- Technical Business Intelligence (BI) Professional with over 15 years of BI experience to help the business make data - driven decisions and unlock business value using IBM Cognos. Experience in various industries such as Research, Finance and Manufacturing.
- BI Solution Architect involved with design, development, testing, administration, support and training.
- Extensive experience in Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) including requirement, analysis, design, development, testing and training using IBM Cognos tools
- Built a solution using confidential to write back data to data warehouse and source systems on ad-hoc basis.
- Successfully worked on multiple BI projects collaborating with various business units and users, collecting user requirements/problems and providing BI solutions
- Strong Cognos metadata modeling skills using Cognos Framework Manager
- Responsible for implementing different levels of Enterprise wide BI security through Cognos
- Strong understanding of dimensional modelling of Star Schema, Snow Flaked Schema, Fact and Dimensional methodologies
- Major areas of expertise in designing, developing and modifying different reports like List, Crosstab and Chart reports using Report studio
- Complex Report building experience with Report Studio by using filters, customized prompts, conditional formatting, drill-through, Cross tab, bursting, Master/details queries
- Good knowledge of creating data visualization using Tableau
- Led multiple process improvement and problem solving projects using Xerox’s quality tools
Reporting (BI) Tools: IBM Cognos 10.2.2 (Query Studio, Report Studio, Analysis Studio, Event Studio, Framework Manager, Transformer, Cognos Administration)
ETL Tools: Data Manager
Modeling tool: Power Designer
Languages: Programming in C, HTML, Java Script, PERL
Databases: Oracle 9i,12, TOAD, MS SQL Server
Tools: Visio, Adobe Photoshop, Micromedia Dream Weaver, PaintShop, MS- Word, Excel, Power Point, Access, Avnet MetaManager, AutoVisn
Confidential, Charlotte, NC
- Work with Analysts and Subject Matter Experts to identify and understand customer requirements for creation/modification of Enterprise Data environment
- Develop logical and physical data models including star schemas, snowflake schemas, and highly normalized data models
- Create detailed Data Flow Diagrams and Source to Target Mapping documents
- Discussed the Data model, data flow and data mapping with the application development team.
- Helped QA in Unit testing, resolved Post implementation issues. Provided Maintenance & Support of the existing applications.
- Created alerts through confidential when LPN parameters were incorrect/out of limit to avoid rejections from airlines
- LPN data was pulled to DW and modeled along with item attributes to create report that compared actual item weights with the LPN weight.
- Developed an ability to accurately report on resource planning to fulfill the demand
- Exposed MRP Orders, Jobs, Routing and Routing Resources data in confidential.
- Reports were created on past, present and future capabilities.
- Created Cycle Count Entries and Adjustment Reports to monitor inventory accuracy
- Exposed cycle count entries data in confidential and Cognos reports with customized fields were created to show mismatch.
- Pick, Pack and Ship transactional data was pulled in the confidential and transformed to show streamline information for all the LPNs and deliveries for a sales order
DECISION SUPPORT SPECIALIST
- Worked on multiple BI projects such as Accrual system, Quick Book, Presto Web, HIPAA System, Scientific Stature.
- Built a solution using Cognos to write back data to data warehouse and source systems on ad-hoc basis.
- Developed a solution in Event Studio to reduce scheduled report emails volume from 20 to 1.
- Responsible for creating new Framework Manager (FM) models, updating existing models and publishing Cognos packages.
- Implemented and responsible for designing data level security through Cognos.
- Created and updated Cubes using IBM Cognos Transformer.
- Responsible for Cognos Administration, Data source Connections, User Security, Creating and Deploying reports and packages, Managing users, groups and roles.
- Worked on Cognos reports to improve performance from 15 min to a few seconds.
- Helped power users to create data visualization using Tableau.
- Provided production support during month end and on demand cube build cycles
- Provided user support for reporting, Cognos environments, Access issues
- Developed reports using report studio and query studio
- Developed PERL scripts to automate support activities
- Developed scripts and scheduled tasks for Cognos services
- Performed Cognos administration tasks
- Documented and trained the monitoring team to support Cognos jobs
COGNOS REPORT DEVELOPER
- Interacted with the business users about business analysis and reporting needs and documented the requirements.
- Designed solutions based on user requirements.
- Worked with QA team to design the test plan.
- Used Framework Manager to build models, packages and publish packages.
- Provided the mockup reports to help the developers.
- Developed List Reports, Cross-tab Reports, Charts, Summarized Reports and Drill through Reports Using Report Studio.
- Created Cascading prompts, Calculations, Conditions, Filters, Using Report Studio.
- Worked with master-detail reports, drill-through, prompts, complex calculations, formatting, conditional formatting, Crosstab, multi-query reports, charts.
- Created top or bottom performance, Ranks, Filters, Calculations using Analysis studio Reports
- Customized the reports by adding calculations, conditions and functions.
COGNOS REPORT DEVELOPER
- Gathered user requirements
- Used Framework Manager to build models, packages and publish packages to the Report Net Server. Modified existing packages in framework manager.
- Designed the Dimensional Models for transformer
- Developed professional looking multi-query reports with conditional formatting to emphasize exceptional values
- Developed complex reports using various Prompts, Cascading Prompts, Filters, Summaries and Calculations
- Created various reports in analysis studio exploring the cube data
- Created Dashboards to present critical company data in a single report.
- Designed a program to get maximum output from wire cutting and crimping machine
- Designed and developed a program in C for a tool to set the six lens assembly of a photocopier
- Worked with BA, testers & different teams and DBA to get the issues resolved.
- Communicated with the users and application team on the issue resolution and prioritization.
- Worked as a quality specialist to train and educate on the usage of Xerox’s quality tools of process improvement and problem solving