- Corporate Accounting (GAAP / IFRS), Statutory Accounting and Audit Coordination & Management with Big 4
- Operations & Personnel Management, including Strategic Support & Analysis
- Budgeting, Month End Closing, Forecasting, Revenue Recognition, Financial Reporting (ad hoc) and Analyses
- SOX Initiation / Implementation / Compliance; Process Improvements across functional boundaries with Lean Six Sigma Certifications
- Accounting Policies and Procedures catalyzations and implementation - Merger & Acquisition
- Advanced MS Office, including Excel & Access; FRX, ADP PC Payroll, Hyperion Essbase and Business Objects
- ERP /SAP system such as PeopleSoft, MS Dynamics Solomon, Lawson and Platinum as well as QuickBooks Pro
Confidential, Chapel Hill, NC
- Responsible for developing, monitoring, and budgetary measures; performing financial analyses to support strategic planning; developing/implementing business policies, procedures to meet the program’s financial goals/objectives; collaborating with Fiscal Services, Decision Support, Revenue Cycle Management
- Managed Care and Patient Accounting to ensure proper reporting of costs and charges, interpretation and compliance with transplant insurance contracts and analyses of fiscal performance.
- Obtained Lean Six Sigma Yellow & Blue Belt certification in addition to Cost Report training;
- Trained staff of six on new system (EPIC) and created desktop procedures for said new system pertinent to our tasks;
- Performed process improvement on financial coordination work flow and reduced insurance verification days from more than 60 to average of less than 10 days. Also, completed cost report 1.5 months prior to deadline which was department milestone.
Confidential, Durham, NC
- Oversaw approximate $5 million budget and managed all aspects of accounting and finance, treasury, payroll activities; strategic business planning; budgeting including capital expenditures; forecasting; risk management; financial analyses & reporting (ad hoc); merger & acquisition activity (seller side); business line profitability analyses; month end closing & accounts reconciliations; audit & tax return coordination; trend analyses; cash flows projection model creation; operations / sales support; process improvement, initiatives development & implementation; maintained and upgraded ERP accounting system; GAAP accounting policies / procedures development & implementation; accounting / financial system maintenance; accounts payables / accounts receivables / travel & entertainment and accrual (including PTO accrual) expenses management; human resources, payroll & fixed assets management & accounting; preparing & conducting physical inventories; revenue recognition; banking / vendors/ contract management and 401K audit and accounting.
- Increased revenue by more than $220K (approximately 10% of total revenue of a major customer) - via application of my strong accounting, analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Developed strategic budgeting model to differentiate business line profitability & thereby increasing line profitability by 200%;
- Spear-headed process improvements for month end close, accounts reconciliations by 50% (from 10 days to 5);
- Created cash flows projection model to optimize company’s cash flows and maximize interest revenue by more than 50% (PWL);
- Structured and facilitated in successful sales of company (seller side of merger and acquisition);
- Led ERP accounting system and ADP PC Payroll upgrade in addition to presenting IT related options;
- Initiated and implemented accounting policies and procedures.
Confidential, Chapel Hill, NC
Manager, General Accounting
- Managed all aspects of corporate accounting/finance activities such budgeting, financial analyses and profitability analyses & reporting; month end closing & accounts reconciliations; SOX compliance; process improvement, development & implementation; IT projects involvement (accounting system upgrade); accounts receivables management; revenue recognition; fixed assets accounting and management; human resources (HR) personnel hiring & training; accrual expenses management; unclaimed properties and property taxes reporting & management; external & internal audit coordination and management in addition to tax support and cash management. Led a team of 13.
- Established an accounting department from ground up to ensure timely & accurate financial reporting integrity;
- Initiated, developed and implemented Sarbanes-Oxley controls specifically related to accounting policies & procedures;
- Improved month end closing and accounts reconciliations by 50% (from 10 days to 5);
- Involved in and coordinated ERP accounting system upgrade;
- Implemented cross-training to empower employees, saved personnel cost and to ensure continuity
Confidential, RTP, NC
- Responsible for all aspects of divisional finance and accounting, including, but not limited to strategic business planning, budgeting, forecasting, designing ad hoc financial reports, performing variance, profitability & financial analyses; month end close & accounts reconciliations; assistance in accounting system conversions; maintenance of internal control; GAAP accounting policies and procedures development & implementation; process improvements development & implementation; personnel training; accounts payables/ accounts receivables, accrual expenses and vendor management; human resources (HR), personnel hiring & training; cash management and audit coordination & tax support. Managed a team of 8.
- Shortened month end close and accounts reconciliations process by 67% by initiating & implemented process improvements (from 15 days to 5)
- Mentored and empowered staff by cross-training, thereby shortening cash posting days by 60% & increasing cash flows.
Confidential, RTP, NC
- Responsible for all financial and accounting activities including budgeting, forecasting, financial analyses & ad hoc management reporting; month end closing & accounts reconciliations; revenue recognition; audit; cash management; treasury; maintenance of internal control; accounts payables / accounts receivables / accrual expenses / payroll / human resources management; GAAP accounting policies and procedure development & implementation; audit coordination & tax support; unclaimed properties reporting & management; contracts negotiation and vendor management; human resources, payroll accounting & auditing; quarterly federal, state and employment tax reporting and accounting system upgrade & maintenance. Managed a team of 2.
- Involved in and validated ERP accounting system upgrade;
- Detected embezzlement via application of my strong audit and analytical skills & recovered approximately $100K;
- Created and instituted GAAP accounting policies and procedures;
- Optimized month end closing and accounts reconciliations process by 50% (from around 14 days to 7).