- Focused on helping organizations achieve their strategic imperatives through the adoption of Cloud native technology frameworks and DevOps IT development, delivery, and management practices
- Energetic, innovative, sleeves - rolled-up IT manager, strategist, architect, engineer, program delivery catalyst
- Broad portfolio of s in large-scale enterprise and SME computing environments
- Leader of globally-dispersed IT operations, engineering, architecture teams, and application hosting environments, including hybrid and multi-cloud deployments
- Expert at improving IT operational effectiveness, technology solutions development and delivery, cyber risk mitigation, and cost management
- Proven record of meeting / exceeding both performance and budgetary goals in global business settings
- Exceptional communicator and relationship builder; adept at building and maintaining internal organizational and technology vendor partnerships
- Collaborative capabilities produce consistent success in federating emerging technologies and strategies across complex financial services and manufacturing / distribution operations
- Successfully transitioned to Cloud (AWS, Azure, hybrid) and DevOps frameworks beginning in 2010
- Promotes Digital Transformation success by ensuring optimal cross-enterprise (IT + business) collaboration and by leveraging full-team technology expertise, process innovation, and organizational development to build IT management mastery that achieves sustained business value delivery
- Active leader, speaker, and writer / editor in several high-profile technology end-user and vendor-focused communities (DevOpsDays Boston, Open Networking Users’ Group), with emphasis on addressing today’s more complex challenges at the intersection of business and technology, eg:
- Improving IT delivery capabilities via Agile + DevOps practices and org / cultural transformation;
- Leveraging hybrid multi-cloud and software-defined networking technologies to lower costs while improving application performance and business agility;
- Ensuring effective information security in the current climate of ever-increasing cyber risks;
- Achieving excellence in data-driven business insights.
Confidential, Boston, MA
SENIOR IT OPERATIONS CONSULTANT
- Independent consultant focused on delivering aggressively cost-efficient, scalable and secure computing infrastructure (client, server, storage, networking, database), operational management (Agile / DevOps), business systems, application hosting solutions (private, public, multi-cloud), risk management frameworks, program management, and world-class IT strategy across a broad range of enterprise business and institutional environments.
- Strategic focus: collaborate with C-level and IT line management to synchronize technology initiatives with business imperatives.
- Initiatives range from short-term assessments of systems capabilities and remediation recommendations to long-term design and implementation projects with both domestic .
- Leverages comprehensive understanding of multi-cloud and on-premise, full-stack computing infrastructure to specify security solutions for current & next-generation environments
- Solution implementation and integration requires hands-on capabilities in Cloud virtual networking, security best practices, compute, storage, HA, monitoring and log analysis
- Collaborates with client’s global Partners to develop new business opp’s in the US, EMEA, & India
- Requires understanding of international security compliance frameworks
- Non-profit organization dedicated to promoting the principles and practices of DevOps among IT professionals in the greater Boston area.
- Co-Chair of annual DevOpsDays Boston conference, bringing together 650+ technologists and tech industry sponsors for 2 days of learning and networking each fall.
- : Team curated ~60 talks (out of 350+ submissions) on DevOps Tech (Containers, DevSecOps, Serverless, Pipelines, Infra as Code) and Org Culture (Change Management, Cross-Org Collaboration)
- Oversaw 33% year-over-year increase in Sponsorship receipts and attendee registrations
- Successful event execution requires solid SRE domain expertise and highly collaborative orientation
- Co-developed firm’s cross-functional business model and go-to-market strategy, including providing digital marketing and development expertise (social Confidential, web, Microsoft O365 + Dynamics CRM)
- Defined and led the IT Services Practice, providing senior IT management consulting expertise
- Developed and delivered new infrastructure & hybrid cloud application hosting architecture to support multi-year global expansion plan for UK-based holding company following $500M acquisition of privately-held US precision control instruments manufacturing company
- Performed comprehensive enterprise systems assessment; developed detailed infrastructure and application hosting recommendations; designed global architectural framework; built PMO and managed all program aspects from initial planning to CapEx & OpEx budgets to product selections, engineering configurations, resource management, vendor management, and program delivery
- Final deployment addressed client-side, server, storage, WAN connectivity, and ERP application performance requirements across 13 global sites from the US to Europe and the Pacific Rim
- Highly-available technology framework employed solutions from Microsoft (Windows Server, Hyper-V, Storage/SAN, Azure, Office 365), RedHat Linux, VMware, Citrix, Cisco networking, Riverbed WAN acceleration, FatPipe SD-WAN, Aruba wireless, SolarWinds, and Infor Syteline
- Required hands-on. advanced expertise in compute, storage, networking, data security domains
- Provided IT organizational transformation guidance to new CIO during ownership transition
- Facilitated successful carve-out of $250M division from leading US hardware manufacturer for PE firm by establishing fully-independent portfolio company IT capability
- Conducted detailed IT systems and org assessment, architected comprehensive infrastructure re-design, led implementation of secure systems remediation plan for multiple locations in the U.S. and Europe while dovetailing delivery with a simultaneous, cloud-based ERP implementation effort
- Deployed highly available global infrastructure platform via Cisco, FatPipe, Microsoft, and SAP Cloud solutions; retired legacy VAX business systems platform; rebuilt IT department stem-to-stern
Confidential, Boston, MA
Vice-President, Enterprise Systems Architecture
- Established cross-enterprise integration of Confidential ’s multiple systems architecture constituencies
- Partnered with major hardware and software vendors to ensure active engagement with firm’s architects and engineers and to provide timely access to the latest technical and market developments
- Led development and maintenance of Confidential ’s comprehensive “5-year technology roadmap” and partnered with business stakeholders to ensure their buy-in and active support
- Led effort to develop, promote, and secure acceptance for a firm-wide server platform architecture
- Managed India-based technical proof-of-concept team focused on desktop virtualization solutions (VDI)
- Reduced number of “standard” application hosting platforms from 6 to 1, and established new default hosting paradigm as one of virtual instances running on commodity x86/64 hardware - requiring that higher TCO platform app hosting requests (IBM Power and Sun/Oracle) meet stringent performance requirements
- Recruited to help lead senior management-sponsored effort (post-2008 market crash) to significantly reduce Confidential ’s prodigious technology spend (from ~$3B to $2B annually)
- Led recovery of Confidential ’s distributed brokerage and clearinghouse systems operations in aftermath of the 911 tragedy.
- Ensured Confidential ’s 700+ NYC associates were operational by re-opening of stock market
- Led enterprise effort to consolidate ~20 business-unit level, geographically-dispersed technology support teams into a single, coherent service and support organization, including consolidating multiple regional helpdesks into a single national support call center
- Organizer of Confidential ’s first, senior cross-enterprise “cyber response management” team to develop appropriate cyber-protection policies and controls in aftermath of early global malware attacks
- Implemented “desktop lifecycle upgrade and replacement” program, ensuring desktop operating systems were patched & updated in a timely manner and end-of-life desktops replaced on a scheduled basis
Confidential, Wilmington, MA
Manager, IT Engineering and Operations
- Managed Boston division data center and network/server infrastructure operations
- Designed, engineered, and deployed divisional WAN connecting the US, Canada, and Europe