Over 20 years of Government and Commercial Information Systems experience to include Project Management and Full Design Life Cycle development on customized Oracle and Commercial Off - The-Shelf Applications.
Senior Data Modeler
- Created Conceptual, Logical and Physical Data Models using ERwin Data Modeling tool for Relational and Dimensional models in Agile development environment
- Created DDL scripts based on current data model and worked with Development team for including in ETL processes used in migrating data to higher environments
- Created PL/SQL Procedures, Functions and Triggers for ETL processes using TOAD
- Performed Data Analysis on source databases to understand government processes and translate into system requirements and technical designs
- Performed analysis and tuning as required for slow running processes
- Provided Design documentation of varying levels of detail to project teams to include Data Model Design, Data Dictionary, Database sizing estimates, and data flow diagrams
- Assisted with software release Testing efforts for both Field and On-line client applications with SQL validation
Environment: Dell Laptop with Windows 10, Citrix
Software: Oracle 12c, CA Erwin 9.7, SharePoint, HP ALM 12.50, JIRA 7.6
Enterprise Data Architect
- Responsible for Conceptual, Logical and Physical Data Modeling using Embarcadero’s ER/Studio for Relational and Dimensional models in a Healthcare environment.
- Generated SQL code to create objects in Database and worked with DBA team to execute and test.
- Worked on multiple project teams to understand project requirements and translate into technical designs.
- Provided Design documentation of varying levels of detail to project teams to include Data Model Design, Data Dictionary, Database sizing estimates, and data flow diagrams.
Environment: Dell Laptop with Windows 10
Software: Oracle 12g, Embarcadero ER/Studio DA 9.5, TOAD, MS Access 2010, Clarity, SharePoint
Lead Data Modeler
- Worked on Data Modeling team responsible for Conceptual, Logical and Physical modeling using ER/Studio Data Architect utilizing both Waterfall and Agile development processes.
- Developed PL/SQL packages, procedures and triggers using TOAD development software.
- Created formal requirements, design, test and implementation documents.
- Worked on the Enterprise Data Governance team responsible for compliance of Enterprise Data standards. Provided leadership to over 150 Data Modelers across 8000 data models.
- Contributed to the Policies and Procedures for the future state Enterprise systems regarding Master Data Management, Data Model, Metadata, Data Exchange and Data Quality standards. This included the creation of the Enterprise Business and Enterprise Data Glossary for standardizing terminology across Confidential . Also designed the current Data Requirements templates and Source to Target Mapping templates.
- Executed project reviews for projects that require Data Quality, Data Model or Data Exchange reviews by reviewing project scope documentation and data requirements and ensuring compliance to Enterprise Data Standards.
- Performed conversion from ERwin data modeling tool to Embarcadero ER/Studio for Enterprise common development platform.
- Provided Administration and support of Embarcadero’s ER/Studio Data Modeling tool to over 150 Data Modelers. Added and removed users as well as creating and assigning security roles to individuals. Logged Problem tickets into Remedy system.
- Responsible for creation of Primary Qualifiers, Class Words, Abbreviations and Super Abbreviations as well as documenting the processes for submitting, reviewing and approving those requests.
- Created the current Named Release procedures to ensure tracking of software releases of Data Models. Provided instruction and Demonstrated the process to Data Model Forum attendees during bi-weekly meeting.
- Developed automated processes to recover lost Attribute Attachments due to a corrupted Enterprise Data Dictionary.
Environment: Dell Laptop with Windows XP
Software: Oracle 12g, Embarcadero ER/Studio DA 9.5, CA ERwin 9.6, TOAD, MS Access 2010, Remedy, SharePoint
IT Data Architect
- Working for Department of Justice, Office of Justice Programs, as the Data Architect.
- Responsible for Open Data Initiative and Smartlogic implementation.
- Lead Taxonomist preparing Taxonomy and Ontology for Smartlogic Semaphore implementation
- Assisting with Development of Enterprise Architecture processes including Business Process Modeling, Performance Measures, and related Technical Performance documentation
Environment: Windows 7, CloudShare
Software: Smartlogic Semaphore 3.6, SharePoint, MS Office 2013
Senior Database Architect
- Worked on the Unified Tracking System (UTS), as the Data Architect/Data Modeler in an Agile Development Environment.
- Responsible for creating Star Schema data warehouse architecture and design using CA ERwin data modeling tool. Provided Source Data Analysis and Master Data Management techniques to eliminate redundant data as well as provided Data Dictionary for associated meta data.
- Provided support to ETL and SAS BI Development team efforts to insure tasks are completed based on the given requirements and Architecture. Tasks involved PL/SQL Development, Reviewing of SAS report specifications, data model support, software release issues, performance tuning, user access support, prioritization of tasks, and working closely with DBA team
- Worked closely with clients, business owners and related Census subject matter experts to gather requirements and translate into technical designs.
- Thoroughly reviewed and expressed technical information to various groups by phone, email, face to face meetings and design documentation written to a wide variety of audiences, both technical and non-technical
- Communicated technical information to various team members: Provided database basics course for UTS Business Owners and test group users with easy to understand graphical representations; Created UTS overview documentation to upper management for use in UTS meetings; Produced the first detailed design documents for the UTS project which are now used as the standards template. Clarified technical details between UTS users and ETL development team by gathering requirements, calling meetings to review details and providing appropriate verbal or written responses.
- Implemented full life cycle development processing utilizing Agile Development methodology
Environment: Windows XP-2007, Linux 5.7
Software: Oracle 11, Oracle Designer, TOAD, SAS BI 9.2, ERwin, SQL*Developer, PVCS, MS Project
Software Support Specialist
- While unemployed, worked as volunteer to support seniors, students and Non-profits by providing, installation and support services of PC’s and Networks.
Associate, Technical Lead - Data Architect
- Technical lead responsible for implementing Data Warehouse ETL processes including Access 2007 to Oracle 10g migration. Implemented full SDLC processes including development and implementation of project plans to include project budgeting and scheduling. Led project planning, analysis, design and development activities
- Completed Star Schema Data Warehouse design and implementation using ER/Studio Data Architect
- Created Development and Design coding and naming standards document for NSF
- Provided technical support and to Development team and System Users
- Technical developer performing Access 2007 to Oracle 10g migration with over 50 tables and 200 relationships using PL/SQL, and related 10g data load tools.
- Created data load processes utilizing SQL Loader, PL/SQL and Unix shell Scripting
- Evaluated and provided recommendations on new database technology and architecture based on current requirements, created supporting documentation and provided to management
- Completed full SDLC development processes and associated documentation using pre-defined templates
Environment: Dell 650, Windows XP-2007, AS400
Software: Oracle 10g-11g, SE-PostgreSQL 8.3, SharePoint PME 2007, TOAD, Embarcadero’s Data Architect 9.0, Project Web Access, Oracle Warehouse Builder 10.2, 11g
Senior Principal/Team Lead
- Responsible for Full Design Life Cycle Development on various Oracle applications following Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) guidelines
- Provided development for Data Migration processes using PL/SQL to generate XML messages and Oracle’s BPEL to gather and send data. Responsible for PL/SQL XML development
- Interpreted Java processes for interacting with calls to Oracle PL/SQL processes
- Implemented project Design following Oracle’s AIM documentation set in combination with Clients Custom Software Design Standards and practices
- Held Engineering Review Board Design, Test and Code inspections as well as holding technical reviews for team coding inspections
- Responsible for creating Log4plsql software logging standards and implementing project wide
- Managed and resolved team code defects utilizing IBM’s ClearQuest tool.
Environment: Unix Sun Solaris 10, Windows XP, Sun Secure Global Desktop
Software: Oracle Ebusiness 10.2.0.3.0 , TOAD 9.0, ClearCase 7.0, ClearQuest 7.0
Senior Architectural Specialist/Staff Manager
- Provided Production Support Development for Medicare Part D program.
- Developed Unix Shell scripts, PL/SQL programs, and data loads. Provided data analysis and reporting.
- Provided technical development of Oracle HR Applications to include project staffing, technical oversight, planning, project budget and status reporting, and Oracle Technical Assistance Resolution tracking
- Completed development on 25 module applications with over 50 consultants on a Global Warehouse application.
- Supported technical proposal development for Business Development team
- Utilized CSC’s Catalyst software development methodology for SDLC processes
Environment: Unix Sun Sparc 5.9, Windows XP
Software: Oracle 9.2, ERwin 4, MMC 20/20 1.9, TOAD 8.6, MS Access 2002