- Accomplished strategic technology executive with success in leading, planning, architecting, implementing, and deploying cloud and oracle technologies that deliver business growth.
- Expertise in solving complex business problems for global and domestic companies.
- Lead the adoption of emerging technologies by establishing structure and motivating teams to achieve the goals.
- Adept in partnering with business executives in IT investment planning and ROI analysis.
- Wide - ranging technical knowledge includes deep exposure to diverse languages, operating systems, tools, applications, databases, cloud services, middleware, software, and hardware.
- Passionate in adopting cloud and oracle technologies to deliver business values while ensuring data security with cloud vendors.
- Experience in: Retail, Oil & Gas, E-Commerce, Real Estate, Financial Services, Manufacturing, Logistics & Supply Chain, Consumer Goods, Aerospace & Defense, Construction, Automotive, Network & Telecom, Consulting Services, and Healthcare.
AREAS OF EXCELLENCE:
Supply Chain Management / Strategic Planning / DevOps / OBIEE / Change Management / Logistics / PMO Build-Design / PeopleSoft v9.2. / Delivery Management / IT Budgets / Oracle R-12.2 / Oracle FICO / Data Governance / IT Service Desk / AWS Cloud / CRM / SaaS - IaaS - PaaS / Agile Coaching / IT Infrastructure / Cyber Security / IoT Frameworks / Office 365 / Azure Cloud / Oracle HCM / SFDC Solution
Software: Microsoft (Vista, 2003, 2000, XP, NT), Unix, Linux, VAX/VMS, Novell Netware, AS400, Microsoft Exchange, Lotus Notes, Blackberry, BaaN, MAS90/200, Oracle R/12.2, Microsoft SQL Server, Azure, Kafka, Hyperion ESSBase, Business Objects (Crystal Reports), VMWare, C++, J2EE, PHP, XML, HTML, COBOL, EDI, TCP/IP, WAN/LAN, Nokia, HP 4000/9000, MS-Office, MS-Project, MS-Windows, Sun-Solaris, SAP ECC 6.0, NFVi, VIM, MANO/ECOMP/ONAP, Sage, SAML 2.0, iManager PRS, OSS & BSS stack, JIRA, and TQM.
Languages Spoken: English (Native), Japanese (Fluent), Chinese-Mandarin (Basic), Spanish (Basic).
Chief Information Officer and Vice President of Oracle Cloud Solutions
- Led global implementation of a new Single Sign-On strategy for management Cloud based applications such as Salesforce, Workday, Concur, and Office 365.
- Directly managed large system development projects resulting in over 300K mobile applications and supporting Web-based applications for Apple IOS, Android (phone and tablets), Kindle Fire and Blackberry devices for the Confidential .
- Escalation point for program management effort on project upgrade from 220.127.116.11 to Release 12.2.
- Expertise in managing Global Oracle Financials with AR, AP, GL, and Oracle DRM, & MDM.
- Managed over 4 global engagements ensuring Oracle Cloud best practices. Validate and present solutions to include advanced product concepts, future directions, and 3rd-party integrations.
- Established a SAFe process structure, including CICD with a Sprint-based Release Train for Navy.
- Led and subsequently directed the establishment of a large outsourcing transitions and transformation PMO with 75 project managers, 3 program directors, and 5 project coordinators. Established and assessed short and long term managed service strategies purposely to develop and strengthen service quality.
- Tech Lead for Navy’s single global instance of Oracle OPM & HCM w/SharePoint in the process of performing a global upgrade to release 12.1, the footprint included the following messaging techniques: JMS, Sage, REST, SAML 2.0, Oracle WebCenter Content, Tibco, ServiceNow, DevOps, and Cloud AWS.
- Built the transformation roadmap and the portfolio of IT projects (180 Projects across 9 lines of business, representing 13,000 days’ worth of ASCP Project Management effort) navy-wide Oracle R/12 projects.
- Administered and managed operations for over 100,00 high volume complex hosted environments deployed in an Oracle “DaaS/IaaS/SaaS/PaaS” Cloud computing platform and Oracle Cloud Machine.
- Working on and managed DEAMS proof of concept for Yokosuka Navy base. Upgrade Oracle EBS 11.5.10 to Oracle EBS R12.2.5 on Solaris. Integration and upgrade of Oracle Demand Planning and OIM.
- Managed installation, upgrade and support of Oracle DRM & MDM strategies and consulting projects.
- Enables business unit to adopt SaaS and IaaS solutions that deliver business benefits for sales & marketing, finance, product configuration, product engineering, legal, HR, technical support, finance, and M&A.
- Led many CRM implementations, delivering all projects on time and under budget. Rolled out Salesforce.com to over 400,000 users worldwide within 8 months.
- Held P&L responsibility for $400M IT operation with numerous multi-million-dollar projects running concurrently, while monitoring project budgets and expenditures to ensure cost-efficiency project delivery.
- Led Navy wide strategic initiatives including RESTful application integration approach, business intelligence, SaaS, and adoption of Amazon EC2 as a viable IaaS deployment platform.
- Agile Enterprise Coach for twenty (20) highly mature Agile teams within Pre-sales and Supply Chain.
Confidential, Lewisville, Texas
Chief Technology Officer and Vice President of IT & Program Management
- Successfully consolidated over 50 legal entities into 5 global financial service centers using Oracle e-Business Suite saving systems operating costs by 60%. Consolidated 5 U.S. Navy payroll systems into 1 system using ADP payroll services reducing payroll costs by 40%.
- Established, chartered, and chaired Navy’s first technical architecture review board.
- Implemented Business Continuity Plans, Emergency Response Plans & Disaster Recovery Plans.
- Evaluating and overseeing navy-wide reporting and business intelligence deliveries influencing Oracle OBIEE Data Warehousing architecture & design, BI subject areas, BI reporting, data security compliance, and overall solution design ensuring business needs, SLA, and KPI’s across all navy operations to align with enterprise application strategies, strategic imperatives, and IT portfolio roadmap.
- Coached teams, Agile Coaches, Scrum Masters, Business Analysts, Managers, and Executives on Agile values and principals to promote continuous improvement in practices and artifacts.
- Oversaw the design and development of multiple extensions to Oracle Finance modules on user access, menu creations, concurrent manager maintenance, printer setups and user monitoring.
- Developed centralized PeopleSoft-type function for oversight, review, program management and operational integration of all major internal, consultant and outsourcing projects representing approximately $215 million annual expense across multiple countries, outsource vendors, and navy military divisions.
- Designed and implemented Enterprise Application Integration (eAI) from a web front-end to multiple applications using Oracle and Mainframe.
- Developed multiple cloud strategies ranging from Private, Hybrid, and SaaS/PaaS programs.
- Created high level Enterprise conceptual model approved by Confidential IT Governance Board.
- Implemented navy-wide PMO and managed division-wide Program and Project Management function across all business, administrative and military defense systems utilizing Data Warehousing environment.
- Performed an active coaching and mentoring role for an Enterprise program wide Agile implementation.
- Reviewed and approved project plans and charters to ensure they met all business requirements.
Chief Enterprise Architect and Director of IT Systems & Project Management
- Formed a Program Management Office, hired, trained, and managed PMO staff in the delivery of over 500 projects during a 4-year period. Matrix managed architects, engineers, project managers, DBA’s, analysts, consultants, and QA staff.
- Managed the successful implementation of a completely integrated Oracle Project Accounting, Financial, and HR/Payroll system.
- Delivered $55M in productivity savings, proactive controls, infrastructure sustainability, and accelerated BI decisions for procurement, logistics, finance, and engineering departments.
- Established and chaired the PMO Office for strategic decisions, governance, and gap removal.
- Improved PMO reporting precision by 73% by leading team of 75 standardizing work breakdown structures (WBS), earned value management (EVM), and performance measurement baselines (PMB).
- Administered and supported 400+ global development and production Oracle 8, Oracle 8i, MS SQL Server databases including Oracle ERP systems.
- Implemented multi-tiered World-Wide Marketing portal with over 4000 users globally. The site was completed in three months, on time and under budget, saving the Navy over $2M in costs annually.
- Defined and delivered application development in Product Lifecycle Management (PLM), Environmental Health and Safety (EH&S), Business Intelligence, e-Business and HR Management.
- Developed strategy for capacity planning of PMO resources which measured strategic value as well as project size and complexity to determine best fit from a skillset and capacity vantage point.
- Redesigned the project initiation process and integrated IT Committee and Executive Leadership Team oversight into it providing immediate visibility and transparency improvements for all IT-related projects.
- Implemented the Program Management Office (PMO) and streamlined Project Management processes managing a bi-monthly billable portfolio of $20M to $40M.
- Recommend improvements to the Clarity Project Portfolio Management tool reducing day-to-day management and enhanced project reports providing a cleaner view of project and resource data.
- Implemented Change Control Board (CBB), and ITIL concepts and change processes for IT departments.