Highly motivated information technology leader with 20 years of enterprise software development and implementation experience in life sciences, healthcare, finance, engineering, business intelligence, and telecommunications. Dynamic and engaged leader focused on helping technical teams successfully deliver innovative solutions that fulfill the priorities of the organization.
Operating Systems: MacOS, UNIX, Linux, Ubuntu, CentOS, AIX, Windows XP - Windows 10
Languages: Java, JEE, JSP, Servlets, JDBC, XML, XSLT, Java Script, Groovy, Grails
Frameworks: Spring Framework, Spring Boot, AngularJs
Application Servers: Oracle WebLogic, IBM WebSphere, Apache Tomcat, Jetty, NodeJS
Middleware: Tibco Rendezvous, Oracle Fusion Middleware, Apache Lucene, Apache Solr
Database: Oracle, Sybase, SQL Server, PostgreSQL, MongoDb
Tools: Atlassian Confluence, Jira, FishEye/Crucible, Stash, Jenkins Automation Server, Sonatype Nexus, Perforce, HP Quality Center, Remedy Service Management, ServiceNow, Slack
Confidential, Carlsbad, CA
Development Operations Lead
- Direct a global team of developers, business analysts, and quality assurance experts responsible for triage and problem resolution of issues raised by customers and internal business users.
- Coordinate the management and daily assignment of incidents, problems and support tickets from inception to resolution.
- Report, monitor and govern IT operational SLA for eBusiness customer problem resolution.
- Collaborate with IT operations and business leaders to mitigate operational issues and high priority improvements.
- Lead and coordinate the technical peer code review process and the implementation of the established SDLC for development, testing and delivery to production.
- Promote and enhance remote development team communication through the use of collaboration tools such as Atlassian Confluence, Jira, Stash and Slack.
- Consolidated several different build tools into the Jenkins continuous integration tool. Implemented Jenkins Pipelines for continuous delivery to multiple application nodes.
- Lead the migration of the development environments to a cloud-based infrastructure for better performance and increased capacity.
- Mentor and coach team members in new technologies and the Agile / SCRUM methodology. Conducted regularly scheduled employee performance reviews and goal-setting sessions.
Confidential, Irvine, CA
Scrum Master / Senior Application Developer
- Coordinated efforts with Vice President of Development and business stakeholders to plan new strategies and identify opportunities to meet business goals and operational efficiencies.
- Instrumental in researching, planning and implementing team development tools and practices. Led migration of active projects from Apache Ant to Apache Maven to provide consistency and uniformity. Evaluated and introduced the use of Groovy for server-side scripting in place of various scripting languages.
- Acted as Scrum Master for multiple Agile software development initiatives. Facilitated daily Scrum meetings, Sprint planning, Sprint review, and Sprint retrospectives.
- Mentored and coached development team members in the Agile/Scrum development methodology.
- Provided on-going SCRUM to key business leaders in order to increase enterprise adoption.
Confidential, Irvine, CA
- Utilized Agile Methodology with Scrum with a team of eight Java developers. As a result, the team substantially increased the velocity and quality of their work.
- Mentored and coached development team members in Agile/Scrum methodology.
- Implemented team Burn Down charts to bring progress visibility to team and management.
- Facilitated daily Scrum meetings, maintained and updated Sprint Backlog, and assisted team by removing and resolving impediments.
Senior Programmer Analyst
- Member of equity trading server development team for next version of the Equity Trading Platform. Team utilized the Spring Framework and Hibernate to increase performance and maintainability for business and data layers of the Java based application. TIBCO Rendezvous served as the communication protocol between the C# client and Java based back-end.
- Completed build-out of production WebLogic environments as a member of the roll-out team for new Equity Trading Platform. Established and socialized automation processes to manage the production application components and educated external support teams.
- Designed and developed Java (Spring Framework) automation suite to simulate equity trades in the development and test environments. Tool was used to increase the turn-around time during the of the equity traders.
- Analyzed and restructured development/test Oracle WebLogic instances to Solaris zones in order to consolidate development servers.
- Provided 24/7 Level 3 technical support for the equity trading system and the equity traders in the US, Europe and Asia stock exchanges.
Confidential, Irvine, CA
Development Team Lead
- Managed the daily activities of seven software engineers. Delegated technical roles and responsibilities, conducted code reviews, established project schedules and priorities, and served as technical liaison to the business operational teams.
- Motivated, mentored and coached team members to improve productivity and quality of the Java team.
- Conducted new team member technical interviews and made hiring decisions. Coordinated and managed the recruiting relationships with HR and the external recruiting firms. Defined and wrote detailed job descriptions.
- Successfully planned, implemented and managed the execution of the Java5 upgrade of legacy applications and production server environment.
- Established responsive relationship with Quality Assurance team in order to complete new initiatives successfully.
- Successfully championed the use of ‘Pair Programming’ in order to increase the team productivity, quality and cross- efficiency.
Senior Software Engineer / Systems Architect
- Architected, designed and served as lead Java developer for middle-tier loan routing system. Implemented system using the Spring Framework, this component fits into Argent’s Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) and serves as the implementation for future components. Some of the technologies utilized include: AXIS web service toolkit, Apache Digester, XSLT XML transformation, Oracle JMS publish/subscribe for messaging, and the Hibernate ORM tool for persistence. Crafted workflow diagrams in Visio and reviewed with Enterprise Architecture team.
- Designed and developed enterprise logging component (Java/Spring Framework) for business middle tier SOA based components. Component provided REST style and JMS publish/subscribe style message end-points to both Java and Win32 based applications.
- Provided production application support to critical business tier components.
- Served as escalation manager for the Java team.
Confidential, Santa Ana, CA
Systems Architect / Senior Software Engineer
- Served as architect and lead developer for the Confidential corporate data exchange. The data exchange was built using a Java/Spring Framework and Apache Lucene search engine in order to bridge several disparate data sources together and provide an easy to use web-based corporate directory service.
- Successfully advocated the use of eXtreme programming methods in order to increase the team’s efficiency and deliver critical features in substantially less time.
- Served as mentor and coach to junior members of solutions group.
Confidential, Aliso Viejo, CA
Senior Software Engineer
- Developed infrastructure tool using Java to register new JDBC data source names within the Sun iPlanet Application server.
- Used Electric XML Java API to manipulate large XML documents.
- Worked with Data Management team in developing Java based API's to create and manipulate spatial data objects.
- Developed JSP and Java value objects using the Jakarta Struts application framework.
- Developed web application using Java servlets, XML, and XSLT to mine the Confidential product logging output that was stored in Oracle database. Application provided the QA and Development teams quick search and sorting capabilities of the tremendous amount of logging data in an easy to use web interface.
- Established a Linux based server for Continuous Build and Integration for server components.
- Implemented postgreSQL database instances on Solaris and Linux operating systems to capture Application Server system monitoring metrics. Later used the Jakarta POI project and Java to extract tabular data into MS Excel spreadsheets. Users selected time and desired system through a wizard like JSP interface.
- Developed PHP web based application to manage spatial metadata attributes within an Oracle database. As a result, numerous command shell scripts were replaced with an easy to use web interface.
Confidential, Irvine, CA
Senior Software Engineer
- Technical lead for project automation and code generation for a complex IBM MQSeries - Workflow implementation for Wells Fargo Bank.
- Developed J2EE EJB data layer and JSP GUI presentation layer for IBM WebSphere application server.
- Established Java code generation practices to increase productivity and response time to architectural changes.
- Designed and developed a Java based automated error detection and intervention system using IBM Content Manager for document management implementation.
- Successfully implemented CVS (Concurrent Versioning System) for the Confidential Irvine office. Later expanded for company-wide use and served as the Configuration Manager for the Irvine office. Accomplished this implementation with a $0 capital budget and no negative impact to billable development responsibilities.