- Around 7 years of experience in IT as BI Developer with SQL and BI tools.
- 5 years of experience as Tableau Developer with expertise in creating and maintaining business dashboards both in health care as well as finance domains.
- Experienced with Tableau, SSMS, MS SQL, Oracle SQL as BI developer and Analyst.
- In depth knowledge on Tableau products.
- Proficient in Data visualization, Reporting, Analysis, Bar Charts, Pie Charts, Heat Maps, Scatter Plots, Page Trails, Geographic Map and Density Charts in Tableau Desktop.
- Ability to create actions, customized relationships, data blending, filters, calculated fields, parameters, hierarchies, groupings, sorting, live and extract connections, drill down analysis and in - memory in tableau.
- Performed extensively with Calculations, Parameters, Background images, Advance analysis Actions and Maps.
- Worked on lines, trend lines, statistical concepts. Used groups, sets, hierarchies to create detail level summary report and dashboards using KPI's.
- Experience with options like Fields, Format for each visualization to set the options of data analytics like Legend, Data colors, Detail labels, Background, Lock Aspect, Border, Title, General, Position, Font, Text size.
- Worked on the improvement of dashboard reports by creating KPI’s for the top administration.
- Expertise in configuration of Tableau server 10.0/9.2 in various environments and Used Tableau CMD to configure the server following best practices and setting up security profiles for various User groups and Users.
- Proficient in Tableau server commands to migrate workbooks from environment to another environment and carried out Tableau server backup, monitoring and debugging tasks.
- Created automated scripts for tableau workbook refresh when not using live connections.
- Setup of Distributed Server environments for optimum load balancing.
- Experience with Tableau administration tasks such as publishing workbooks, setting permissions, managing ownerships, working with Sites, providing access to the users and adding them to the specific groups and Projects, Scheduling Refreshes and Subscriptions in Tableau Server.
- Utilized efficient load balancing techniques to manage the load on the server for concurrent user logins.
- Held responsibility in setting up security profiles for various user groups and users using Tabcmd Tools.
- Worked on setting permissions on content for specific users or group on a per site basis.
- Used Tableau’s flexibility to build a tabbed application with wide range of options like quick filters, calculated fields, dynamic interaction, flexible ad-hoc capability in various functional areas like health care, finance, sales, marketing and HR.
- Familiar with Building and maintaining dashboards, reports using Power BI.
- Good knowledge on different features in Power BI like transpose, split column by delimiter, add column, get data, report tab, data tab & relationships.
- Experience with SQL Server Management studio and used SSMS to write queries to extract data from SQL Server.
- Experience in publishing and sharing workbooks, data sources with user filter to tableau server, setting schedules, subscriptions, authorization and permissions, incremental refresh extracts and updating server data that are using extracts.
- Good working knowledge on SSAS, SSRS & SSIS and familiar with Online processing approaches like OLTP and OLAP.
- Experience in working on different data warehousing methodologies including star schema and snowflake schema, ETL processes, dimensional modeling, reporting tools.
- Experience in using Custom SQL for tableau and in writing queries for generating tabular reports, formatting report layout and expressions.
- Good knowledge on Alteryx & familiar with Alteryx development tools like Dynamic input, Block until Done, runner tool etc.
- Developed and implemented the code in Oracle PL / SQL (SQL Developer) and T-SQL.
- Involved in complete Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) by identifying the business requirements and converting them to tableau design.
- End to end involvement in designing, testing, deploying and support of data visualizations using Tableau Desktop.
- Good working knowledge on extracting data from Cloudera Hadoop, AWS RedShift to Tableau.
- Strong interpersonal skills with demonstrable verbal and written communications to maintain effective work relationships with all levels of personnel.
Techniques: Business Intelligence, Data Analysis, Data Warehousing, Project Management, User Stories, Gap Analysis, Requirement Elicitation
Database: MySQL, Oracle & SQL Server, AWS Redshift
Business Intelligence Tools: Tableau (Desktop, Server, Reader, Online & Public), Power BI, Alteryx
Functional Area: HealthCare, Banking, Finance
RDBMS: My SQL, Oracle SQL, PL/SQL and T-SQL
Project Management Methodologies: Standard SDLC
Operating Systems: Windows, Ubuntu, LINUX & OS X
Confidential, Kansas City, MO
- Involved in creation/review of functional requirement specifications and supporting documents for business systems, experience in database design process and data modeling process.
- Deep involvement with the design and advancement of Tableau BI visualization solutions.
- Analyze the client requirement and review the change request, based on priority.
- Extensive use of joins, blending, custom SQL, attributes, hierarchies, action filters, extract filters, data source filters, parameters, table calculations, LOD expressions, sets, groups, bins in Tableau Desktop.
- Worked as Tableau SME in migrating the dashboards from Excel reports and Business objects to Tableau Dashboards.
- Develop, organize, manage and maintain graph, table, slide and document templates that will allow for efficient creation of reports.
- Preparing dashboards using calculations, parameters in Tableau and developing Tableau reports that provide clear visualizations of various industry-specific KPIs.
- Access and change extremely large datasets through filtering, grouping, aggregation, and statistical calculation.
- Experience in using tabadmin and tabcmd commands in creating backups and restoring backups of Tableau repository.
- Experience in managing the application's users, groups, and integration with Active Directory.
- Experience in standardizing Tableau for shared service deployment.
- Developed trend lines, statistics, log axes, groups, hierarchies, sets to create detail level summary report and Dashboard using KPI's.
- Experience with creation of users, groups, projects, workbooks and the appropriate permission sets for Tableau server logons.
- Worked on administration tasks like adding workbook Permissions, Ownerships and User filters.
- Administered user, user groups, and scheduled instances for reports in Tableau.
- Gathered user requirements, analyzed and designed software solution based on the requirements.
- Migrated Tableau Dashboard from version 10.2 to 10.4 and adding users to the active directory group.
- Worked extensively on advance analysis actions, calculations, parameters, background images, maps.
- Create, customize & share interactive web dashboards in minutes with simple drag & drop method and access dashboards from any browser or tablet.
- Developed complex SQL queries using stored procedures, common table expressions (CTEs), temporary table to support Tableau reports.
- Connect to MS SQL directly and created the dimensions, hierarchies, and levels on Tableau desktop.
- Performed SQL reporting with the ability to create SQL views and wrote custom SQL queries.
- Actively involved in Normalization of database.
- Used data warehouse concepts and implemented Star Schema to handle simple queries.
Environment: Tableau (Desktop 10.2/10.4, Server 10.2/10.4, Public, Online & Reader), MS SQL, T-SQL, SQL SERVER 2012, SSMS, Microsoft Office Suite.
Confidential, Addison, TX
- Deep experience with the design and development of Tableau visualization solutions.
- Created extracts, published data sources to tableau server, refreshed extract in Tableau server from Tableau Desktop.
- Used different Mark types and Mark properties in views to provide better insights into large data sets.
- Created External filter, internal filter and Context filter to improve performance.
- Used Data Blending, groups, combine fields, calculated fields, and aggregated fields and spotlighting to compare and analyze data in different perspectives.
- Used dimension on Page shelf for a detailed analysis of the view by members of the dimension.
- Created parameters and quick filters. Created sets to display top products based on their sale.
- Created Actions in Worksheets and Dashboards for interactivity and to compare data against different views.
- Connected to data in SAP HANA, Oracle, tableau data extracts and data sources in tableau server.
- Created Dashboards with interactive views, trends and drill downs.
- Published Workbooks and Dashboards to the Tableau server.
- Combined visualizations into Interactive Dashboards and publish them to the web.
- Create rules, defaults, tables, views, clustered & non-clustered index, user defined data types, and user defined functions.
- Actively designed the database to fasten certain daily jobs, stored procedures.
- Optimize query performance by creating indexes.
- Involved in writing SQL batch scripts.
- Involved in extraction of data from multiple sources such as Oracle DB, MS Excel sheets and flat files.
- Developed PL/SQL triggers and master tables for automatic creation of primary keys.
- Created PL/SQL stored procedures, functions and packages for moving the data from staging area to data mart.
- Created extensive documentation on the design, development, implementation, daily loads and process flow of the mappings and provided Knowledge Transfer to the end users.
- Involved in installation and upgrade of Tableau Server and Server performance tuning for Optimization.
- Involved in building Dashboards using parameters, sets, groups and calculations.
- Designed Views in Tableau Desktop that were published to internal team for review and further data analysis and customization using filters and actions.
Environment: Tableau (Desktop 9.3/10.0, Server 9.3, Public, Online & Reader), SQL, Oracle DB, Oracle SQL Developer, PL/SQL, Microsoft Office Suite
Confidential, San Antonio, Texas
Tableau Report Developer
- Extensively used data blending, embed functionalities in Tableau.
- Deployed Tableau Server in clustered environment by mapping server nodes to primary machine.
- Develop, Organize, manage and maintain graphs, tables, slides and document templates for the efficient creation of reports.
- Interact professionally with diverse group of professionals in the organization including managers and executives.
- Created area map to find out customer base usage within United States and found gaps in areas where Vonage lacked coverage due to internet service provider.
- Created quick filter to narrow down individual states and cities along with revenue being generated in individual state or city.
- Building, publishing customized interactive reports and dashboards, report scheduling using Tableau server. Creating New Schedule's and checking the task's daily on the server.
- Created Tableau scorecards, dashboards using stack bars, bar graphs, scattered plots, geographical maps, Gantt charts using show me functionality.
- Creating users, groups, projects, Data connections, settings as a tableau administrator.
- Involved in creating dashboards and reports in Tableau and Maintaining server activities, user activity, and customized views on Server Analysis.
- Involved in creating database objects like tables, views, procedures, triggers, functions using T-SQL to provide definition, structure and to maintain data efficiently.
Environment: Tableau (Desktop 8.2, Server 8.2, Public, Online & Reader), MS SQL, T-SQL, SSMS, Microsoft Office Suite
- Created Detail Design Documents and Mapping documents based on High Level Design and specifications given by business.
- Designed and developed Enterprise Edition DataStage jobs based on requirement specifications given by Business.
- Designed and developed DataStage routines to simplify the design and improve the performance.
- Developed Shared Containers for reusability.
- Tuned PL/SQL procedure to improve the performance of ETL process.
- Developed jobs to read data from Flat Files received from external vendors.
- Developed Processes for ASGZena Scheduling.
- Extensively used Dataset, Aggregator, Sort, Join, Funnel, Lookup, Merge, Filter and other parallel stages in developing the solution.
- Extensively used Enterprise/ODBC stages to read data from Oracle, DB2 and SQL Server databases.
- Developed DataStage jobs using Lookup stage for Range Lookup.
- Created Job parameter sets for reusing the parameters.
- Extensively used Resource Estimation feature of DataStage to implement ETL solutions with good performance.
- Implemented restart ability in all DataStage sequencers.
- Understood and updated existing DataStage jobs to accommodate changes requested by users.
- Worked closely with Business Analyst in providing efficient solution with good turnaround time.
- Created Unit test plans and updated the documents based on the testing.
- Supported Quality Analysts during System/Integration testing phase.
- Supported business users during User Acceptance Test (UAT) and Post Implementation Phase.
Environment: IBM Info Sphere Information Server 8.0.1 (DataStage, Information Analyzer), SQL, Teradata, Unix shell programming, IBM DB2, Toad, ASG Zena Scheduler, Test Director 8.0.
- Development and implementation of new business requirement.
- Development and customization of business logic based on customer needs.
- Prepare the ad-hoc reports script using SQL with minimal assistance, based on the Requirement provided by internal stakeholders.
- Writing Complex T-SQL queries and sub-queries using complex Joins.
- Developed Stored Procedures for storing and retrieving data through forms.
- Has good experience in complete ETL cycle including data analysis, data mapping and conversion and data load.
- Experience in importing/exporting data between different sources like SQL/Excel.
- Responsible for full cycle of reporting solutions from definition, design and implementation of the data visualization solution.
- Worked on Data Model design, Data Extraction, Transformations and Loading, Mapping Workflows and Customized Analytics Reports.
- Worked on data Extraction, Transformation and Loading (ETL) which helped to easily move and manipulate data from heterogeneous environment.
- Extracted data from data warehouse and generated client desired data using various formats like CSV, Excel, or Access.
- Writing T-SQL scripts, dynamic SQL, complex stored procedures, functions, triggers and SQLCMD.
- Prepared test case, Test scripts from the data mapping documents for semantic views and validated data from source to target.
Environment: ETL, MS SQL, T-SQL, SSMS, Microsoft Office Suite