- I have 5+ years of IT experience focusing on Data warehousing, Data modeling, Data integration, Data Migration, ETL process and Business Intelligence.
- Package Software: Expertise in Informatica ETL and reporting tools. Deep understanding of the Data Warehousing SDLC and architecture of ETL, reporting and BI tools.
- ETL: 5 years of Data Warehousing experience using Informatica PowerCenter 8.6/8.4
- Database / ETL Performance Tuning: Broad Experience in Database Development including effective use of Database objects, SQL Trace, Explain Plan, Types of Optimizers, Hints, Indexes, Table Partitions, Sub Partitions, Materialized Views, Global Temporary tables, Autonomous Transitions, Bulk Binds, Capabilities of using Oracle Built - in Functions. Performance Tuning of Informatica Mapping and workflow.
- Data Modeling: 5years of Dimensional Data Modeling experience using Erwin 7.3 and Ralph Kimball Approach, Star/Snowflake Modeling, Data marts, OLAP, FACT & Dimensions tables, Physical & Logical data modeling, and Data Modeling Tools Visio.
- Drawing on Experience in all aspects of analytics/data warehousing solutions (Database issues, Data modeling, Data mapping, ETL Development, metadata management, data migration and reporting solutions) I have been key in delivering innovative database /data warehousing solutions to the Retail, and Finance Industries.
- Strong understanding of Data Modeling (Relational, dimensional, Star and Snowflake Schema), Data analysis, implementations of Data warehousing using Windows and UNIX.
- Developed mappings in Informatica to load the data from various sources into the Data warehouse different transformations like Source Qualifier, JAVA, Expression, Lookup, Aggregate, Update Strategy and Joiner.
- Extensive experience in developing stored procedures, functions, Views and Triggers, Complex queries using SQL Server, TSQL and Oracle PL/SQL.
- Experience in resolving on-going maintenance issues and bug fixes; monitoring Informatica sessions as well as performance tuning of mappings and sessions
- SDLC: 5 years of IT experience in system analysis, design, coding and testing. Extensive experience in the Data Warehousing implementations, Data Migration and ETL for Retail, Product Development, Finance Domain.
- Database Development and Analysis: 5 years of experience in Database Development using mainly Oracle database. Experience with Data Cleansing, Data Profiling and Data analysis. UNIX Shell Scripting, SQL and PL/SQL coding.
- Business Intelligence: 2 years of Business Intelligence experience.
- Superior communication skills, strong decision making and organizational skills along with outstanding analytical and problem-solving skills to undertake challenging jobs. Able to work well independently and in a team by helping to troubleshoot technology and business-related problems.
ETL: informatica 8.x (Power Center/Power Mart/Power Exchange) (Designer, Workflow Manager, Workflow Monitor, Server Manager, Power Connect).
BI & Reporting: Tableau, SAP Business Objects, Reporting Services SQL Server.
Data Modeling: Erwin 7.3, Logical Modeling, Physical Modeling, Relational Modeling, ER Diagrams, Dimensional Data Modeling (Star Schema Modeling, Snowflake Schema Modeling, FACT and Dimensions Tables), Entities, Attributes, Cardinality
Databases: Oracle 10g/9i, MS SQL Server
Others: Unix Shell Scripting, SQL, PL/SQL, ANSI SQL, Transact SQL, SQL*Plus
Environment: UNIX, Windows.
ETL/ Business Intelligence Consultant
- Involved in design, planning, implementation, and the highest level of performance and functionally analyzed the application domains, involved in various knowledge transfers from dependent teams understand the business activities and application programs and document the understandings for internal team referencing.
- Interacted with functional/end users to gather requirements of core reporting system to understand exceptional features users expecting with ETL and Reporting system and also to successfully implement business logic.
- Study of detailed requirement of end users of system their expectations from Applications.
- Involved in the data analysis for source and target systems and good understanding of Data Warehousing concepts, staging tables, Dimensions, Facts and Star Schema, Snowflake Schema.
- Business process re-engineering to optimize the IT resource utilization.
- Integration of various data sources like Oracle 10g, SQL Server, Fixed Width and Delimited Flat Files
- Transformed data from various sources like excel and text files into reporting database to design most analytical reporting system.
- Initiated the data modelling sessions, to design and build/append appropriate data mart models to support the reporting needs of applications.
- Involved in Data Extraction from Oracle and Flat Files using SQL Loader Designed and developed mappings using Informatica.
- Extensively used different types of lookups like Flat file lookup and used debugger to test the mappings and fixed the bugs.
- Involved in fixing of invalid Mappings, Performance tuning, testing of Stored Procedures and Functions, Batches and the Target Data.
- Developed slowly changed dimensions SCD Type 2 for loading data into Dimensions and Facts.
- Involved in Data Extraction from Oracle and Flat Files.
- Using Toad to increase User productivity and application code quality while providing an interactive community to support the user experience.
- Developed and tested all the Informatica mappings, Processes and workflows - involving several Tasks.
- Imported metadata from different sources such as Relational Databases
- Conducted and participated in process improvement discussions and recommending possible outcomes and focused on production application stability and enhancements.
ETL/ Business Intelligence Consultant
- Designed data extraction processes to meet business requirements and data sources.
- Provided technical expertise and guidance for data management, quality and reporting functions.
- Implemented processes for extraction and loading of ETL data into data warehouse.
- Executed procedures for definition and designing of data integration mapping algorithms.
- Effectively used data blending feature in tableau.
- Defined best practices for Tableau report development.
- Created side - by-side bars, Heat Maps and Symbol Maps according to deliverable specifications.
- Consistently attended meetings with the Client subject matter experts to acquire functional business requirements in order to build SQL queries that would be used in dashboards to satisfy the business's needs.
- Worked in Tableau environment to create dashboards like weekly, monthly, daily reports using tableau desktop & publish them to server.
- Created Workbooks and dashboards for analyzing statistical data using Tableau 8.0,8.1
- Developed formatted, complex reusable formula reports and reports with advanced features such as conditional formatting, built-in/custom functions usage, multiple grouping reports in Tableau.
Environment: Informatica Power Center 9.6/9.1/10.2 , Control-M 6.4, Tableau
Confidential, New York, NY
- Working with business users and business analyst for requirements gathering and business analysis.
- Converted business requirement into high level and low-level design.
- Designing and customizing data models for Data warehouse supporting data from multiple sources on real time.
- Extracted data from different flat files, MS Excel, MS Access and transformed the data based on user requirement using Informatica Power Center and loaded data into target, by scheduling the sessions.
- Worked on Informatica Power Center 8.6 tool - Source Analyzer, Data Warehousing designer, Mapping & Mapplet Designer and Transformation Designer. Developed Informatica mappings and also in tuning of mappings for better performance.
- Developed PL/SQL procedures/packages to kick off the SQL Loader control files/procedures to load the data into Oracle.
- Worked with Memory cache for static and dynamic cache for the better throughput of sessions containing Rank, Lookup, Joiner, Sorter and Aggregator transformations.
- Created SSIS Packages to extract data from Excel Files, MS Access files using Pivot Transformation, Fuzzy Lookup, Derived Columns, Condition Split, Term extraction, Aggregate, Execute SQL Task, Data Flow Task, Execute Package Task etc. to generate underlying data for the reports and to export cleaned data from Excel Spreadsheets, Text file, MS Access and CSV files to data warehouse
- Written SQL Scripts and PL/SQL Scripts to extract data from Database and for Testing Purposes.
- Supporting daily loads and work with business users to handle rejected data.
- Developed Interfaces using UNIX Shell Scripts to automate the bulk load & update Processes.
- Executing test scripts to verify actual results against expected results by using Power Connect for source (DB2) validation and Oracle for target validations.
- Stored reformatted data from relational, flat file, XML files using Informatica.
- Implemented data cleansing for files using Informatica and trillium.
Environment: Power Center 8.6.1, Flat files, MS Excel Files, MS Access, Oracle 9i/10g, Erwin 7.3, Power Designer, MS SQL Server 2005/2000, PL/SQL, Unix scripting, Autosys.