Solution Architect / BI Solution Architect
Confidential, Washington, DC
- Provide technical team support to the Department of Homeland Security's Office ( Confidential ) of the Chief Information Officer (OCIO)
- Responsible for Development, Administration and Maintenance various Tools like Tableau, OBIEE and Power BI
- Extensively used Tableau Desktop, Tableau Server, OBIEE RPD development, deployment and security setup
- Extensive experience with design and development of Tableau visualization solutions.
- Extensive experience in Tableau Desktop, Tableau Server, Tableau reader in various versions of Tableau (7.x/8.x/9.x), SQL, PL SQL and UNIX shell scripting
- Lead the team for migrating from OBIEE and Tableau solution to cloud based solution (AWS)
- Hands on experience with installation and configuration OBIEE and Tableau in AWS GovCloud
- Experience with OBIEE and Tableau Mobile setup, configure and access Mobile Apps through AirWatch application (Pre - App VPN policy for Mobile browser is setup to VPN all traffic going to the BI application)
- Experience with Oracle BI (OBIEE), OAC, OBIA and Hyperion Essbase (including Essbase cube deployment for OBIEE dashboard data source)
- Provide solution for OBIEE/Tableau backup, setup DR environment and apply Patch to keep environment update
- Expertise in installation and configuration WebLogic, EM, OBIEE and Oracle Hyperion Enterprise performance management in Linux/UNIX environment (RedHat), Integration, Tuning, Backup, Upgrades, Patching, Monitoring System Performance and Network Security
- Assist with improving overall system performance by BI Server Caching, Optimizing the database, Create aggregate tables to support user queries, correct dimensional Star model etc.
- Develop performance standards and evaluate work performance of subordinates, Interview job candidates for position vacancies and Identify developmental and training needs of employees
- Identify the strengths and weaknesses of team members, match to jobs suited to their strengths and develop a plan to maximize strengths and minimize weaknesses
BI Solution Architect / OBIEE Architect
Confidential, Columbia, MD
- Expertise in tuning and monitoring large middleware components, developed ad-hoc monitoring and support related tools and script to examine middleware availability, automate middleware security and auditing compliance, etc.
- Experienced in installing, configuring, monitoring and troubleshooting multiple Oracle databases, WebLogic Servers and Oracle MW components including applying updates and patches
- Experienced in Oracle SOA Suite, Oracle OSB, Oracle BPEL, Oracle Web Services Manager, and WebLogic Application Server including installation, configuration and creating services.
- Experienced in Installing and configuring advanced WebLogic components such as SOA Suite and Oracle BPM, Monitored application, server, network performance, standardizing Application Server components including use of Data Sources, connection pooling, audit settings, etc.
- Experience in upgrading OBIEE DEV/UAT/PROD 11g to 12c and managing OBIEE repository, security setup, migrate group and application role, JAVA upgrade, apply PATCH and migrate RPD and Web Catalog objects
- Perform secure installation and configuration of Corporate OBIEE 12c UAT and PRODUCTION (Oracle Exalytics server) are configured as 2 nodes clustered HA environment with Load Balancing (OHS), AD integration and SSO in Oracle Solaris 11 (UNIX) environment.
- Administration of security, assign appropriate privileges and permissions to authenticated users, user groups and access control for all OBIEE dashboard, Global Cache, mail, row limit setup in EM, OBIEE Catalog and RPD deployment for DEV, UAT and PORD environment.
- Configure OBIEE for optimal performance including Improve data modeling, convert complex Snowflake to Star schemas, improve overall infrastructure, Operating System Tuning, J2EE Server Tuning, Compression/Caching, Database Tuning, BI Server Tuning, Partitioning and Materialized views, bitmap index for star transformation, cached tables, limited initialization blocks, manage connection pool etc.
- Experience in elastic Enterprise Oracle Analytics Cloud (OAC) as a Platform as a Service (PaaS), integrated cloud products including Essbase, Data Visualization, BI Cloud Services (BICS) and day by day Mobile.
- Hands on experience in DevOps Implementation, Build and Release, Continuous Integration Continuous Delivery (CICD) and Release Management in multiple environments, experienced with Jenkins.
- Deployed J2EE Application archives (such as JAR, WAR, EAR and RAR) and Web-Based/E-Commerce on Web Logic Application Server
- Deploy OBIEE RPD/Catalog, create application role and tie application to AD group using Jenkins and JFrog Aftifatory.
- Experienced with design, development, configuration and implementation of multiple middleware solutions such as WebLogic, Oracle HTTP server, Apache HTTP Server and Apache tomcat
- Experienced in each applies to cyber/information security technologies such as authentication, authorization, access control, firewalls, vulnerability assessment and remediation.
- Experienced in installation and managing Grid Control and OEM 12c for retrieving DB performance metrics and monitoring performance alerts with monitoring templates to set alert thresholds
- Experience in Oracle Pre-built BI Apps (OBIA) HR Analytics, performed end-to-end customizations of ODI Mappings, Workflows, OBIA Repository, Reports and Dashboards.
- Installation and administration of Oracle Enterprise Performance Management System (EPM 22.214.171.124.0 ), Configuration and Monitoring Console (CMC), add a DAS entry in CMC and scheduled Hyperion EMP restart.
- Implement SALM2 and SiteMinder Single Sign-On (SSO) via OAM for OBIEE authentication
- Optimize Oracle DB to resolve OBIEE performance issue such as study OBIEE System Architecture Overview, improve response time by Snowflake to Star schemas, Initialization Parameters, Managing Joins, Index Strategy, Optimal Redo log sizing etc.
- Identified performance issues in DB using adhoc views, explain plans and session monitoring queries
- Developed adhoc scripts to monitor database health, ASM health, tables paces, or backup failures
- Implement Disaster Recovery (DR) environment. DR is configured in an Asymmetric Topology such as DR directory structure is identical between PROD and DR including the NAS mounts point except DR is a single node.
- Expert in UNIX (Solaris 11) - custom OBIEE start/stop script, python script to generate OBIEE users, prepare UNIX server for OBIEE, file configuration and modify user profile
- An organized self-starter requiring minimal supervision and possessing keen analytical, leadership, communication skills, resource management and ability to work under pressure
OBIEE Admin / OBIEE Architect
Confidential, Washington, DC
- Provide technical team support to the Department of Homeland Security's Office ( Confidential ) of the Chief Information Officer (OCIO), Enterprise System Development Office (ESDO) such as coordinate with Business users for requirements gathering, business analysts to understand the business requirements, development milestones, and coordinate deliverables by leveraging IT, Business, and Customer resources
- Perform secure installation and patching of OBIEE 11g/12c Pre-Production and Production environment which consists of two clustered, F5 load balance, configure OBI Client tools 11g/12c for OBIEE/OBIA servers in Linux and Windows environment.
- Designed and developed the OBIEE Repository (RPD) using OBI Admin tool by importing the required objects (Dimensions, Facts & Aggregates) into Physical Layer using connection pool, developing Dimensions (Drill-Down Hierarchies), build star schema, Logical join in Business Model Layer, and creating the Presentation catalogs in Presentation Layer.
- Experienced in Installation of OBIA 11g, client tool and administration of security, assign appropriate privileges and permissions to authenticated users, user groups and access control for all OBIA dashboard.
- Extensively customized the Oracle Pre-built BI Apps (OBIA), performed end-to-end customizations of ODI Mappings, Workflows, DAC objects, OBIA Repository, Reports and Dashboards
- Responsible for resolving any issues by investing log files, identify issues, time requirements and take appropriate action regarding that issue for OBIEE/OBIA and ETL application
- Responsible for Installing, Configuring, Maintaining Oracle Fusion Middleware stack including SOA Suite, WebLogic Application Server and coherence in multiple environments
- Expertise in LINUX/UNIX Administration such as Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5 and 6 Installation, Configuration, Integration, Tuning, Backup, Upgrades, Patching, Monitoring System Performance and Network Security
- Performing DBA duties such as performance tuning to include data partitioning, load balancing, data migration, backup, recovery, SQL performance tuning, and monitoring databases to generate optimum performance
- Involve in Data Extraction, Transformation, Loading (ETL) from data sources like Flat Files, Oracle, DB2, Teradata and then loading into Oracle database using ETL tool such as Informatica Powercenter and ODI
- Create Confidential authorize certificate for Oracle MW component, implement to Linux environment for authenticate valid Confidential personal identity verification (PIV) card which allow users to access Business Intelligence as a Service (BIaaS) regardless of their geographical location.
- Implement Single Sign-On (SSO) via Active Directory SAML then forward to OBIEE/OBIA for authentication.
- Provide innovative solution such as Implement 508 compliant Dashboards and reports for OBIEE/OBIA and implement OEM 12c, agents and added monitoring, groups and incident rules for all Middleware domains
- Implement BI Publisher data model, reports and scheduling the reports to delivery based on user email and share folder
- Work with business users to address the identified vulnerabilities and perform comprehensive security reviews of critical systems and applications such as JDK, certificate, secure TLS/SSL cipher suite, enable/disable cipher encryption mode and disable weak cipher by replacing TLS1.0 instead of SSL 2.0
- Responsible for Confidential 's Change Request (CR), proposed BI and ETL changes for the implementation to the Federal Infrastructure Change Control Board (ICCB) for approval and schedule deployments with the Confidential
- Perform 97% uptime (system availability) of the platform which consists of 400+ end users in 9 Confidential directors, 8 technical environments and 20+ applications running on Informatica (ETL), Oracle, SQL Server and Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition (OBIEE).
- Using JIRA we track any issue, deployment errors, access request reported by client
Environment: Oracle DB 11g/12c, OBIEE 11g, OBIEE 12c, OBIEE Publisher, SQL Server 2008 R2, Windows 7, Windows Server 2012, ETL, Informatica PowerCenter 9.1 and 9.6, SQL developer, WinSCP, Putty, ERWin, SharePoint, SQL*Plus, Linux (RHEL), WireShark, JIRA, MS Project
Senior IT Specialist / OBIEE Lead
Confidential, Vienna, VA
- Involved in various phases of Software Testing/Development Life Cycle (SDLC/STLC) of the application like Requirement gathering, Design, Analysis and Code development
- Extensively involved in analyzing business and functional requirements. Involved in preparing Test strategy, Test Plan and Test data for Confidential Certificate of Deposit (CD-APY) project.
- Key player in requirement gathering and estimating timeline for the development life cycle.
- Design, Architect, Propose a strong BI road-map that can address the business needs Design, Architect, Propose a strong BI road-map that can address the business needs
- Configuration OBIEE/OBIA using ODI (Oracle Data Integrator) as ETL Tool
- Performance tuning and enforcing repository (RPD) best practice such as Caching, Joins and Index, Aggregation etc.
- In corporate the business process in different layers of OBIEE/OBIA such as Physical Layer, Business Layer and Presentation Layer
- Consultant with Oracle Support through Service Request for any OBIEE issues
- Performed SQL queries in DB2 using TSO terminal for ST/IM system to maintenance data verification
- Validated E2E process for CD-APY such as frontend account information updates to RM database, ETL process updates to ST and IM database for customer details and account information.
- Conducted meetings with business stakeholders for final validation of the notices as per business requirements
- Involved in submitting weekly Bug Report and preparing test summary reports
- Used “Version One” application to create Backlog (Stories), Epic and Task for Scrum Agile methodology
Environment: HP ALM (Application Lifecycle Management), ETL, OBIEE 11g, Informatica PowerCenter, FIS, EzThieve, Version one, TSO, Attachmate Extra 2000, Oracle 11g, SQL Server 2008 R2, Windows 7
Senior IT Specialist / OBIEE Architect
Confidential, Newark, DE
- Created Technical System Design documents, Design documents and reviewing the design documents with customer
- Worked with Business Users in requirements gathering and creating Requirements Specification documents.
- Participated in the planning and design of enterprise security architecture, the creation of enterprise security documents policies, standards, baselines, guidelines and procedures
- Originated loans using CLM (Chase Loan Manager) such as Underwrite, Initial Disclosure, Funding to validate OBIEE reports.
- Led a team of 4 contract QA Engineers and one Support Engineer for a quality and timely delivery of CLM (Chase Loan Manager) product.
- Reduced organizational cost by bringing the best resources, implementing automation and managing Oracle license cost for the products.
- Designed and implemented reporting dashboards for loan in Oracle Business Intelligence (OBIEE)
- Worked on Oracle BI Administration tool for customizing the Physical Layer, Business Layer, and Presentation Layer that came with OBIA and modifying it according to the business requirements
- Configure Oracle Scheduler and Delivers, developed customized dashboards in OBIEE as per requirements.
- Performed OBIEE In-Place and Out-of-Place Upgrades and Patching.
- Design and develop the BI business model in OBIEE and BI Publisher Reports
- Experienced in Oracle Financial applications E-Business Suite such as General Ledger, Hyperion and other FINAPPS
- Implement and maintain Hyperion Workspace (Hyperion reporting) which is the interface for Financial Reporting (FR), Interactive Reporting (IR) and multidimensional modeling, analysis and reporting with Essbase
- Involved in identifying bugs in existing ETL mappings by analyzing the data workflow, evaluating mappings and fixing the bugs as per business needs.
- Carefully analyzed and performed timing of the ETL procedures such as Source System Speed, Network speed, Transformation Speed and load speed to improve better ETL process.
- Worked on SQL joins using SQL Developer and optimized Query Performance which improved overall OBIEE performance.
- Generated reports with Oracle Business Intelligence and validate reports for loan data validation
- Directed weekly status meetings, and conducted walkthroughs for team members, and documented the proceedings
- Played key role in growth of Mortgage Banking IT department by acquisition new tools such as Informatica PowerCenter for ETL, TOAD, SQL developer, OBIEE 11g, Microsoft Project etc
- Interacted with the onsite various issues, resolutions and coordination between onsite and offshore team by conducting team meetings
- Provide weekly status reports, run the scrum calls, lead Confidential meetings, on-board team member, collect daily status reports from team mates
Environment: HP ALM (Application Lifecycle Management), OBIEE11g (126.96.36.199.0 ), Oracle 11g, ETL, PowerCenter 9.1, SQL Server 2008 R2, Windows 7, MS Visio
OBIEE Developer / Senior IT Specialist
Confidential, Birmingham, AL
- Involved in “Conversion Team” as a highly motivated team player with excellent communication skill
- Served as a liaison between Business Analyst (BA) and IT Team as well as collaborated across functional areas in order to identify gaps and drive resolution.
- Involved in detection, monitoring, analysis and resolution of security incidents during data conversion process as per business requirements
- Gathered requirements and wrote SQL scripts for IM (Checking, Saving and Money Market) and ST (CDs and IRAs) database, execute and validate data
- Experience on OBIEE Apps 11.1.1.x (OBIA) like OBIEE Financial Analytics, HR Analytics and Project Analytics
- Identified Facts, Dimensions, Levels / Hierarchies of Dimensional Modeling
- Customized and developed RPD (Physical, BMM and Presentation Layer)
- Developed OBIEE Reports and Dashboards with different Analytics Views such as Drill-Down, Pivot Table, Chart, Column Selector and Tabular with Filters
- Implemented security by creating roles & groups, implement Single Sign-On (SSO) with LDAP, and Object Level Security.
- Used SQL queries for Database Testing to verify the data quality and integrity also Performed SQL queries in DB2 using TSO terminal for converted data verification
- Hand-on experience in developing data Model and report in BI Publisher using advance features such as parameters, list of values, bursting on RTF template and BIP Template Builder for MS Word
- Experience in installation of Oracle 10g, 11g databases over Linux, Windows 2000 platforms and experience in applying Oracle patches.
- Experience in creating non-production instances using Export/Import utilities Data pump and refreshing databases in regular basis
- Expertise on Cold/Hot/Logical/RMAN backup and recovery strategies
- Extensive experience on Enterprise Manager, TOAD, SQL* Plus Developer
- Experience with SQL, PL/SQL coding, Materialized views, stored procedures, Triggers, Functions, Packages, UNIX Shell Scripting, ERWIN Data modeling, Logical and Physical database design.
- Involved in a full data conversion process such as mappings in Informatica PowerCenter to load the data from various sources, data mapping, workflow and move it to data warehouse to validate ETL transformation as per business requirement
- Used Informatica PowerCenter Designer (ETL) to create mappings using different transformations to move data to a Data Mart.
- Provided necessary data (After ETL process) for the testing team and was involved extensively in Integration Testing, Regression testing and UAT Testing
- Involved in the defect review meetings and update defect status coordination with developers, and business team
- Tracked issues and logged defect using JIRA.
- Sent Weekly Testing Status reports along with the defects status to the Project Team
Environment: HP Quality Center, Windows, XML, ETL, Informatica PowerCenter, SQL Server, Citrix, IBM DB2, Oracle 10g, OBIEE, OBIEE Publisher, Windows 2003, SQL*Plus, JIRA, MS Project, MS Visio
Senior QA Analyst
Confidential, New York, NY
- Involved in Requirement gathering, Analysis, assessment and finalizing -Testing/Development Life Cycle (SDLC/STLC)
- Reviewed, analyzed, FRD and BRD documents, Developed Strategies, Test Plans, Test Cases and executed the Test Cases using Web top applications in Documented.
- Involved in OBIEE 10g installation, configuration, setup groups and application role.
- Involved in develop RPD and Catalog, setup appropriate user role for the catalog.
- Experienced in develop BI Publisher report as per requirements
- Interacted with developers and business users to analyze the business requirements and functional specifications.
- Performed Functional, Black Box, Integration, and Regression testing.
- Designed, developed and executed Quick Test Pro VB scripts for functional, regression testing.
- Executed test cases, Generated Reports, Graphs and live analysis graphs using QC
- Involved in Logging defects in the QC defect-tracking tool; tested and maintained trailing history of the defects.
- Performed SQL queries to retrieve/storing data, validate data if the output tables are correctly populated.
- Checked the functionality of the web page objects, HTML links, Icons and Images etc.
- Analyzed and maintained requirements and created Test Data, Traceability between Requirements and Test Cases.
- Involved in Manual, Negative, Positive, System, Functionality, Integration, Regression and UAT testing during the various phases of the application.
- Involved in extensive DATA validation using SQL queries and back-end testing.
- Used Quality Center to organize and manage all phases of the software testing process, including planning tests, executing tests, and tracking defects.
- Worked as Team player, involved in daily Agenda, interaction with Managers, Business Analyst, Leads and others, involved in walkthroughs, vendors meeting, testing issues and defects review meetings.
- Prepared Daily and Weekly status reports during testing phase and reported to management.
Environment: OBIEE 10g, Quality Center, QTP, Windows, XML, SQL Server, SQL Developer, Microsoft Visual Basic, .NET, Microsoft Visio.