A dynamic IT Consultant with experience in software development, project management, and system operations with a demonstrated ability to partner with clients to deliver software solutions to solve complex business problems. Expertise in the design and implementation of Alfresco - based document management, workflow and team collaboration solutions. Active member of the Alfresco Community -- contributed a popular extension to allow Alfresco to preview Flash video and organizes the Washington, DC Alfresco Meetup group. Direct responsibility for a twenty-person department under a $2,400,000 staffing budget.
- Content Management Systems Requirements Analysis Financial Systems
- Customer Relationship Mgmt Project Management Broadcast Media
- Software Quality Assurance Ad Sales Systems
Principal, Solution Architect
- Specializing in the design and implementation of Alfresco-based enterprise content management, workflow and team collaboration solutions.
- Develop vertical market solutions using the Alfresco DM, Share, Web Script, workflow, Workdesk and Records Management capabilities.
- Hands-on experience installing and customizing Alfresco for clients including content modeling, customizing dashlets and pages using Surf and using Java to develop repository actions and to provide remote d Confidential access using Chemistry OpenCMIS. Recent assignments include:
- Consulting at a government agency as a content management architect for a case management system with migration of 3 million documents via Alfresco Bulk File System Import tool
- Providing Alfresco subject-matter expertise in the design of a document publishing platform and mentoring in-house developers new to Alfresco
- Lead developer to implement Alfresco Workdesk to support a case management application including mentoring in-house staff.
Director, Business Systems
- Managed day-to-day operations of the 15-person team providing application maintenance, production support and quality assurance that supports over 25 complex, mission-critical business applications including advertising sales, marketing, invoicing, program scheduling and program production management for 11 US cable networks.
- Directed the implementation of off-the-shelf software packages: automated the sales commission processing function for the $1.2B advertising sales group using Callidus resulting in reduced business effort to produce payments and a lower error rate; automated CRM functionality using SalesLogix
- Improved the software quality assurance function by enhancing the team’s business knowledge, instituting peer and business analyst review of test plans, coordinating user acceptance and standardizing test templates. Automated performance testing using SilkPerformer
- Built a sustainable and effective second-level application production support team by creating and documenting repe Confidential ble processes, cross training staff, automating routine tasks and creating a configuration management d Confidential base
- Achieved low staff turnover by providing mentoring, growth opportunities and consistently recognizing good performance.
Director, Advertising Sales Software Development
- Managed the in-house software development of the liability management, sales budgeting and paid programming sales systems using a full life-cycle development methodology, Java, J2EE, Websphere and Oracle
- Implemented a system for tracking, reporting and prioritizing development requests giving the business analysts, QA, production support and other stakeholders improved visibility into the development schedule
- Developed project plans and flexibly managed resources and schedules to accommodate changing business priorities
- Developed a comprehensive regression test plan simulating a monthly business cycle and incorporating 12+ mission critical systems. Execution of this plan significantly reduced the risk of an on-air outage
- Consistent on-time delivery of monthly maintenance releases that support mandatory business changes, including new network launches and high-priority enhancements.
- Directed the analysis, design and development of software for consulting clients in the financial services industry to solve complex business problems.
- Managed a team of 10 in the operation, support and maintenance of the purchasing card sales management system for Confidential which supported the day-to-day activities of the US corporate account and merchant sales groups
- Led a team in determining the requirements of an investment management system tracking a $1 billion portfolio
- Turned around two at-risk projects that resulted in successful completion and contract renewals worth $2,000,000
- Managed a team of 15 to develop a credit card payment system for Confidential that was delivered on-time, under a $1,700,000 budget.