- Nearly eight years of experience working in technical/financial domainswith a strong focus on business/data analysis, business intelligence, program/project management, data mining/reporting/visualization techniques, data analytics tools and technologies.
- Working knowledge of SQL, PL/SQL, Oracle, Teradata, Tableau,Power BI, OBIEE, Informatica,SSIS, SSRS, Excel, MS Office Tools.
- Strong Data Warehousing ETL experience of using Informatica 9.1/8.6.1/8.5/8.1/7.1 PowerCenter Client tools - Mapping Designer, Repository manager, Workflow Manager/Monitor and Server tools.
- Strong mastery of Oracle Financial/Data Analytics/Data Validation/Data Integration/Data Mining/Data Analysis.
- Expertise in Data Warehouse/Data mart, Master data management (MDM),database design implementations teamed with project scope, analysis, requirements gathering, data modeling, Effort Estimation, ETL Design, development, System testing, Implementation and production support.
- Worked on performing data analysis that includes Root Cause Analysis, Cluster Analysis and Behavioral Analysis.
- Worked on the metadata management for the assigned applications and in developing conceptual/logical data models using data modeling techniques - collaborated with DBA team for physical model implementation.
- Worked on deriving summaries using data profiling techniques and in building BI reports from the raw data using SSRS, Tableau, PowerBI.
- Hands-on experience in master data management (MDM), metadata management and Reference data management.
- Extensive experience in developing Stored Procedures, Functions, Views and Triggers, Complex SQL queries using SQL Server, TSQL and Oracle PL/SQL.
- Experience in generating reports/dashboards that explains business trends and accommodates for data analysis/validation over certain period using business intelligence (BI) tools and techniques.
- Involved in all the phases of Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) including waterfall, Agile, Scrum and Kanban methodologies.
- Experience in the documentation of Business requirements document (BRD), Functional requirements document (FRD), source to target mapping document (S2T), data dictionary, metadata documentation, UAT test cases, project charter and other items.
- Experience in analyzing and providing solutions to the applications/processes according tobusiness requirements.
- Experience in Software Testing and Quality Assurance of Client/Server and Databaseapplications.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, analytical skills and strong ability to perform aspart of a team.
Programming Languages: SQL, PL/SQL,Core Java, C, UNIX Shell Scripts
Databases: Oracle, SQL Server, MySQL, DB2, Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio, Teradata, Hyperion Essbase, Netezza, MS Access
Web Technologies: HTML, CSS, Java Scripts
Operating Systems: Unix/Solaris, Windows, Mac
Tools: & Software: Eclipse, NetBeans IDE, Tableau,Power BI, OBIEE, Optimizely, Amazon Redshift, Microsoft Visio, SSIS, SSRS,Microsoft Visual Studio,Caliber RM, Internet InformationServices (IIS) Manager, Xcode, SSIS, SSRS, Advanced Query Tool, SQL Developer, Teradata SQL Assistant, Erwin, Informatica, MS-Office, Advanced Excel(pivot tables, v-lookup)
Database SpecializationCourses: Database Design, Data warehousing, Data Mining & Clusterization
Confidential, Charlotte, North Carolina
Sr. Data Analyst
- Worked on building/maintaining a standalone master database that holds the best quality derived data and serves as single data repository for all the data domains across the enterprise.
- Worked on building database architecture that includes the details of source to target mappings, data/process flow, inventory details, analysis, ETL activities and commentary based on data recovery objectives to enable traceability and reporting.
- Worked on developing ETL procedures in solving complex data mapping scenarios and coordinated with source system owners with day-to-day ETL progress monitoring using Informatica.
- Provided subject matter expertise in the area of data governance/data management including data quality rules/controls, data sourcing, data mining, metadata, data lineage, governance, reconciliations, and issue escalation and remediation.
- Developed complex data mappings between source and target systems to identify facts and dimensions tables as per STAR schema technique.
- Worked on developing conceptual/logical data models using Erwin data modeling Tool and created data models for analytical systems.
- Worked on the analysis of data from multiple source systems to determine what meta-data was to be included in the Logical Data Model and also to determine the best way to handle metadata management and reference data management.
- Worked on building weekly/monthly/ad-hocreports using Tableau that not only illustrates and highlights the efficiency of overall health check of the data but also provides details about the data quality for a given period, risk percentage, the percentage of data loss/impact analysis and proposal/commentary on the remediation plan. This dashboard provides summary level and loan level information required for the management.
- Worked on building data metrics to provide a point of view on the data domain’s ability to identify the last best quality data source in the event of a risk scenario that requires data recovery.
- Responsible to evaluate all data risk types with relevant use cases, which will bring more visibility to the data retention and data quality associated with the resiliency stack.
- Worked on the implementation of data governance rules/data management activities required to comply with regulatory expectations using SQL and PL/SQL stored procedures.
Confidential, Charlotte, North Carolina
Sr. Business Data Analyst
- Performed data analysis (Root Cause Analysis, Cluster Analysis and Behavioral Analysis) and validation on huge data using statistical techniques (Linear regression/data mining for logistic regression/T-tests) and developed rules and stored procedures to detect suspicious/fraudulent activities.
- Combined SQL, data visualization and business intelligence expertise to create detailed user stories from the statistical data/numbers and developed dashboards using Tableau and Power BI to deliver efficient, scalable Business Intelligence (BI) solutions.
- Worked on conceptual/logical data models in compliance with enterprise standards according to the regulatory requirements - modeled new data models based on user requirements and updated existing data model by updating existing metadata.
- Experience in integration of heterogeneous data sources like Oracle, SQL Server and Flat Files (Fixed & delimited) into Staging Area.
- Extracted, interpreted and analyzed data to identify key metrics (KPIs), facts/dimensions and transformed raw data into meaningful, actionable information.
- Worked on resolving on-going maintenance issues and bug fixes; monitoring Informatica sessions as well as performance tuning of mappings and sessions.
- Worked on building scorecards to improve corporate profitability measures and comparative financial analysis.
- Worked on developing metrics and strategy to setup acceptable threshold score based on the criticality of the data and automate the health check process by developing macros using Visual Basic scripting and stored procedures using PL/SQL and by setting up automated jobs for the data checks every day using Unix Shell scripting.
- Worked on building visually impactful dashboards in Tableau and Power BI for data reporting and visualization by using SQL.
- Communicated key presentations to leadership and facilitate agreement with business partners and other stakeholders.
- Worked on multiple projects - responsible for documentation that includes project scope, business/technical requirements, Design Specifications, Data models, Source to Target Mappings, Trace-ability matrix, roadmaps and release plan.
Confidential, Charlotte, North Carolina
- Worked on analyzing and providing technical solution where gaps exist in current processes/financial applications by conducting data/business analysis.
- Provided analytical review of data and datasets to highlight inconsistencies andtrack bugs using SQL and PL/SQL.
- Worked on developing ad-hoc queries/reports as needed and performed data analysis/validation as per the requirements.
- Worked on interpreting and transforming the requirements in terms ofbusiness necessities to technical specifications; identified root causes and corrective actions to meetshort and long term business, financial and system requirements
- Worked on the design and developmentof ETL mappings using Informatica to extract master/transactional data from heterogeneous data feeds and performed transformations per business requirements.
- Provided management and maintenance of client database applications and troubleshootingproblems as they arise using SQL, PL/SQL and Unix shell scripts.
- Worked on deriving summaries from the data by understanding financial data, General Ledger, Profit & Loss, Balance Sheet, and Statement of Cash Flows and their relationship.
- Worked on the review of daily report procedures to maximize efficiencies and minimize reporting risk toclient’s portfolio.
- Handled internal and external vendors by presenting the data validation findings on regular basis.
- Provided high-level strategy and road map by initiating new projects for Confidential and managed end-to-end deliverables.
- Worked on building databases in SQL Server/Oracle and integrated with custom applications.
- Responsible for developing, support and maintenance for the ETL processes using Informatica Power Center.
- Worked onbuilding ETL packages using Microsoft SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) tool, these packages included detailed workflow of data imports from client FTP server.
- Worked on SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) tool to build reports by summarizing huge data.
- Worked on development projects in designing new custom applications as per the requirements.
- Worked on gathering business/technical requirements and coordinated with the clients in providing a solution as perthe requirements.
- Worked on revising business performance metrics in collaboration with business and technical teams, which increased data transparency.
- Reverse engineered financial reports and identified the KPIs, facts, dimensions and measures required for the enhancements of the existing reports.
- Developed PL/SQL Procedures and database triggers for the validation of input data and toimplement business rules.
- Worked on optimizing data collection and transformation proceduresto improve system efficiency.
- Worked on developing extract transform and loads (ETL) procedures and involved in importing the production data to lower environments for testing purposes.
- Collaborated with the UX team to create wireframes/mockups for superior front-end design.