- Business and Systems Analyst with extensive experience in business process analysis, business requirements gathering, User Acceptance Testing, data warehouse, design and development of business applications, report design. Expertise in Property and Casualty Insurance, Finance, and Systems Analysis. Strong written and oral communication skills with ability to communicate with technical and nontechnical audience.
- Eleven years of experience as a Property and Casualty Insurance Business and Systems Analyst.
- Twenty years of IT experience as Business Analyst, Systems Analyst, Project Manager, Project Lead and Developer of application programs in the insurance and finance domain.
- Extensive experience in analyzing systems, gathering business requirements and preparing requirement, functional, and technical specifications.
- Experience in documentation, test case preparation, preparing other project artifacts and user testing.
- Solid understanding of SDLC methodologies.
- Effective in executing multiple tasks and assignments on schedule.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple project tasks with changing priorities and tight deadlines.
- Ability to work well in a team.
- Experience in Data Warehouse, Mainframe, Client/Server, RDBMS, and Web Applications.
Software/Hardware: SAP Business Objects, Confidential, DB2, SQL Server, MS Access, OLAP Cube, SQL, SDLC, MS Office, MS Visio, Data warehousing concepts, Project Management, Financial Management, IBM Mainframe technologies, Cool Gen, Basic HTML, Basic Java
- Responsible for maintaining the Global Data Warehouse, its reporting layer the SAP Business Objects, and other data marts for specific source systems, creating different types of business reports like canned reports, self service reports, and ad - hoc reports, managing the team, coordinating between the teams.
- Conduct detailed requirement gathering sessions for the data warehouse projects as a business analyst.
- Create functional and technical documents by user interviews, and data and system analysis, and review them with IT project staff.
- Participate and manage User Acceptance testing.
- Identify and resolve issues with Global Data Warehouse.
- Design and test new reports.
- Know the different applications, the data sources, systems and processes.
- Conduct regular project meetings with project teams to review project deliverables and deadlines.
- Communicate with end users, business liaisons, team members, peers, and management in a professional, timely, and efficient manner.
- Estimate project timelines, track time allocated to projects, and maintain clear communication on project status.
- Create, control and maintain functional, technical and project documents.
Environment: SQL Server, OLAP Cubes, MS Access, SAP Business Objects, MS Excel, Waterfall and Agile projects, different front end applications, and supporting applications
Business and Systems Analyst, Senior Technical Consultant
- Prepared functional and technical specifications for changes and extracts for Personal Insurance data warehouse.
- Reviewed test scenarios.
- Prepared functional and technical specifications and reviewed test cases and test results for Financial Reporting application based on mainframe technologies.
- Maintained the existing Data Warehouse application used for storing Auto and Property policy and transaction information from different issue systems and enhanced it as per the business request.
- Participated in data strategy and data modeling discussions.
- Facilitated formal acceptance and sign off of requirements and changes from business and IT constituents.
- Interviewed Subject Matter Experts to bring out business needs and documented requirements.
- Performed impact and root cause analyses.
- Onsite Project Manager for a team of 4 onsite coordinators in Reinsurance IT and Business Analyst for Reinsurance Applications.
- Analyzed and documented Schedule F system. Used MS Visio for the documentation work. This was done for the rewrite of current mainframe system to non-mainframe systems.
- Set up the source code migration process for GUI applications, documented and trained a team.
- Responsible for data migration and making available control data in different test and production Db2 tables.
- Set up mainframe CICS regions for application teams. The set up involved applications using MQ, CICS, DB2, and front end applications.
Environment: Data Warehouse; IBM Mainframes for Financial Reporting, COBOL, CICS, DB2.
Project Leader/Onshore coordinator, Programmer
- Managed Messaging application using CICS COBOL programs which pass the messages between front end applications through MQ and back end programs in mainframe.
- Maintained Credit card processing application using Vision Plus.
- Prepared the integration test cases for Auto loan project for batch programs and interface programs as well as do the integration testing,
- Review the test cases prepared by others, and coordinating with the onsite
- Worked on the customization of Provider Payment system. Worked on the analysis, design and development of the Capitation system.
- Responsible for analyzing, preparing test cases, coding, unit testing, integration testing and system testing and adhering to the ISO 9001 quality
- Worked on the Auto PMS and Home Insurance systems and analyzed requirements, and prepared test cases. Also included coding, unit testing, integration testing and system testing and adhering to the ISO 9001 quality
Environment: IBM Mainframes using OS390 operating system, Vision Plus, CICS, COBOL, JCL, TSO/ISPF, VSAM, XPEDITER, FILE-AID, FILE-AID for DB2, CHANGEMAN, Test Director
- Responsible for analyzing, fixing and unit testing the problems identified in production for the financial business systems, Collections, Obligations, Distribution & Disbursement.
- This involved performance improvement issues and related new program developments.
Environment: IEF 5.3/Cool:Gen, VS COBOL II, JCL, DB2, CICS
- Worked on the conversion and unit testing of the billing system
Environment: COBOL, JCL, XPEDITER