologies like COBOL, IMS, ESP (scheduler) and Microsoft office suite.
Environment: COBOL, JCL, DB2, IMS DB, File Aid, SQL, Change Man, ESP scheduler, Xpeditor, HP Quality center, JIRA, Confluence
- Analysis of encounters and deriving CMS error descriptions by researching CMS response files - 999,277 and MAO files
- Very good understanding of CMS implementation guides (999,277,834 and 837-Institutional and Professional).
- Involved in the development, implementation and review of Medicare enrollment and eligibility policies.
- Resolved member eligibility issues.
- Good understanding knowledge of CMS claims processing cycle
- Coordinating with the Client on the new requirements.
- Analyzing the system for new enhancements and functionalities.
- Requirements development Analysis for new
- Preparation of detailed design documents
- Development and Unit Testing
- UAT Support
- Production Support
- Knowledge transfer to new team members
Environment: COBOL, JCL, DB2, Xpediter, File Aid, RDBMS, SQL, Endevor
- Support, enhancements of COBOL programs. Incidents resolution.
- Providing Mainframe test data by populating test databases for developers/testers/QA teams.
- Moving selected data in tables from one environment to other (Prod to Test or from one test region to another).
- Account Registration.
- Making clones of existing data.
- Scrub production NPI data.
- Data mining- Identifying production data based on client's data requirements and business functionality.
- Develop Cobol/Eazytrieve programs to support extract, load, cloning, scrubbing and mining processes.
- Develop ISPF panels using CLIST/REXX to support client requests.
Environment: COBOL, JCL, DB2, REXX, Eazytrieve, File Aid, SQL
- Taken the responsibility of tracking the ticket status, collecting the updates from different team members and helping them to finish the tasks on right time with good quality.
- Actively participated in the status meetings with the client team and helped the team to get the enough help from the client side.
- Maintenance (Fault Fixing).
- On Call SIT/UAT Support (24 x7)
- Deployment of Component and coding
Environment: COBOL, JCL, IMS DB, Change man, File Aid.
Confidential, Omaha, NE
- Provided on call support for multiple batch applications
- Monitoring the Incident Requests Queue
- Involved in complete lifecycle of the ticket starting from acknowledging to resolving.
- Using the tools do the analysis and update the CA Service center
- Provide temporary resolution followed by permanent fix.
- Involved in COBOL programming and unit testing.
- Trained new people on the applications and helped in solving the IR's.
- Helped the new people in preparing the application documents.
Environment: COBOL, JCL, DB2, VSAM, SAS, Change man, Endeavor, File Aid, DFSORT, Unicenter service desk
- Impact analysis of the programs.
- Pretesting of programs before code changes.
- Code changes.
- Post testing of the programs and documenting the results.
- Peer review.
Environment: COBOL, JCL, PL1, File aid
- Involved in coding the COBOL programs as part of the Quantum project.
- Involved in testing several programs using Inter-test.
- Analyzing the requirements and raising the questions to Clients.
- Apart from these activities I have played a major role in training new team members both in technical aspects specific to project as well as knowledge about insurance domain.
Environment: COBOL, JCL, File aid, Inter test