- Executive IT Leader with over 25 years of varied Information technology experience with a record of delivering successful strategic initiatives that have directly contributed to achieving corporate objectives.
- Those efforts include architecting and executing the information technology transitions related to several mergers & acquisitions, planning and overseeing cloud migration strategies including moving to Office 365 and Software as a Service enterprise resource planning and customer relationship management platforms and improvements to overall Information Security.
- Possess a collaborative and engaging management style that generates group momentum and drives execution through strong relationships and use of effective processes.
- An IT Generalist accountable for all aspects of Information Technology including Strategic Planning, Governance & Policy, Budgeting, Project Management, Operations, and Security.
MY EXPERTISE INCLUDES:
IT Policy & Governance, IT Strategic Planning, IT Service Management, Project Management, Vendor/Contract Management, Mergers & Acquisitions, System Migrations, Business Continuity & Disaster Recovery
Chief Information Officer
- Create, maintain and communicate strategic roadmap for addressing information security, sales & marketing, back office, and enterprise - wide business focused IT needs and improvements
- Developed, promoted, scoped and executed cloud migration strategy including assessment and selection of Platform as a Service and Software as a Service offering in order to enable a more scalable and dynamic business-focused IT environment, including migration to Office 365, Netsuite Financials and Salesforce CRM
- Addressed IT aspects of multiple mergers & acquisitions
- Addressed enhancements to Information Security through improved policies, procedures, awareness and the evaluation, selection and implementation of new tools for Data Loss Prevention, Centralized Logging & Monitoring, and 2 Factor Authentication, and the assignment of dedicated resources to manage information security
- Improved IT staffing and internal processes (helpdesk, procurement, new hires) and Chair the IT Steering Committee
- Completed IT-related components of multiple office moves and expansions
Senior Director - Information Technology Strategy & Governance
- Lead the Request For Proposal, product/vendor selection and project definition for replacing the Company’s core systems with a fully integrated commercially available solution
- Established SDLC Management methodologies and established initial Change Control Boards
- Defined Vendor Performance Management policy
- Revised Department's Incident Response Plan and Policy
- Assisted the Chief Administrative Officer and Department Leadership in developing and executing the plan for affecting a cultural change within the IT department including re-organization, technology road-mapping and establishing cohesive job families
Vice President - Information Technology
- Led the establishment of an enterprise-wide Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery Plan that would enable critical business functions to resume with minimal impact in the event of a crisis, facility loss or systems failure
- Negotiated multi-year outsourcing of business-critical IT Infrastructure, systems and services utilizing managed, co-location, and cloud-based Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) and Software/Application as a Service (SaaS) solutions
- Engineered and sourced a dedicated cloud-based, open source virtualized hosting environment (IaaS) as part of an initiative to replace and enhance ULI’s web presence
- Defined and directed the upgrade and external hosting of the corporate Association Management Software
- Created an Executive Review Board consisting of C-Suite and Executive Vice Presidents for the purpose of reviewing, prioritizing and approving the portfolio of business-related IT initiatives to ensure they remained in line with the company’s strategic business plan
Director - Information Resources
- Established the team, policies and workflow processes utilizing ITIL best practices related to Change, Release and Configuration Management for all infrastructure objects (networks, servers, databases) globally
- Project Director for Confidential ’s $23M Recovery & Development Center project that created a Development and Disaster Recovery Data Center for Confidential ’s critical IT Systems by re-locating existing Development and Test infrastructure (Windows, UNIX, Oracle, EMC, etc.), adding new power, cabling, HVAC and humidity controls and coordinating over 100 various IT and Business points of contact
- Helped Confidential achieve PCI (Payment Card Industry) security compliance as the project manager assigned to ensure all Ritz Carlton systems and procedures were adapted to the prescribed standards
- Led team of developers in implementing a custom budgeting program that included reports used to trace franchise invoices to services and compare the results to contractual agreements resulting in the termination of various lawsuits and addressing Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) compliance