- Around 3+ years of experience in Tableau Desktop and Tableau Server in various versions of Tableau 8/ 9/10 as a Developer.
- Excellent understanding of full Software Development Life Cycle SDLC, Procedures, and user defined functions, cursors, indexes and triggers using Management Studio.
- Experienced in requirement gathering/analysis, design, development, testing, and production rollover of reporting and analysis projects.
- Hands on experience on Tableau Desktop, Tableau Reader and Tableau Server.
- Expertise in designing and development of various dashboards, reports utilizing various Tableau Visualizations like Dual Axis, Bar Graphs, Scatter Plots, Pie - Charts, Heat Maps, Bubble Charts, Tree Maps, Funnel Charts, Box Plots, Waterfall Charts, Geographic Visualization and other making use of actions, other local and global filters according to the business/client requirement.
- Produced attractive visuals/dashboards to convey the story inside the data.
- Proficient in writing T-SQL Queries, Dynamic-queries, sub-queries and complex joins for generating Complex Stored Procedures, Triggers, User-defined Functions, Views and Cursor.
- Posses' strong knowledge of database management in writing complex SQL queries, Stored procedures, database tuning, query optimization, views, cursors and resolving key performance issues.
- Experience in development, implementation and administration of database systems using MS-SQL Server 2012/2014/2016 for both OLTP Data Warehousing star schemas and snowflakes Schema Systems applications.
- Proficient in gathering requirements and authoring Business Requirement Documents (BRD) into System Requirement Specifications (SRS) and identifying interface and business process specifications.
- Extensive knowledge in different reporting objects like Facts, Attributes, Hierarchies, Calculated fields, transformations, filters, Sets, Groups, prompts, Parameters etc. in Tableau.
- Involved in trouble shooting of performance issues which were associated with Tableau reports.
- Experience in efficiently using standard Business Content, extending and enhancing according to the report requirements.
- Good understanding of business environment, excellent communication skill and ability to work proactively in a fast-paced environment. Communicate effectively with colleagues and business users.
Reporting Tools: Tableau, Tableau Reader, Tableau Server, Tableau Public, Power BI, SSRS
ETL Tools: SSIS, SSAS
Databases: Teradata, Oracle, MS-SQL Server
Tools: SDLC , Devops, Requisite Pro, MS Office, GIT, OLAP, Waterfall, Agile, PaaS
Languages: SQL, PL/SQL, T-SQL, HTML5, CSS3, Java
Operating System: Windows 7/8/10, Linux
Confidential, Stryker, NJ
- Gathered Business Requirements, interacted with the Users, Project Manager and SMEs to get a better understanding of the Business Processes.
- Worked with DBAs to design and implement Conceptual data model, Physical Data Model, SSIS mappings and workflows to meet business requirements.
- Responsible for creating ETL mapping documents to define data flow from source system to target database.
- Worked with Source system Subject Matter Expert SME to ensure that the extracts are properly mapped.
- Worked on the backend SSAS cube development which was the source data for the tableau.
- Designing and Developing the ETL Architecture and restructuring the reporting layer.
- Prepared dashboards using calculated fields, parameters, calculations, groups, sets and hierarchies in Tableau.
- Attended daily stand-up meetings to update scrum master with what is achieved, what is being done and is there any impediment.
- Conducted user acceptance testing and mentored business users how to slice and dice data using filters and parameters.
- Involved in Onsite Offshore coordination to ensure the completeness of Deliverables.
- Design, develop, Architect and Implement Azure DevOps Includes Deploying, Managing and Monitoring Azure Cloud Applications.
- DevOps cycles to reduces implementation time life cycles with benefits of increase ROI and performance Azure Portal, VSTS, GIT and DevOps project service continuous integration and continuous delivery CI/CD.
- DevOps Solution Azure PaaS Lead with SQL Database to Create SQL database by using the Azure portal.
- Analysed dimensional and fact tables in a campaign data mart that details Inclusion, exclusion and Segmentation criteria, Offer assignment and campaign response by campaign.
- Creating and modifying Business Intelligence analytical reports using Tableau.
- Used geographic view which clearly gives the performance of a particular state.
- Developed customized calculations when required. Designing the ETL Architecture and merging with the Existing model. Worked on drill through reports by creating HTML references.
- Migrated all the reports, dashboards, scorecards from Tableau 8.0 to Tableau 9.0 after testing the version on Sand Box.
- Created various actions in database like filter actions to send information to other tableau worksheets and to connect the same in analytical flows, URL actions to connect views of data to external resources and Highlight action to provide rich visual interaction between the views on the sheet.
- Designed business intelligence dashboard using Tableau Desktop and publishing the same on Tableau server, allowing executive management to view current and past performance sales trends at various geographic locations.
- Use MS Excel, Word, Access, and Power Point to process data, create reports, analyse metrics, implement verification procedures, and fulfil client requests for information.
- Actively tracking schedule, clear and crisp communications with key resources, stake holders and SMEs to keep everyone involved in the project on the same page, milestone tracking and avoiding scope creep issues.
- Used SQL Queries at the custom SQL level to pull the data in tableau desktop and validated the results in Tableau by running SQL queries in SQL developer.
- Use Agile/DevOps development & collaboration methods to improve integration, automation, testing, delivery and reliability of software releases and infrastructure changes with goal of no negative impacts with continual improvements.