Over 11 years of IT experience with 7+ years in SAP - BI/BW as Techno-Functional Consultant. Extensive working knowledge in ASAP Methodology, Data Modeling, Solid experience in Data Extraction from LO Cockpit, LIS, Legacy system and Flat files. Have worked on 5 SAP full life cycle implementation. Very extensively worked in Performance Tuning, Aggregates, Process chains, Testing, Go-Live, Production Support, End-user, Documentation, CTS Transports and OSS Notes. Rich experience in Design and Development of BW Reports, Web Application Designer, BEx Analyzer, and Crystal Reports. Solid exposure to SD, MM, FI, PP, PS, CO-PA modules. Good exposure to Universe, Webi, Crystal reports BOBJ 3.0.
ERP packages: SAP R/3 4.7, ECC 6.0, SCM 5.0, TM 8.0
Languages: ABAP, SQL, PL/SQL
Databases: MS-SQL Server 6.0/7.0, MS- Access
DATA wAREHOUSE TOOLS: SAP BW 3.5, BI 7.0, BOBJ, APO BW, APD, Openhub, bia
Operating Systems: Windows 95/98/2000/XP
Project Management: MS Project
Global BI Analyst
- Implementing the BI TM 8.0 solution at Confidential . Involved in Blue print working with vendors and business users to get the requirements.
- Configure the TM8.0 for BI. Customize all the TM extractors. Installing the
- BI Content. Working with Basis and security team to provide sufficient access and security roles.
- Worked with Business owners to promote the PM reporting solution.
- Took initiative to build the prototype tailored to each sector. Successfully lead the project in all phases of life cycle.
- Successfully implemented APO Demand Planning projects Metal forecasting and scrap calculation projects. Involved in creating custom extractors from ECC and Flatfiles to move the data from BW to APO. Designed Meta chains in APO.
- Involved in all the phases of life cycle for the Successful completion of Freight reconciliation, Sales Trend portal project
- Proactively worked on reconciling the production systems for better performance. As a result of that the production systems are now better monitored, well responded and stabilized. Successful coordination with the external resources to accomplish the goals.
- Monitor system performance on day to day basis. Resolve the failures in the daily jobs. Monitor and resolve the tickets registered in helpdesk system. Involved in the EHP upgrade, Oracle Version Upgrade to fulfill the BW pre and post upgrade tasks.
- Worked with Enterprise Architecture team, to built a pilot of all sectors to promote BOBJ in the client . Used BI On demand tool to build the prototype. Attend
- Workshops provided by SAP to understand the possible alternatives for Global reporting solution.
SAP BI Developer
- Sucessfully completed the Functional upgrade for Weber BW system from 3.5 to
- 7.0 which includes chaning the datasources, transfer rules, update rules and process chains.
- Implemented BW infoproviders related to demand planning in BW and in APO to accomplish Monthly forecast the products and parts at shipto level.
- Build custom extractors, developed Forecast reports.
- Monitor system performance on day to day basis. Resolve the failures in the daily jobs.
- Monitor and resolve the tickets registered in Remedy Tool. Involved in Oracle Upgrade to fulfill the BW pre and post upgrade tasks.
- Build Lot of custom reports to extend that to the BOBJ universe to build effective dashboards. Worked with BOBj consultant for successful datamining and ETl in the BOBJ.
BI Team Lead
- Conduct pilot project on some of the cubes in BW to test the performance benefits for the reports running on those cubes.
- Creation BIA Index and confirming the usage of BIA index.
- Modifying the Process chains for BIA roll-up’s.
- Re-creation of BIA index for any model changes. Administration of BIA by using BIA monitor .
- Analysis of BIA Application log for detail errors.
- Test the performance of reports with and with out BIA index and present the analysis.
- The OM-BW users want to increase the performance of the existing queries, change the designing few reports, combine the existing reports into single report etc.
- Work with users on regular basis to understand the requirements.
- Document the requirements.
- Test the feasibility of the requirements in the backend and provide alternative solutions through custom cubes and DSO.
- Create the functional and technical specifications to provide to the corresponding teams.
- Provide the high level estimates for the time required and man hours needed to accomplish the task using ADM Sap estimates. Send data to the less frequent users through Confidential instead of developing BW reports to make it cost efficient. Involve in Assembly and product test. Involved in solving production support issues like load failures, Rollup, Indexes, change run.
- Effectively handled project change requests by proposing solutions and supporting the design and communication with development. Serving as point of contact with development to coordinate the resolution of any questions or concerns .
- Provide necessary BW knowledge and support for R&A team members to analyze the feasibility of the designs. Create the Blue prints as power point presentations to the user team for approval. Act as a liaison between R&A, Tech and Development teams for proper coordination and successful of the task.
- Documenting requirements for new custom reports and communicating those requirements in standard BW report functional design templates to development.
- Leading the review and sign-off with A3 project leadership and production support FPE & APM teams.
- Effectively handling project change requests by proposing solutions and supporting the design and communication with development.
- Serving as point of contact with development to coordinate the resolution of any questions or concerns raised.
- Knowledgeably providing subject matter expert support of BW reporting technology capabilities, features and challenges to immediate R&A sub-team members who collectively have limited BW experience.
- Regular monitoring of both HR Master and transactional loads.
- Initiating remedy tickets upon failure and assigning to corresponding teams, escalate the issues to respective teams.
- Generate master and transactional load data trends in Excel to use by development teams for further analysis.
- Update the trending documents with information from the performance tracking team for the top 10 HR reports, for the master and transactional data loads.
- Worked on the GS reporting and standard reporting requirements for new reports and to study the feasibility of building the new reports with existing BW data model.
- Document the additional requirements to meet the requirements of the new reports.
- Conducted regular discussions with the users and propose solutions to users to come with the common understanding and feasibility on the requirements.
- Build prototype of the reports to get the user acceptance. Create the functional design docs for the reports.
- Worked extensively on BEx Analyzer and BEx browser and created queries using BW- Reporting variables, navigational attributes and Filters.
- Developed workbooks, info set Queries and used RRI jump queries to drill down to other queries and R/3 transactions.
- Extensively used calculated and restricted key figures, restricted characteristics, structures, variables and conditions for the queries
- Participate in Gathering Requirement phase.
- Create Functional Design for the new development.
- Clarify doubts to development team about Functional specifications.
- Participate in
- Product Test phase.
- Create Product Test script and execution logs. PT Script execution .
- Investigate issues during this phase.
- Create proper SIRs to fix new issues.
- Contact to development team to clarify issues.
- Validate performance of new program developed.
- Validate Product test results.
- Work with End users on their issues via remedy tool.
- Identify causes, troubleshoot & test fixes during stabilization period.
- Monitor production loads.
- Prepare functional design documentation for enhancement & new report requests.
- Develop working examples of new queries in BEx for initial design review with the business.
- Keeps supervisor informed of work progress on timely basis.
ConfidentialBI Team Lead
- Primary responsibilities are to assist all the Confidential work forces through out various projects in the configuration and testing of MM and WM module within the SAP R/3 ERP system.
- SAP Upgrade Confidential Project .
- Member of the MM, WM team to support the migration of Confidential ’s ‘G’ cluster from SAP R/3 version 4.0b to 4.6c on the build phase.
- Perform unit testing of changes and initial validation testing of transaction used by Confidential .
- As part of the upgrade team, we are required to execute any program that is identified by the optimizer as broke.
- Performed the necessary analysis, modification and unit testing of existing Confidential customizations and SAP objects as required enabling continuity of existing business processes.
- Checked for the Sync issues in the ABAP programs.
- Involved in different testing projects. Did unit and integration testing in MM module for Confidential clients .
Confidential, CABI Team Lead
- The role was to create a web based project to generate financial reports with different selection criteria.
- Developed web based projects using ASP, crystal reports, scripting languages.
- Interacted with users in all the phases of project development. Involved in documentation, testing.
- Created user demos.