- 12 years of experience in Cognos development and administration; strong expertise with Framework Manager, Report Studio, Query Studio, Analysis Studio, and Cognos Workspace Advanced.
- Highly regarded for outstanding technical, mentoring, and client relationship management skills.
- Proficiency in designing and creating metadata models in Framework Manager.
- Able to leverage and enhance Cognos solutions to optimize competitive positioning for large corporations.
- Draw upon solid communication skills to clarify requirements from users, instruct teams, train new staff, and expeditiously resolve difficult technical challenges.
- Advanced knowledge of troubleshooting and problem analysis methods from end user perspective.
Cognos Analytics 11, Framework Manager; Report Studio; Query Studio; Analysis Studio; Cognos Workspace Advanced; Cognos Connection; Netezza, DB2, Oracle; SQL Server; Windows; Microsoft Project; HTML; VB.NET; Oracle Warehouse Builder
Confidential, Houston, Texas
- Assist in gathering requirements and author supporting documentation.
- Interact with business sponsors to plan scope and timescales for projects.
- Update and enhance existing framework manager.
- Create and enhance existing Cognos Models for new and existing reporting requirements.
- Continued enhancement of reports and tuning for the enterprise reporting system
Confidential, Orlando, Florida
Cognos Solution Consultant
- Orchestrated multiple Cognos v10 BI projects by gathering requirements, performing detailed needs analysis, designing cutting - edge front-end solutions, coordinating implementation, and providing ongoing support.
- Clarified KPIs to accurately measure business growth while controlling risks and resolving issues.
- Closely partnered with peers, offshore team members, and other IT staff on support and project tasks.
- Actively promoted state-of-the-art BI solutions and capabilities to business user community to maximize company’s competitive advantage and business value.
- Established, nurtured, and maintained positive interactions with end users and business leaders to provide influential solutions to reporting and analytical needs, essential to meeting company’s revenue goals.
- Drove high-impact process improvements by providing extensive Cognos training to business users.
Confidential, Irving, Texas
Cognos Architect / Senior Cognos Administrator
- Clarify requirements from users, train new or junior-level staff, and provide direction to team members.
- Install and configure Cognos Analytics V11 components in a distributed platform, administer Cognos TM1, and deliver ongoing support for production and non-production environments.
- Govern security aspects such as diligent maintenance of folders, packages, and report access.
- Seamlessly migrate reports and packages from development through to UAT and production.
Cognos Administrator / Senior Cognos Developer
- Joined forces with business analysts, product managers, and end users to precisely define business rules.
- Systematically structured technical design document for Report Studio based on functional specifications.
- Developed Framework Manager based on best practices to support report generation and maintenance.
- Troubleshot challenging query issues during report development including comparing tabular data from Cognos queries with Netezza queries on data warehouse database.
- Proactively teamed with data source owners in determining security access and authorization rules.
- Trained, educated, and advised ad hoc query users, business author, and professional author in best practices.
Senior Lead Developer
- Created models and packages, and published packages to Cognos Connection.
- Resourcefully applied security for Framework Manager packages and query subjects.
- Prepared technical design document for Report Studio reports based on functional specifications.
- Used Report Studio to formulate list, cross tab, drill-through, master-detail, chart and complex reports featuring multiple prompts, conditional formatting, and conditional blocks.
- Efficiently processed service requests for modification or changes in existing Report Studio reports and Framework Manager models following upgrade to Cognos 10.1.
Business Intelligence Lead
- Determined BI needs and leveraged Cognos tools to frame data model for report developers.
- Mentored and coached report developers while cooperating with multi-disciplinary staff to deliver solutions.
- Gathered information from business users and SMEs regarding existing Cognos architecture and reports.
Reporting Technical Lead
Confidential, Minneapolis, MN
- Led design of six new Cognos reports featuring complex calculations which successfully decreased man hours required to calculate rebate.
- Partnered with Cognos architecture team to enhance performance of existing reports resulting in expedited and more accurate decision-making activities by management.
- Prepared user-friendly instructional manuals and trained staff in use of new solution.
Consultant / Business Analyst
Confidential, Philadelphia, PA
- Functioned as Subject Matter Advisor/Lead for all development efforts in Cognos 8.4: Analysis Studio, Report Studio, Query Studio.
- Directed design and development of Framework Manager model and provided technical leadership to Confidential offshore resources.
Confidential, Sacramento, CA
Senior Consulting Analyst / Business Analyst
- Analyzed, documented and mapped requirements to customer use cases, generated functional and technical designs, and built and tested reports using Cognos Report Studio and Query Studio.
- Migrated reports developed in Cognos 8.2 to Cognos 8.4.1, performed code reviews of Cognos 8.4.1 reports developed by other project team members, and swiftly resolved defects.
- Applied considerable leadership talents toward training, mentoring and motivating offshore team of five in Cognos Reports, achieving excellent cost savings by reducing need for costly in-house labor.