- Reports Developer with an experience of around 7years in the IT industry.
- Experience with SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) for authoring, managing, and delivering both paper - based and interactive web-based reports.
- Proficient in using SSRS to create, execute, and deliver tabular, matrix and charts reports.
- Experience of building calculation, measures, and hierarchies to create detail level summary reports and dashboard using Power BI.
- Successfully configured Power BI gateway to keep dashboards and reports up-to-date with on premise data sources.
Database: SQL Server 2016, 2014, 2012, 2008/R2
Data Modeling: ER-win, MS Visio
Database Programming: T-SQL, Dynamic SQL, MDX, DAX
Development Tools: BIDS, SSDT, SSMS
Analysis Services: SSAS, OLAP Cubes, Tabular Model
Reporting Tools: SSRS, Tableau Desktop, Power BI, Excel Power BI
Source Control & Collaboration Tool: Team Foundation Server (TFS), SharePoint
Cloud Technologies: MS Azure (IaaS, PaaS, SaaS), Azure Storage (BLOB, Tables, Queues, and File Share), Azure SQL, Azure Data Warehouses
SDLC: Agile, Scrum, Waterfall, and Spiral
Confidential, Richmond, VA
Power BI Developer
Environment: SQL Server 2016, SSAS, SSRS, SSMS, SSDT, T-SQL, Erwin, Power BI, DAX, TFS
- Contributed in JRD sessions to gather requirements and outline functional requirements.
- Translated business requirements into logical and physical data models.
- Created database objects such as tables, views, stored procedures, and triggers.
- Identified and wrote code to prepare for the migration of latest SQL Server versions.
- Optimized the performance of queries with modifications to the existing index system and the reconstruction of indexes.
- Managed cubes and objects such as calculated members, KPIs, perspectives, and hierarchies.
- Wrote DAX expressions to create new measures, calculations per business requirements.
- Secured the Power BI reports using Row Level Security (RLS) and DAX filters.
- Utilized different time intelligence and other DAX functions in Power BI for historical analysis.
- Created multitude of reports using Power BI Desktop with a variety of visuals such as charts, tables, slicers, and gauges.
- Implemented common data shaping tasks such as changing data type, grouping rows, and filtering data utilizing Power BI.
- Published reports to Power BI services and shared with users using Power BI apps and content packs.
- Implemented row level security and groups to restrict data access in Power BI reports.
- Utilized Power BI gateways to configure data refresh of Power BI data models.
- Created report snapshots and caches to improve performance, deployment, and scheduling of reports.
- Developed multiple reports in SSRS with features such as document maps, actions, and conditional formatting.
- Prioritized and managed work items, tasks as per stack ranks on Team Foundation Server (TFS).
Confidential, Richmond, VA
Power BI Reports Developer
Environment: SQL Server 2012, Erwin, SSDT, SSAS, SSRS, T-SQL, MS Excel, Power BI, DAX, TFS
- Organized JRD meetings to gather business requirements from business users and SMEs.
- Identified and analyzed various data sources foe the reporting application.
- Designed the database tables and created table and column level constraints using the suggested naming conventions for constraint keys.
- Improved performance with index analyses on tables and clustered and non-clustered indexes.
- Created SSAS cubes to facilitate the reporting application.
- Created calculated columns and measures using DAX for several calculations to support in the visualizations in Power BI.
- Wrote DAX filters to be used in roles for implementing row level security with in Power BI reports.
- Utilized different DAX functions and measures while implementing transformations in Power query.
- Utilized SSRS and Power BI to amplify data visualizations with interactive sharing, collaboration, and data management.
- Developed various dashboards using Power BI in order to help in analysis of business data.
- Deployed and managed Power BI reports to Power BI self-services.
- Implemented actions, measures, calculations, bookmarks, and hierarchies in Power BI data models.
- Used several formatting features in Power BI for different types of visualizations.
- Generated and scheduled on-demand reports for business analyses and management decisions with SSRS.
- Enabled snapshots, subscriptions, and report caches to improve response times and reduce traffic to the report server.
- Communicated with the team and maintained project related document versions on TFS.
Confidential, Phoenix, AZ
Environment: SQL Server 2012, T-SQL, SSAS, SSRS, SSDT, Erwin, Windows Server, Power View, Power Pivot
- Collaborated with the business analysts via JRD sessions for gathering business requirements.
- Analyzed source databases and created data mapping documents for the data migration process.
- Created SQL scripts to analyze historical data and extracted required data for supporting management decisions.
- Wrote complex stored procedures, user-defined functions, and triggers as per business requirements.
- Defined data sources and data source views for OLAP cubes utilizing SSAS.
- Delivered reports with subscription functions in SSRS.
- Automated report deliveries to multiple recipients with subscriptions in SSRS.
- Deployed SSRS reports to the reporting server and assisted in troubleshooting deployment problems.
- Implemented snapshots option for SSRS reports and configured subscription to automate delivery of SSRS reports.
- Created simplified data model with Power Pivot and customized it for reporting requirement.
- Utilized Power Pivot for developing data analysis prototype and used Power View and Power Map to visualize reports.
Confidential, Los Angeles, CA
SQL Reports Developer
Environment: SQL Server 2008 R2, T-SQL, SSAS, SSRS, BIDS, MS Visual Studio, Erwin, MS Excel, TFS
- Analyzed and documented business requirements into technical and functional specifications.
- Maintained referential, domain, and column integrity utilizing available options.
- Designed and optimized complex stored procedures to perform data profiling and auditing in the pre-staging database.
- Created functions to provide custom functionalities according to the requirements.
- Prevented potential blocks and deadlocks with complex code.
- Developed code with respect to security vulnerabilities such as SQL injections.
- Assisted in creating fact tables with multiple granularity levels and maintained fact table relations with alternate keys.
- Managed report delivery schedules by configuring standard/data driven subscriptions within theReport Manager.
- Implemented role-based security for reports with Report Manager.
- Delivered SSRS report to multiple users as per their demand for rendering format such as PDF, Excel, and so on.
Confidential, Los Angeles, CA
Environment: SQL Server 2008, T-SQL, SSMS, BIDS, SSAS, SSRS, Windows Server, TFS
- Communicated with business users for business requirements enhancement through JAD sessions.
- Participated in normalization and de-normalization of existing tables, thereby improving query processing.
- Created indexes on tables and views for improved performance.
- Optimized performance with clustered/non-clustered indexes on tables.
- Defined specific read/process permissions for the users in SSAS instance.
- Created reports in SSRS with different type of properties like chart controls, filters, and actions.
- Formatted reports with parameters and embedded functions with expressions.
- Scheduled report deliveries to multiple users utilizing subscriptions (standard/data driven).