- 4 years of IT working experience in various applications and technologies with 3+ years of work experience as a Tableau Developer with data visualization tool tableau and around 4 years experience as a data and business analyst.
- Strong understanding of Software Development Life Cycle(SDLC) with RUP, Agile and Waterfall methodologies such as Planning, Data visualization, Design, Implementation, Testing and Maintenance of Architecture.
- Experienced in creating solution driven views and Dashboards by creating various charts, graphs and histograms in Tableau versions 6/ 7/8.1 and 8.2.
- Experience in Tableau Desktop, Tableau Server and Tableau Reader in various versions of Tableau 6, Tableau 7 and Tableau 8 and SQL.
- Extensive Tableau Experience in Enterprise Environment and Tableau Administrator Experience including technical support, troubleshooting, report design and monitoring of system usage.
- In - depth knowledge on Tableau Desktop, Tableau Reader and Tableau Server.
- Mastered the ability to design and deploy rich Graphic visualizations with Drill Down menu option and Parameterized using Tableau.
- Proficient in design and development of various reports and Dashboard utilizing Tableau Visualizations tools like bar graphs, scatter plots, pie-charts, heat maps, Custom color palettes, geographic visualization and other making use of actions, other local and global filters to identify critical KPI’s and to requirements of the end user.
- Experience in improving reporting performance significantly in tableau using extracts and context filters.
- Hands on experience working in several projects gathering requirements and communicating them to the development team in a comprisable language using following best practices.
- Experience in Conducting Gap Analysis, created Use Cases, work flows, screen shots and PowerPoint presentations for the Web Applications.
- Expertise in the concepts of Data Warehousing, Data Marts, ER Modeling, Dimensional Modeling, Fact and Dimensional Tables.
- Experience in designing techniques like Snowflake schemas, Star schema, fact and dimension tables, logical and physical modeling.
- Provided technical and analytical expertise in responding to complex, specialized report requests requiring higher-level data analysis and data management services.
- Strong Interpersonal and written communication skills, ability to work effectively with user departments.
- Results oriented, challenge seeking, ability to rapidly learn and adapt to an ever dynamic scenario to create a win-win scenario for all stakeholders.
BI/Visualization Tools: Tableau 9, Tableau Server 8.1, Cognos 8.4/10.1
Programming: SQL, UNIX Shell
Utilities: MS Office Suite, MS SharePoint, MS Project
Databases: Oracle 10g/11i, Oracle SQL Server 2008 R2, MS Access, MS Excel
Platforms: Windows7/8/2003/NT, MS Server 2008 R2,Mac OS, DOS, UNIX, Linux, Ubunt
- Create views in Tableau Desktop that were published to internal team for review and further data analysis and customization using filters and actions
- Create and designed multiple dashboards as per the customer requirements
- Develop High performance report and dashboard with high volume data
- Responsible for all the design fixes for multiple dashboards created by the team
- Providing continuous feedback to the team on the dashboards design
- Develop story telling dashboards in Tableau Desktop and published them on to Tableau Server which allowed end users to understand the data with the usage of quick filters for demand needed information.
- Performance tuning, Trouble shooting and support of existing system
- Resolve various performance issues and analyzed the best process distribution for different projects
- Design and develop reports such as Drill down, Drill-Through using Microsoft Reporting Services.
- Review dashboard and communicate with stakeholders and business groups.
- Participate in project planning sessions with management and end users to analyze business requirements for real-time and historical reports and dashboards.
Environment: Tableau Desktop (9.0, 9.1, 10.0, 10.2), Tableau Server, Oracle SQL Server R2, MS Office Suite, MS-Excel
Confidential, Franklin lakes, NJ
- Involved in reviewing business requirements and analyzing data sources form Excel/Oracle SQL Server for design, development, testing, and production rollover of reporting and analysis projects within Tableau Desktop.
- Created views in Tableau Desktop that were published to internal team for review and further data analysis and customization using filters and actions.
- Created Heat Map showing current service subscribers by color that were broken into regions allowing business user to understand where we have regular customers vs new customers.
- Converted charts into Crosstabs for further underlying data analysis in MS Excel.
- Created Bullet graphs to determine profit generation by using measures and dimensions data from Oracle SQL Server and MS Excel.
- Blended data from multiple databases into one report by selecting primary key’s from each database for data validation.
- Combined views and reports into interactive dashboards in Tableau Desktop that were presented to Business Users, Program Managers, and End Users.
- Reviewed basic SQL queries and edited inner, left, and right joins in Tableau Desktop by connecting live/dynamic and static datasets.
- Developed story telling dashboards in Tableau Desktop and published them on to Tableau Server which allowed end users to understand the data on the fly with the usage of quick filters for on demand needed information.
- Scheduled data refresh on Tableau Server for weeklyand monthly increments based on business change to ensure that the views and dashboards were displaying the changed data accurately.
- Tested dashboards to ensure data was matching as per the business requirements and if there were any changes in underlying data.
- Participated in meetings, reviews, and user group discussions as well as communicating with stakeholders and business groups.
Environment: Tableau Desktop 9.0, 7 & 8.1, Tableau Server, MS Office Suite, Oracle SQL Server R2, MS Excel
Confidential, San Francisco, CA
- Involved in the complete project lifecycle as the Project Manager (for the consulting company) from Project Initiation through Closure
- Responsible for creating High Level Design (HLD) document and also creating the detailed design document.
- Participated in project planning sessions with management and end users to analyze business requirements for real-time and historical reports and dashboards.
- Built Tableau Visualizations by connecting to various Data Sources; Relational Databases(Oracle, SQL Server) & Flat files
- Built reporting against Single, Multiple Tables, Views, Materialized Views and Complex Custom SQL.
- Designed and deployed interactive reports with Drill Downs, Drop Down menu option, Parameters and Linked Reports using Tableau.
- Created variety of visualizations and dashboards according to business requirement specifications.
- Responsible for configuring permissions and rights to users, groups and projects.
- Experience with Active Directory Integration within Tableau Environment for automated user provisioning.
- Experience in setting up Failover and High Availability Architecture
- Closed out project with actionable recommendations and visualizations that addressed; sales and profitability, effect of promotions and campaigns on sales, organizational restructuring with insights into employment choices (salaries, recruitment & turnover) all based on 5yrs aggregated data.
- Performance tuning, Trouble shooting and support of existing system.
- Environment set up, maintenance, server monitoring and capacity planning.
- Provided 24X7 supports as a Tableau developer and Administrator including technical support, troubleshooting, report design, monitoring system usage.
Environment: Tableau 7 & 8.1, Tableau Server, Oracle 11g, SQL Server 2008, J2EE, SQL Developer, MS Project 2010, MS Office Suite, Windows Server 2008
Technology Consultant/ REPORT DEVELOPER
- Developed Reports in SSRS to send the reports directly to the respective e-mails using subscriptions.
- Created various complex SQL Queries, Stored Procedures, CLR Procedures, Views, Cursors and User Defined Functions to implement the business logic.
- Used Stored Procedures to pull the data from the Production server and scheduled jobs to run the Stored Procedures.
- Maintained and supported Microsoft Team Foundation Server (TFS) to allow for a secure code in a multi-team environment.
- Created Tableau worksheet which involves Schema Import, Implementing the business logic by customization.
- Created Data Connections, published on Tableau Server for usage with Operational/Monitoring Dashboards
- Built complex formulas in Tableau for various business calculations.
- Resolved various performance issues and analyzed the best process distribution for different projects.
- Created and assisted users in Tableau dashboard development
- Administered and provided production support for Enterprise wide Tableau application consisting of multiple key functional business domains.
- Developed business process and technical design documentation for each reporting service developed in this project.
- Designed and developed reports such as Drill down, Drill Through using Microsoft Reporting Services.
- Optimized queries by looking at Execution Plan for better tuning of the database.
- Developed internal and external performance management dashboards enabling business intelligence reporting for application portfolio.
Environment: MS SQL Server 2005, Excel, TSQL, SQL BI Suite (SSIS, SSRS), MS Office, Team Foundation Server.
ETL/SQL Server Developer
- Involved in requirements gathering, analysis, design, development, change management, deployment and user training.
- Involved in Physical / Logical design of database, creating and managing the database and all the database objects.
- Designed and developed forms using Visual Basic with ODBC.
- Designed and developed reports using Crystal Reports.
- Developed E-R diagrams (logical and physical using Erwin) mapping the data into database objects.
- Used SQL SERVER AGENT to automate the process of rebuilding indexes at regular interval for better performance
- Designed and developed various complex reports.
- Generated reports that can handle dynamic grouping and dynamic sorting.
- Involved in dimensional modeling to design data warehouse.
- Identified the measures, dimensions and defined cubes to enable decision makers to drill through the detail data.
- Used the calculated members in the fact tables to improve efficiency.
- Involved in Performance tuning, query optimization and execution plan of queries for better performance.
- Created roles, assigned permissions and users/groups to roles to limit the access for the users.
- Communicated with clients regarding system requirements, ensuring the development and implementation of customized products to customer satisfaction
- Prepared functional specifications for user requirements.
- Experience in writing, testing and implementation of the PL/SQL triggers, stored procedures, functions, packages to implement business logic.
- Developed and modified applications, authored database procedures and triggers for data processing.
- Created entry forms/reports for various modules. Created databases, loaded initialization data, generated users, and assigned roles and access.
- Created Tables, Indexes, Table Spaces, Views synonyms, and integrity constraints.
- Involved in creation of schema objects, roles and privileges, users.
- Prepared User manual, Technical documents for the end user.
- Prepared executables for system deployment and led the release of applications following
- Experience in UNIX Environment in file transfers, job scheduling and error handling
- Maintenance and support for the system. Involved in end user training.
Environment: Oracle 9i, Windows 2000, PL/SQL, TOAD. Informatica Power Center 8.1, SQL Server 2000, Erwin 7.3, XML