Visionary and business - savvy IT leader with virtually 20 years of diverse experience in all aspects of IT functions in consulting and corporate environments. Adds value to organizations and small businesses by providing vision and expert advice on the planning, deployment, and implementation of information technology systems to achieve business growth objectives. Deep acumen of the best practices of IT management and a solid background in orchestrating transformative business strategy as well as managing and integrating effective IT strategies into an IT roadmap to drive business optimization.
- IT Operations Management
- Process Improvement
- IT Policy Development and Implementation
- IT Security
- Risk Management
- Business Intelligence
- Team Development and Management
- Systems and Network Architecture
- Disaster Recovery & Business Continuity Planning
- Audit / Compliance
- Data Center Virtualization
- Budget Planning and Resource Management
- Strategic Planning
- MS environments (AD/EX)
- Telephony / PBX / VoIP
- A clear understanding of project management methodologies and experience in defining the requirements, schedule, budgets, and outline for information technology projects to meet and exceed business/organizational needs.
- Always stays abreast of technology advancements and emerging IT trends and excel in overseeing the maintenance, support, and upgrade of IT infrastructure to minimize the risks of system breakdown and improve system features.
- Contract negotiation and management, maintaining strategic partnerships with IT product vendors and service providers.
- Experience in overseeing the integrity and performance testing of information networks and systems to ensure compliance with the required standards.
- Excel in scheduling and coordinating the periodic review of IT systems or operations to identify areas for improvement and implement technical solutions to improve productivity.
- Resourceful and experience in identifying and recommending the technology, infrastructure and process requirements that align with a business strategy to drive improvements in productivity and efficiency.
- Supported 300+ users in a Windows AD domain environment.
- Administered Exchange and Active Directory environment.
- Responsible for 20 physical servers and ~100 virtual servers.
- Converted 22 ‘independent’ remote offices to a WAN over MPLS.
- Overhauled production servers to a more agile virtual environment with centralized SAN storage.
- Installed, configured and administered Citrix XenApp.
- Migrated company email from legacy SOHO system to Microsoft Exchange server.
- Supported all telephony devices, including 3Com NBX, PDAs, BlackBerry (BES), and iPhones.
SENIOR INFRASTRUCTURE CONSULTANT / ARCHITECT
- Established positive relationships with stakeholders and business leaders and provided decision leadership and guidance on the alignment of IT solutions for business process standardization and optimization.
- Demonstrated understanding of change management processes and practices and its importance in creating balanced and stable IT infrastructure.
- Provided expert advice on talent recruitment and evaluation to enable the organization to meet its staffing needs.
- Reduced OpEx networking costs by 40%, meanwhile doubling bandwidth and lowering latency.
- Developed IT methodologies and policies and assumed full ownership of crisis management to ensure business continuity.
- Defined the scope for complex technology projects and coordinated the timely and accurate execution of projects;
- Grew the infrastructure from 4 domestic sites to 13 locations spanning 8 countries around the globe, including AMER, EMEA, and APAC, supporting several Fortune 500 companies such as: Boeing, Facebook, LinkedIn, Tesla
- Trained, coached, mentored and motivated the existing staff to improve their work quality and productivity level.
- Provided oversight on the planning, deployment, and implementation of information technology systems.
- Designed and implemented a cloud-based email archiving, e-Discovery, and Business Continuity solution.
- Designed and implemented a co-location solution for Disaster Recovery.
CONSULTANT / SOLE PROPRIETOR
- Consult for clients on every significant technology spend to create value and drive revenue for their businesses.
- Analyze IT operations of businesses to identify deficiencies as well as recommend and lead continuous improvement projects to improve the functionality of IT systems and maximize business results.
- Formulate an IT strategy and roadmap to actualize the business transformation needs of clients.
- Consult on highly complex IT projects that involve a high degree of risk to drive improvement in business performance.
- Strategies implemented include virtualization, colocation, hosting, and cloud based solutions.
DIRECTOR OF IT INFRASTRUCTURE
- Defined vision and objectives for core IT operational capabilities and the management of the IT architecture, applications, databases, servers, and associated technologies.
- Oversaw the development of risk management strategy and controls to mitigate exposure to technology threats.
- Coordinated the recruitment,, and development of new and current IT personnel to drive the continuous improvement of IT capabilities necessary for achieving improved performance.
- Led the development and implementation of tactical plans, policies, and procedures required to support and enhance daily IT operations.
- Coordinated the planning, monitoring, and allocation of budget for the company’s IT infrastructure and operations.
- Created a clear and scalable IT strategy that aligns with the organization’s goals.
- Developed, led and motivated a high performing IT team capable of delivering ambitious IT goals and benchmarks.
- Perform gap analysis on existing IT infrastructure and spearhead the organization’s technology direction by identifying and implementing technical solutions to meet business requirements.
- Implemented IT solutions using new but effective strategies, such as colocation, cloud, external hosting, and virtualization.