- Dynamic technology leader with direct hands on experiences providing leadership in the Data Management field.
- Passionate and have proven experience architecting and managing data as an asset to enable organizations to understand and leverage data to make effective business decisions.
- Served on several projects as the lead. Demonstrated strong leadership ability to get things accomplished by collaborating and influencing others.
- I enjoy increasing my knowledge, skills and abilities managing and leading teams and challenging projects from inception to completion.
- Excellent communication skills written and verbal.
- My objective after being out of the technology industry for some time is to return and use the skills and knowledge, I have amassed from returning to college and working as an educational professional to help mentor and grow less experienced individuals achieve their goals in data management.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE:
- Thought leader
- Process Improvement using Agile and Kanban Technique
- Curious and Confident
- Data Management
- Data Architect and Data Modeling for SQL and Non - SQL Databases
- Data Governance and Stewardship
- Budget Planning
- Influencing and Communication
- Results Oriented
- Accountable with Courage
- Data Warehousing and Business Intelligence
- Data Integration and Virtualization
- Master Data Management
- Metadata Management
Business Intelligence: Cognos 8, MS Analysis Services, Hyperion Essbase, Oracle OBIEE, Tableau, Business Objects
Databases: Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server, DB2, Teradata, SAP Hana, Cassandra, Hadoop/ Greenplum
Tools: SQL, PL, Clear Case, Clear Quest, MS Project
Operating Systems: MS Windows, Unix (Sun Solaris)
Knowledgeable of Microsoft Office Toolset: (Excel, Word, PowerPoint and creating and using Pivot tables)
Data Modeling Tools: Erwin, ER/Architect, Toad, Provision, Troux
Metadata Tools: IBM Infor Server---Business Glossary;
Methodologies: Agile, Kanban, TOGAF, ISDLC, Zachman Framework
Confidential, Bentonville, AR
- Directed and oversee the activities of 14 senior technical database modelers, technical experts, and 24 offshore contract data modelers and ETL designers. Actively involved with the team to ensure the proposed database models and the ETL Design met the business data requirement needs of the business. Techniques use in creating database models were 3NF and Dimensional/Schema designs deployed on Teradata and Big Data platforms. Architected and led the implementation of a major Data Warehousing initiative using next generation databases and state of the art business intelligence tools.
- Directed and facilitated the participation of day-to-to database designers’ activities on several Agile projects. I used risk analysis and strategies to measure data design activities, targeting areas for continuous process improvement and using best practices such as; agile data modeling methodology, Kanban, data governance and self-service design to deliver speed to market.
- Championed, prepared valuation, and assisted with due diligence to implement and deploy SQL Server data virtualization tool set. The data virtualization tool set was used to reduce movement of fewer physical copies of data locally and globally across Teradata, Oracle and SQL Server Databases.
- Designed and generated transactional and Data Warehouse database structures to support master data applications such as Customers, Products, Vendors/Suppliers and Locations, Associates aka Employee using Erwin as the modeling Tool.
- Designed and generated database transactional and Data Warehouse database structures to support Pricing, Money Laundry, Store Operation, Inventory, Purchasing, Account Management, Warehouse Management, Distribution, Benefit Management.
- Delivered Master Data Management, Data Governance and Stewardship, Data Migration, Metadata and Data Quality programs consisting of data governance framework processes, procedures and stewardship review boards. Led data governance discussion and discovery sessions to drive outcomes and decisions around database platform usage.
- Created, maintained and kept up-to-date confidential repository of over 250 different data/table designs. The repository allowed easily leverage and usage across organizational and technological boundaries. In addition, it improve efficiency, promote transparency and enable insight into business areas promoting sharing and understanding of data and speed of delivery of application development.
- Performed risk analysis and created mitigation strategies using qualitative and quantitative insight into day-to-day operation to inform and innovation speed of service delivery, reducing the time it took to create and modify transactional and data warehouse table designs by 1/3 within a 1-year period.
- Reviewed and oversaw the synergy of all table designs implemented and deployed on all database platforms to enable OLTP, Business Intelligence, Data Warehousing and Reporting applications using traditional SQL and NON-SQL databases such as Teradata, Greenplum, Cassandra, Oracle, SQL Server, and DB2.
Confidential, Bentonville, AR
- Architected and presented to management the framework, governance and processes to manage Confidential Enterprise Data Models. I incorporated components Zachman and TOGAF Frameworks to develop a specialized functional solution.
- Increased the Data Management ITIL activity maturity level from 2.5 to 3.2 by working collaborative with other ITIL specialists to in corporate data, processes, procedures and policies into required documentation.
- Drove the selection and adoption of a set of industry Retailed Logical Data Models used to argument existing in-house developed data models with missing sections to demonstrate awareness and train business users.
- Worked collaboratively with the Architecture Review Board to in corporate Data Governance components into the overall Enterprise Data Architecture Strategy Document
- In collaboration with other architects revised and enhanced existing functional specifications and strategies to selection new hardware/software using big data technology
- Worked with the Business Architects to map high-level business information/data entities to Business Capabilities
- Provided input into the development of the enterprise information/data architecture vision, strategy, principles and standards; socialized and obtained buy in from stakeholders and management.
- Developed statement of directions and road maps to evolve the purchased retailed data models into Confidential Enterprise Logical Data (WELD) Models. Coined the phrase WELD.
- Consulted on several major enterprise and ISDLC engagements to ensure alignment with the Information/Data Architecture vision and goals
- Led a core team to formulate and recommend a strategy to use Customer and Item master data within the ecommerce business.
Confidential, Norcross, GA
- Built from ground zero the Unisource centralized Data Management organization. The Data Management Organization consisted of three teams: (database administration, data warehousing, and business intelligence(reporting).
- Provided 24x7 database productions and development support using service level agreements (SLA).
- Created and maintained a library of logical and physical data models using confidential
- Ensured a 99.9% uptime of databases through proactive monitoring and optimization techniques.
- Improved performance of applications through proactive monitoring and re-architecting database designed.
- Managed the upgrade major Oracle and SQL Servers to the newest release product.
- Spearheaded a server consolidation project which generated $150k in cost avoidance.
- Saved $75k in software maintenance cost by identifying and eliminating unused software.
- Architected and implemented an ETL solution to extract data from an Oracle Data Warehouse into data marts built and hosted on SQL/Windows platform.
- Championed the development and implementation of IT policies, procedures and best practices to aid in compliance with corporate data security standards and procedures.
- Collaborated and drove project charter, data requirement gathering, and project plan creation. Enforced project deliverables and milestones within specified time frames.
- Prepared and provided input into the annual capital and expense budgeting process.
Confidential, Atlanta, GA
Project Leader- Database Administration.
Under the support and guidance of the Director of Information Technology; managed, maintained and ensured availability of SQL database servers hosting Pulp and Paper business applications. Evaluated and implemented data warehouse technology and best practices according to business requirements. Directed and provided leadership to a team of database administrators, data warehouse professionals.
Confidential, Atlanta, GA
Reviewed and approved SQL Server application database designs prior to implementation for adherence to standards and industry best practices. Served as the database design and implementation subject expert on several data warehouse projects. Also participated in the requirements gathering and initial prototype execution to standardize the acquisition and delivery of patient and provider information using electronic data exchange technology (HL7 & XML)
Confidential, Atlanta, GAProject Manager- Database Administration
Under the support and guidance of the Director of Technology Services; managed, maintained and ensured availability of SQL Server database servers hosting Confidential ’s business applications. Evaluated and implemented data warehouse technology and best practices according to business requirements. Provided leadership to a team of database administrators and data warehouse professionals to develop and implement new capabilities for various state-run Medicaid and Medicare programs.
Confidential, Atlanta, GA
Project Manager - Database Administration
Evaluated and implemented data warehouse technology and best practices according to business requirements. Managed a team of database administrators and data warehouse professionals.
Confidential, New York, NY
Assistant Vice President-Data Administration
Under the support and direction of the Senior VP of Database Administration managed the day to day operational and administrative activities of the enterprise data administration environment. Prior to being promoted to management role, created several data models Directed and provided leadership to a team of data architects to build integrated logical and physical models to support the development of banking applications according to business requirements.