- A motivated and self - driven BI, Analytics and Cloud Architect/Manager with wide exposure to multiple Cloud and BI platforms.
- 15+ years of experience delivering Data Warehousing, BI and Analytics solutions for fortune 500 organizations.
- Adept in translating complex Business and Functional requirements into Architecture blueprints
- Extensive experience with Cloud technologies on both AWS and Azure.
- Expert in Requirements gathering, Project Management and Agile (Scrum, XP, CI/CD).
- Skilled at Data modeling (Kimball, Inmon, Dimension-Fact tables, Star & Snowflake)
- Deft in Data Wrangling, Data Visualization and Insight generation for large data sets.
- Experienced in Machine Learning and Predictive Modelling to drive insights/recommendations
- Extensive database experience - Teradata, Oracle, SQL Server (SSAS, SSIS), DB2, SAP HANA
- Experienced in Data Modeling, Data Dictionary and Metadata Management.
- Adept in business presentations, demos and reporting to C-level executives.
Languages: Python (Pandas, Sklearn, Numpy, StatsModel), R, SAS, VB/ASP, COBOL, Java
Databases: Teradata, SQL Server, Oracle 11g/12c, MS Access, SAP HANA, DB2
Tools: SAS Miner, QC, Clear Quest, VSS, Git, SVN, ERWIN, Informatica
BI Reporting: Power BI, Microstrategy, Qlikview, Tableau, Cognos
Management: MS Project Plan, MS Visio, JIRA, Rally, Version One, IBM RTC, MS Office
Algorithms: kNN, Random Forests, Naïve Bayes, Clustering, Text Mining, Regression, SVM
Cloud & Big Data: AWS S3, IAM, Lambda, Cloudwatch, CLI, RDS Aurora, Glue, Athena, Azure Data Lake Storage, CLI, AzCopy, Data Catalog, Azure ML Service, Power BI
Enterprise BI Architect
- Leading rollout of Power BI Service (Desktop & Cloud) and Dashboards across entire Confidential, including visualizations, parameterized reports, Power BI Gateways, security and governance.
- Leading data modernization initiatives for moving on premise data sources (SQL Server, ADABAS) to Cloud using AWS RDS (Aurora MySQL).
- Leading implementation of spend data categorization and tagging using Machine Learning algorithms on both AWS (Informatica, CLI, AWS S3, Glue, Sagemaker, Athena, IAM) and Azure (Informatica, AzCopy, Data Lake Storage, Azure ML Service, PowerBI Dataflows).
- Implemented server-less architecture using Lambda functions, S3 event triggers, Glue crawler etc.
- Lead Architect for design and delivery of data models and dashboards/reports for HR and Finance areas (Payroll, Benefits, Talent Acquisition etc.) using SAP BW, HANA and Power BI.
- Led PoC for Directquery connection to SAP HANA from Power BI as well as enabling SSO (Single Sign-on) using Kerberos.
- Helped Confidential understand Power BI Premium pricing model and capacity they should go for.
- Worked on connecting Power BI to Cloud data sources on AWS (Amazon RDS, Athena etc.)
- Led the setting up of Power BI gateway servers, configuration of the actual gateways and administration of the Cloud gateways (adding data sources, admins, users etc.)
- Leading integration of Wheelock College’s HR & Finance data into Confidential data warehouse and downstream reports and dashboards.
BI Program Manager
- Led the integration of CEB Global (acquired by Confidential in 2017) enterprise Data Warehouse (SQL Server) and BI reporting platform into Confidential warehouse/reporting (Oracle/Power BI).
- Led the migration of SQL Server and Oracle Data Marts to Cloud (AWS Aurora).
- Engaged with diverse stakeholders (Sales, Finance, HR, R&D, Legal) including C-level executives to understand requirements/pain-points and collaborate on solutions.
- Led the development of new Self-Service BI capabilities to align with strategy and roadmap.
- Led transformation and enhancement of existing OBIEE reports into Power BI and SSDT.
- Led data exploration from source systems, UX/UI design, POCs, JAD sessions.
- Successfully moved PI Call-Center reporting off SQL Server 2005/Win2003, which resulted in savings of over $2 million for the client in licensing.
- Helped the client rationalize 300+ reports into 15 Dashboards and around 60 reports.
- Worked with Directors, VPs etc. to translate business requirements into architectural blueprint.
- Created data dictionary, source to target mapping and dimensional data models.
- Responsible for design of Teradata ETL architecture, Wireframes for Dashboards/Reports and performance tuning and change management of ETL components.
- Responsible for designing the data strategy, data quality process, data profiling and cleansing.
- Led the technology team in building reports, dashboards, custom calculations, POCs etc.
- Created User Stories and Feature documentation in Rally as well as Test Plan/Strategy.
- Participated in Feature/Sprint planning, Feature demos to CIOs, VPs and Operations heads.
- Ensuring Data Governance, Code reusability and lineage across systems.
BI Program Manager
- Led Tableau BI reporting projects for identifying Cross-Brand partnership opportunities.
- Developed Logical & Physical data models for merging data from multiple source systems with different underlying technologies (SQL Server and Hadoop/Hive) into Teradata.
- Led Prediction model development which led to 15% reduction in account cancellations.
- Led implementation of customer segmentation enabling targeted marketing (Travel, Lifestyle etc.)
- Mined text in ‘R’ to identify customer sentiment, resulting in 20% reduction in complaint emails.
- Gathered requirements from CCO and Compliance team and create User Stories in JIRA.
- Analysed the source systems to identify and create interface designs for the feeds.
- Led dimensional modeling for Customer classes Asset types etc.
- Coming up with Test Plans and Reconciliation reports for various US Confidential .
- Coordinating delivery of UAT and Production releases that met the Acceptance Criteria .
- Reporting the Project progress & Delivery Metrics to both Client and Wipro higher management.
Technical Project Manager
- P articipating in SoW negotiations and renewals as well as RFI, RFP responses.
- Review Interface Designs, Test Plans, HLD/LLD documents, WBS estimates etc.
- Responsible for governance, status reporting, invoicing/billing and overall customer satisfaction.
- Ensuring Quality Adherence and presenting Weekly, Monthly Status Reports to top management.
- Leading all project closure activities (Completion Report, Best Practices, Customer Feedback etc.)
- Managing Team Utilization, Quarterly Demand & Supply, Costing & Billing and Profit & Loss.