- Around 7 (Seven) years of IT & Analytics experience. A Skill Set Ranging from Data Analysis & Visualization, Exploratory data Analysis, Business Intelligence/Data Warehousing Industry solutions with expertise in Tableau Desktop, Tableau Server, SQL, SSIS (SQL Server Integration Service), SSRS (SQL Server Reporting Server).
- Worked on Exploratory Data Analysis by Performing Segmentation, data Cleansing, profiling and Clustering.
- Analyzed various data sets Embedded in different data Sources to create descriptive models based on the data provided and Applied Analytics using multiple linear regression and classification to interpret data sets
- Experience in creating highly interactive and intuitive Data Visualization reports and dashboards by Analyzing and Integrating data from different data sources like MS Excel, SQL, Oracle and Teradata.
- Designed and deployed reports with Drill Down, Drill Through and Drop - down menu option- Parameterized, and Linked reports using Tableau.
- Strong Data modeling experience using ER diagram, Dimensional data modeling, Star Schema, Snow Flak Schema. Working knowledge of Functions, Packages, Triggers, and scripting languages.
- Experience in Tableau Server as Admin by creating the groups/Users, Projects folder structure, Granting privileges, Scheduling, Subscription.
- Expertise in maintaining, installing, configuring and administrating the Tableau server in all environments.
- Worked on Performance tuning of Tableau reports and Created Server Monitoring dashboard using POSTGRE SQL
- Experience in various domains like Finance, Energy (Renewable, Power), Healthcare and Insurance
- Expertise in using LOD (Level of Details), Data blending, Extracts, Filters, Actions, Parameters, Context Filters, Sets, Groups, Aggregate measures, Cross database joins, Tableau data model creation, customize dimensions, advanced calculations.
- Experience in creating solution driven dashboards by developing different chart types including Crosstab’s, Heat/Geographical/Tree Maps, Pie/Bar Charts, Circle Views, Line/Area Charts, Scatter Plots, Bullet Graphs, Funnel Charts, Box plots, Donut Charts, Waterfall charts, Bump Charts, Stacked Bar Charts and Histograms in Tableau Desktop according to the client requirements.
- Used ETL (SSIS) to develop jobs for extracting, cleaning, transforming and loading data into data warehouse.
- Experience in Tableau Desktop, Tableau Server and Tableau Public in various versions of Tableau 10X/9X/8X/7X.
- Implemented Row Level Security by following the best practice. Engaged in activities of Optimizing the Tableau Dashboard for best user experience.
- Experience Data Warehousing/ Business Intelligence DWBI Fundamental architecture concepts, dimensional modeling, Entity-Relationship concept, Facts and dimensions tables and developing database Schemas like Star schema and Snowflake schema used in relational, dimensional and multidimensional data modeling.
- Knowledge in Tableau Administration Tool for Configuration, adding users, managing licenses and Data connections, scheduling tasks, embedding views by integrating with other platforms like SharePoint.
- Analysed feasibility of Transmission model and visualized trends in expected revenue and cost using IRR, MOIC, and DCF in Excel.
- Investigated trends in oil trade of Iran and performed scenario risk analysis in excel to create oil balance model.
- Using Stata built an empirical model based on linear regression analysis to measure gas price volatility risk across countries and determine each country’s energy consumption vulnerability to gas prices, GDP, population and other macro-economic factors.
- Evaluated energy company’s financial performance to include cash flow analysis and net present value, performed valuation of financial assets to include the time value of money as well as stock and bond characteristics and cost of capital analysis
- Performed comparative country analysis of two giant economies: US and China
- Analyzed UK’s economy post global financial crisis 2008
- Hands On in different Databases like Teradata, SQL server, PostgreSQL, Oracle and MS Excel.
- Actively participated and conducted in JAD sessions with Business users, Technical leads and with development personnel in all aspects of the SDLC.
- Communicated with Business Analysts and Systems Analysts to translate a business requirement into an effective and insightful interactive analytical dashboard.
Competencies: Financial Modelling, Data Mapping, Strategic Risk reporting, Data analysis, Report writing, Data visualization
IT Skills: MS Office Power Point, Word, Excel Advance, VBA, Stata, SQL, SPSS, ARCGIS, Tableau, Business Intelligent tools using SAP, Power BI Languages: Hindi, English, German (Basic)
Confidential, Jersey City, NJ
- Worked in the Enterprise Services and Systems (ESS) team for business systems analysis in the Actuarial Transformation function.
- Analysed various client’s rates of disability, morbidity, mortality, retirement, survivorship and other contingencies to evaluate risk in the insurance and finance industry.
- Reconciled data from multiple formats to analyse the quantified associated risks and outcomes and calculate the right price for the right risk.
- Involved in gathering requirements from the Business Users and produce technical, functional specifications for the reporting system. Study and understand the Business Scenarios of the existing systems, understanding the data and validating the data by applying the current business rules
- Analyzed data sources form Excel/Oracle SQL Server for Design, Development, Testing, and Production rollover of reporting and analysis projects within Tableau Desktop.
- Responsible for security configuration including Group setup, Permissions, Security roles and configuration of trusted ticket authentication.
- Worked on administration tasks like adding workbook Permissions, Ownerships and User filters.
- Effectively used data blending feature in Tableau to connect different databases like Oracle, MS SQL Server, SQL and Excel.
- Responsible for Efficient Data Model Design by creating views and accessing them in the report by blending across different data source.
- Built functionalities by writing condition to in corporate with various metrics and hands on experience in Level-of-Detail(LOD) expressions such as daily profit Key Performance Indicators (KPI), Percent of total, Yearly trending analysis and Root cause behavior.
- Created Relationships, Actions, Data Blending, Filters, Parameters, Hierarchies, Calculated fields, Sorting, Grouping, Live connections and in-memory in both Tableau and Excel.
- Developed Tableau data visualization using Pareto's, Combo charts, Heat maps, Box and Whisker Plot, Scatter Plots, Geographic Map, Cross tabs, Histogram, Pie charts etc.
- Used Tabadmin and Tabcmd commands in creating and restoring backups of Tableau repository.
- Developed story telling dashboards in Tableau Desktop and published them on to Tableau Server which allowed end users to understand the data on the fly with the usage of quick filters for on demand needed information.
- Created a Row Level Security and shared the reports with Functional/Business users. Worked on groups, sets, different Advanced Analytical calculation functions including Table calculations and Window Calculation.
- Used Tableau Desktop to create various analysis worksheets, including customer analysis and equipment analysis.
- Provided support for Tableau developed objects and sound understanding the tool administration.
- Use SSIS to extract, transform and load data directly from different source systems that includes flat files, Excel, Oracle and SQL Server.
- Extracted data from different data sources like SQL Server, MySQL and Tableau Server and created queries based on the requirement to provide data visually.
- Written Custom SQL to support Business requirements.
- Fine Tuning SQL to improve performance of report and extraction times of data extract.
- Experience in creation and updates of several SQL Index, Views, Complex Stored Procedures, triggers and appropriate User defined functions.
- Executed and tested required queries and reports before publishing .
- Documented complete server architecture and solutions to Troubleshoot performance, Scheduling, and server related issues
- Actively interacted with the stakeholders to guide them and acquaint them with the various visualization Charts that was used in the dashboard.
Environment: MS SQL Server, MS Access 2016, Oracle11g, MY SQL, Teradata, HTML, SQL Server Management Studio, Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio).
Confidential, White Plains, New York
- Worked on Financial Forecast model and Budget model for various energy assets like Niagara power project St Lawrence power project & categorized their revenue streams into capacity, ancillary and energy, prepared its visual report/dashboard using Tableau. Various insights into the asset’s five-year data was derived to assist in financial planning.
- Using Data from Business Intelligence Reporting within SAP and New York ISO market data on Excel (using pivot tables, vlookups etc) performed Savings Analysis for Confidential Hydro Customers for the year 2018 and created dashboard
- Analyzed Energy Charge Adjustment details and Cost of service for NYPA, prepared dashboards on Tableau for its major drivers and presented report to the upper management.
- Interacted with the customers and business analyst to assess the requirements and needs, performed impact analysis and documented.
- Designed Interactive Dashboards with Quick filters, Parameters and Actions to handle views more efficiently.
- Involved in reviewing business requirements and analyzing data from different sources such as Excel, CSV, Oracle SQL and SQL Server.
- Created Heat Map showing current service subscribers by color that were broken into regions allowing business user to understand where we have most users vs. least users.
- Used Tableau to create worksheets, Dashboards and stories for Analysis purpose, using features such as Action Filters, LOD (Level Of Detail) and Quick Table Calculations, Parameters, Sets, Geo Coding etc. to manipulate data and create advanced type of charts.
- Created Groups and Custom Hierarchies to meet the Business requirement in Tableau.
- Mastered the ability to design and deploy rich Graphic visualizations with Drill-Down and Drop-down menu option and Parameterized using Tableau.
- Created side-by-side bars, Scatter Plots, Stacked Bars, Heat Maps, Filled Maps and Symbol Maps according to deliverable specifications.
- Developed donut charts for analyzing sales planning data.
- Worked in Tableau environment to create dashboards like weekly, monthly, daily reports using Tableau desktop & published them to server.
- Representing data using the visualizations and automated the entire Process by reducing manual efforts for running Reports using tab commands.
- Used Tableau to create Worksheets, Dashboards and Stories for Analysis purpose, using features such as Action Filters, LOD Calculations and Quick Table Calculations, Parameters, Sets, Geo coding etc. to manipulate data and create advanced type of charts.
- Developed Scorecards/Reports for the system using Tableau (Ad-hoc reports).
- Used landing page with navigations to provide quick access to target dashboards.
- Use Measure name and Measure Value fields to create visualizations with multiple measures and dimensions and also used statistical techniques to describe the data.
- Used SSIS transformations such as Lookup, Derived column, Data conversion, Aggregate, Conditional split, SQL task, Script task and Send Mail task etc.
- Extensive knowledge in Dimensional data modeling, Star Schema, Snow-Flake Schema, Normalization, Physical and Logical modeling.
- Analyzed and gained understanding of the underlying data and generated Tableau dashboards with forecast and lines.
Environment: SQL Server, SSIS, SSMS, Data Visualization Tableau Desktop and Server, Oracle, MS Excel, MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
Confidential, New Town, PA
- Worked on solving strategic and comprehensive healthcare business challenges through their key software products. EMIS (Electronic Medical Information Systems) is software that deals with the day-to-day operations of a medical practice. It helps the customers and medical staff to manage complete data pertaining to the medical history of a patient and prescription details. Using data blending from the EMIS and Insurance database various dashboards were created which allowed users to capture patient demographics, diseases record, lab reports, medication, pharmacy, blood bank, scheduled appointments, perform billing tasks, over a secured connection with data security.
- Gathered business requirements, interacted with business analysts and project manager to get a better understanding of business processes.
- Developed various dashboards, used context filters, sets while dealing with huge volume of data. Worked on creating Pivots, sets, groups, and parameters
- Worked on scheduling reports, managing data sources and refresh extracts. Developed SQL scripts to create database objects like Tables, Views and Sequences
- Created side by side bars, Scatter Plots, Stacked Bars, Pareto Charts, Bollinger Bands, Radial Charts, Heat Maps, Filled Maps and Symbol Maps according to deliverable specifications.
- Created Complex workbooks and Dashboards by connecting to multiple data source (Teradata) using data blending.
- Designed and developed various analytical reports from multiple data sources by blending data on a single worksheet in Tableau Desktop
- Created strong dashboard designs utilizing familiarity with best practices around visualization and design.
- Produced views and dashboards based on requirements and published them to Tableau Server for Business and End User teams to be reviewed
- Created and refined mock-up Tableau Dashboards to explore options for visualization of data, presentation, and analysis.
- Combined data from multiple databases into one report by selecting primary keys from each database for data validation.
Environment: Tableau Desktop 7/8.1/ 8.3, Tableau server / Administrator, Tableau Online
Tableau Developer / SQL Server Developer
- Managed Renewable Energy (REC) portfolio as the representative for North India - administered 40 REC trading sessions, achieved 25% average year-over-year growth, and attained highest ever yearly traded volumes
- Prepared various dashboards to show various REC customers placed across the country, represented trade data requirements on side-by-side bars, Scatter Plots, Stacked Bars, Heat Maps, Filled Maps and Symbol Maps according to deliverable specifications.
- Designed Interactive Dashboards with Quick filters, Parameters, Hierarchies and Actions to handle views more efficiently.
- Produced views and dashboards based on customers requirements and published them to Tableau Server for Business and End User teams to be reviewed
- Interacted with market participants on a daily basis, analyzed trade data on Excel and drafted monthly reports
- Communicated as a point person regularly interfacing with the Government to evaluate policies targeting market development
- Provided consultation to various clients regarding current regulatory orders, industry news and trends, while constantly identifying potential risks and opportunities for improvement of their portfolio
- Prepared a full business plan/data modelling for product development, marketing and sales of a new product. It involved
- Analysing market in India, and accordingly, projecting customer base, pricing, strategy, NPV Analysis and revenue streams.
SQL Server Developer
- Gathered health data requirements, defined and designed data sourcing from various clients, working in conjunction with the Data warehouse architect on the development of logical data models for power trading.
- Normalized the health databases and created different objects like Tables, Views, Stored procedures, Constraints, User-Defined Functions, Index rules and Defaults on MS SQL Server.
- Involved in installing SQL Server 2012 and carried out the backup recovery process on a regular scale and regular upgradation process RDBMS.
- Created complex SQL queries using Table Joins (Inner and Outer), Temporary tables, Table variables, SQL in-built functions, Variables and Parameters.
- Used different SQL clauses like Group by, Where, Having, Order by etc., appropriately in building new queries according to the requirement.
- Created and Updated stored procedures, Triggers, Functions, Views and Indexes with extensive use of T-SQL in SQL Server.
- Created Clustered and Non-Clustered Indexes to improve the performance of database access.
- Conducted set analysis to compare current data with the previous data.
- Built and performed user acceptance testing on modified reports.
- Experience in developing ETL packages with different data sources as Flat files, Excel, Text files and XML files and migrating the data into destination using SSIS (SQL Server Integration Services).
- Created and maintained Stored Procedures for SSIS package and report services to access data in the SQL Server database
- Configured and created SSIS solutions for ETL and Business Intelligence process for data integration and migration services and managed Event Handlers, Package configurations, Logging, System and User-defined variables for SSIS Packages.
- Modified SSIS packages to change the source and made transformations on data to meet the business requirements.
Environment: MS SQL Server, My SQL, MS Access, MS Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel), SSRS, SSIS, Windows