Seeking for an IT position which utilizes my strong interpersonal skills and ability to overcome the challenges in the field of business requirements gathering and analyzing data through visualizations.
- Hard - working, detail oriented graduate student in Computer Information Systems with ability to articulate complex subject matter.
- Extensive knowledge, expertise and involvement in various phases of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) in Waterfall, Scrum, Agile (Extreme Programming, Test Driven Development)
- Excellent writing and documentation skills in creating, modifying and analyzing Business Requirement Document (BRD), System Requirements Specification (SRS), Use Case Specifications, User Stories.
- Proficient in understanding and translating business needs into data models supporting long-term solutions
- Good experience in Data Modeling in relational, non-relational databases and generating conceptual, logical and physical data models along with corresponding metadata.
- Solid experience in developing Data Mapping documents from source to target and the data quality assessments for the source data.
- Expertise in Power BI Desktop, Power BI Service and Power BI Mobile.
- Good experience in extracting data from multiple sources to Power BI for Data Preparation using Query Editor.
- Expertise in Data Visualization and hands-on experience with Bar/Column Charts, Multi-Row/Single-Row Cards, Line/Donut/Scatter/Waterfall/Ribbon/Pie Charts, KPI’s, Slicers, Gauges andTables in Power BI.
- Participated in various Scrum Ceremonies including Daily Scrum, Sprint Planning, Sprint Review, Sprint Retrospective and Backlog Refinement meeting as part of the management framework.
- Well versed in writing SQL queries in order to do data manipulation for analysis and reporting
- Strong knowledge of Health Insurance Portability & Accountability Act (HIPAA) standards, Electronic Data Interchange (EDI), Implementation and knowledge of HIPAA code sets.
- Good knowledge on managing servers on the Amazon Web Services (AWS) platform instances.
- Strong passion for data analytics to drive business decisions
- Very proactive in fixing performance issues from database & application.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, willing to help, listen and learn.
- Always challenging and ready to tackle any new issues or road blocks in my team apart from the projects that I work
Operating Systems: Windows, UNIX
Source control tools: GIT, TFS
Cloud Services: Amazon Web Services (AWS)
Databases: SQL Server, MySQL, Sybase, PostgreSQL, MongoDB
DWH/BI Tools: Power BI, Tableau, SSIS, SSRS, SSAS, Talend Open Studio
Languages: SQL, C, C++, XML, HTML, Python, JSON Scripting
Data Modeling Tools: ERWIN, Power Designer 16.1, Hackolade(NoSQL)
Tools: and Utilities: SQL Server Management Studio, SQL Server Enterprise Manager, Microsoft Office, Excel Power Pivot, JIRA, Confluence, MS Visio
Confidential, Plano, VA
- On-boarded as BI Analyst as a initiative to work with existing application development team and leadership team to gather and analyze the data internally.
- Enforced Agile principles as the scrum master that resulted in a reduction of throughput across teams increasing delivery in a more efficient and shorter time.
- Create team specific Agile process flow in JIRA to move tasks from one activity to another.
- Involved in creating UserStories, TestPlans and maintaining the Product Backlog
- Develop Business Flow diagrams, Entity Relationship diagrams and Sequence diagrams using MS Visio environment, so development team and other stakeholders can understand business process
- Worked with different clients over understanding their 360 degree view of business data.
- Developed Power BI model used for financial report for the organization
- Expertise in data visualizations by developing Bar/Column Charts, Multi-Row/Single-Row Cards, Line/Donut/Scatter/Waterfall/Ribbon/Pie Charts, KPI’s, Slicers, Gauges andTables in Power BI.
- Gathered use-cases for developing various dashboards internally.
- Expertise in writing complex DAX functions in Power BI and Power Pivot.
- Used various sources and formats to pull data into Power BI such as SQL Server, Web, Excel, JSON, XML, Azure SQL Database etc..
- Installed and configured Enterprise gateway and Personal gateway in Power BI service.
- Created Workspace and content packs for business users to view the developed reports.
- Scheduled Automatic refresh and scheduling refresh in Power BI Service.
- Provide support to internal Power BI users and mentored them in creating custom reports and dashboards with troubleshooting technical issues.
- Wrote calculated columns, Measures query’s in power bi desktop to show good data analysis techniques.
- Weekly presentation to the business users about the reports and their changes as required.
- Worked on all kind of reports such as Yearly, Quarterly, Monthly, and Daily.
- Worked on all types of transformations that are available in Power BI query editor
- Developed live reports and pinned them to the dashboards and published them to business users
Confidential, Reston, VA
Business System’s Analyst / Data Modeling
- Acted as Business System’s Analyst/ Modeler on Confidential initiative to combine a legacy and existing claims processing system (Javelina ) into one single platform.
- Worked on gathering requirements from different vendors in sending or receiving the eligibility, authorization feed post to Confidential . Prepared business requirement document for each and every vendor that we have on-boarded.
- Actively involved in updating internal processes (submit claims, check eligibility), updating data collection and data reporting.
- Prepared Use Cases, User Stories and Test Cases as per the user requirements documentation and developed detailed work plans, schedules, project estimates, resource plans and status reports.
- Worked closely with SME’s and vendors to define the requirements.
- Assisted Scrum Master in leading Sprint Planning meetings, Sprint Retrospectives, Sprint Reviews and Daily Scrum Calls.
- Responsible for identifying and documenting business rules and creating detailed Use Case.
- Generated reports and performed data validation in Talend Open Studio.
- Translated stakeholder requirements into different tangible deliverables such as functional specifications, user cases, user stories, activity diagrams, workflow/process diagrams, data flow/data model diagrams and flowcharting
- Allocated the stories to developers during sprints and performed milestone tracking.
- Optimized and updated logical and physical data models to support new and existing projects.
- Worked on testing the output extracts that were generated from the claims processing systems with QA based on the requirements defined.
- Provided source to destination mapping information to development Team for loading the data from files we receive to the existing claims system.
- Incorporated and implemented all HIPAA standards, Electronic Data Interchange (EDI 834, 837, 278) transaction syntax like ANSI X12, ICD-9, ICD-10 coding.
- Conducted user acceptance testing and data validation of web applications used to present benefit information.
- Worked on PG Admin 4 in getting data from different tables and validating the output extracts with GUID.
- Developed and maintained Confluence pages for Eligibility outbound feeds to different vendors.
Confidential, Chicago, IL
Jr. Data Modeler/ Business Analyst
- On boarded as a Data Modeler to work on the design of a Canonical Data Model and acted as a business analyst in gathering the data model requirements.
- Created Business Requirements Documents, Functional and Software Requirements Specification Documents.
- Worked with the Application Development team to implement data strategies, build data flows and develop conceptual data models.
- Worked closely with data governance, SME’s and vendors to define data requirements.
- Overfilled the role of a product owner to gather the requirements for the data model and worked in designing conceptual, logical and physical models using Power Designer.
- Developed and maintained data dictionary to create metadata reports for technical and business purpose.
- Collaboratively worked with other departments data modelers for standard naming conventions and developing data dictionaries to ensure consistency of data models.
- Recommend opportunities for reuse of data models in new environments.
- Perform reverse engineering of physical data models from databases and SQL scripts.
- Evaluate data models and physical databases for variances and discrepancies
- Worked with ETL to load data from SQL to NoSQL databases(MongoDB) with referential integrity and developed queries using SQL, Rapid SQL.
- Provided source to destination mapping information and maintained the data model pages in confluence.
- Captured As-Is Process, designed TO-BE Process and performed Gap Analysis
- Analyzed ETL jobs and mappings to document the existing transformation logic and understand ETL strategies used.
- Shadowed Data Architect in creating the architecture flow.
- Allocated the stories to developers during sprints and assisted Product Owner on preparing scope documents and allotted tasks to developers and QA team.
- Assisted TPO’s in creating Use Cases, User Stories and Test Cases as per the user requirements documentation and developed detailed work plans, estimates, resource plans and status reports.
Confidential, Detroit, MI
Business Data Analyst Intern
- Involved in requirement gathering, design, analysis, implementation, validation and deployment of migrating a project to Amazon Cloud.
- Agile was medium for the software development, so participated in scrums.
- Created Business Requirements Documents, Functional and Software Requirements Specification Documents.
- Responsible for production support and maintenance of existing server inventory management.
- Implemented AWS IAM for managing the credentials of applications that runs on EC2 instances .
- Created user accounts with roles, groups using the Identity and Access Management (IAM) service of AWS.
- Provided production support to the existing application.
- Worked closely with Database Administrator in performing jobs and making modifications in stored procedures.
- Evaluate existing data models and physical databases for variances and discrepancies
- Cross-tested the user stories and helping the product owner in arranging the sprint backlog.
- Have a good understanding and basic knowledge on DevOps .
Confidential, Albany, NY
- Maintaining the Black-board portal (online student portal), updating with recent changes.
- Working with professors in assigning the assignments to students.
- Troubleshoot system and printer problems; assist faculty and students with desktop and server related issues.
- Serving on short-term college project teams.
- Document all changes to the systems.
- Perform a variety of administrative tasks including web site development, preparation of Power Point presentations, data entry and analysis, collating marketing materials and presentations.