With over 13+years of experience I am Best known for my ability to rapidly deliver solutions that deliver significant business value. Over the course of my career, I have been instrumental in delivering numerous cost and process improvement actions using targeted analytics to drive business value. I am passionate about building diverse teams with deep connections while finding innovative solutions to real world business challenges.Strong in design and integration problem solving skills Interested in a challenging technical along with managerial track career in an Management and Analytics & Information Management.
Operating Systems: MVS/zOS, UNIX, Windows
Analytics Tools: Alteryx, QlikView, Tableau, Sqoop, Pig and Hive, Machine Learning
Languages: R programming, Scala, Python, COBOL, CLIST, CA Easytrieve PLUS, JCL, Java
Database: Hadoop, DB2, SQL server, Teradata, VSAM, IMS DB DCWeb - Integration CICS Web service, DB2 stored Proc, MQ, and SSRS Reporting Services
Mainframe Tools: CA- File Master, File-Aid, Endevor, CA7, Xpeditor, SMART test, DB2 Visual Studio, DB2 Connect, IBM Fault Analyzer, Move For DB2
Senior Data Scientist
- Responsible for modeling complex Institute problems, discovering insights and identifying opportunities with statistical, algorithmic, mining and visualization techniques.
- Proficient at integrating and preparing large, varied datasets, designing specialized database and computing environments, and communicating results.
- Work closely with clients, data stewards, project/program managers, and other IT teams to turn data into critical information and knowledge that can be used to make sound organizational decisions
- Provide data that is congruent and reliable. Propose innovative ways to look at problems by using data mining method approaches on the set of information available.
- Lead the design and deployment of enhancements and fixes to systems as needed and come up with solutions to loosely defined business problems by leveraging pattern detection over potentially large datasets using strong programming skills (such as Hadoop Map Reduce or other big data frameworks, Java), statistical modeling (like SAS or R and Alteryx).
- Consistently foster collaboration and respect among team members by addressing elements of the group process that impedes, or could impede the group from reaching its goal.
- Diagnose problems using formal problem-solving tools and techniques from multiple angles and probes underlying issues to generate multiple potential solutions. Proactively anticipates and prevents problems. Devises, facilitates buy-in, makes recommendations and guides implementation of corrective and/or preventive actions for complex issues those cross-organizational boundaries and are unclear in nature.
- Tracking and synthesizes systemic benchmarking trends. Evaluates composite information in relation to its impact on decision-making and strategic implications. Sets expectations for and reviews management and key stakeholder reports. Assesses validity of business strategy recommendations against trend data. Steers senior leadership toward making informed, sound strategic decisions.
Environment: Hadoop, Alteryx, Tableau, R programming, SAS, PIG, Hive, Sqoop, QlikView, Scala, Spark, Kafka and Machine Learning
Senior Business Analyst
- Delivered a “one-stop shop” for freight information globally within a region, Freight-related data is scattered across multiple systems Global Metrics manually calculated in each region Massive amounts of data to process monthly. The project will provide customers with centrally-controlled, globally-consistent freight reporting that will allow them to leverage actionable, physicals-based information, in a timely manner.
- Delivered the Common Global Forecasting tool that can be used by Finance Controller office to predict the forecasting at Confidential locations globally
- Reviewed the Architectural design, Conceptual Design Summary, UI Mock-Ups with the Solution Design Team. Communicating major milestones and providing direction to the project teams. Establishing status control procedures and conducting regular status meetings tracking and monitoring the project's financial health across the program.
- Created design and technical user stories on various order fulfillment release. Also provides technical solution to improve the performance of the application and coordinate, train both offshore and onsite team.
- Subject matter expert to manage the entire development process as the development lead by ensuring both the onshore and the offshore developers are coding to standard while also keeping them on schedule. Collaborate with the Quality Assurance Analysts to develop test data gathering and validation strategy.
Environment: Data warehousing, SSRS, ETL, Teradata, Mainframe, Quality Center, Visio, Data stage 8.5, Rally, Oracle
FOE Management Systems
- Responsible for walk through the documents with customer during the end user review, maintain versions and take the user sign-off on the documents and changes. Organize Gate reviews at end of each phase of SDLC
- Involved in implementation of software solutions ranging from Mainframe based legacy applications
- Interacted with business owners and users to identify business system needs, evaluate solutions for business problems and proposed alternate methods.
- Interacted with developer team, operations support team and end customer to understand the current system and new system functionalities.
- Developed Business Process Flows, Functional Requirements Specifications, and System Design documents.
- Worked with the development team to convert the functional specification into program specification and reviewed the low-level design and specifications.
- Provided all clarifications during development phase.
- Worked with Project Manager to Create and maintain work break down and schedule for the onsite implementation team.
- Assisted in the development of quality assurance (QA) documentation including the testing strategy, user acceptance testing (UAT) scripts and business scenarios.
- Determined the efforts for the development and implementation of the functional gaps.
- Evaluated user request for new or modified program to determine feasibility, cost and time required, compatibility with current system and computer abilities.
- Developed the business requirements, high-level design, Business Overview Documents, Requirement Traceability matrix using the UML and OOAD techniques. Prepare the details of the dataflow for the new scope based on the system architecture and create the DFD, Use Case, Swim Lane and Context Diagrams
- Identify any database changes by interacting with the DBAs and creating the logical model diagrams and get necessary sign-offs.
Environment: COBOL, DB2, SQL SERVER, IMS DB DC, DB2, VSAM, JCL, ENDEVOR, FILE-AID,DB2 Stored proc, CA7, Xpeditor, DB2 Visual Studio, DB2 Connect, IBM Fault Analyzer
- Translated logical design into physical program specifications.
- Developed and integrates portions of IT solutions by using appropriate development methodologies and standards, following standard architectures/patterns, and working within the physical application framework with guidance
- Developed and executed unit test plans and scripts to validate that assigned modules meet technical specifications
- Participated in technical inspections at appropriate stages of development
- Creates production support documentation
- Worked with Operations Analysts, System Designer/Analysts and other developers to prepare and stage production builds
- Facilitates and contributes to project chartering sessions
Environment: VS COBOL II, JCL, VSAM, CICS & DB2, Endevor, Panvalet, Intertest, Xpediter & File-Aid
- Leads translation of logical design into physical program design/specifications
- Develops and integrates IT solutions by using appropriate development methodologies and standards, adopting/applying standard architectures/patterns, taking into account critical performance characteristics, security measures and customer requirements
- Collaborates with others (e.g. System Designer/Analysts, Architects, Senior Developer) to establish the physical application framework (e.g. libraries, reuse modules, development environments)
- Ensures the development and execution of unit test and integration plans and scripts to validate that application modules meet technical specifications
- Ensures technical inspections are performed at appropriate stages of development
- Leads creation of production support documentation
- Leads data migration/conversion activities
- Provides technical leadership and mentoring to developers, and leads the technical application development/integration of IT solutions
Environment: VS COBOL II, JCL, VSAM, CICS & DB2, Endevor, Xpediter & File-Aid