30+ years of experience in Software Development. Combined 12 years’ experience in Banking, Mortgage Banking and Financial Services. Experienced in Aerospace, Automotive, Hospitality/Tourism, Agribusiness,, Healthcare and Government . Concentrated in Systems Analysis, Data Modeling, Data Science, Data Engineering, Business Processes and Project Management.
SKILLS / KNOWLEDGE:
- Analysis / Design
- Development / Testing
- Implementation / Integration
- Business Requirements Document
- Functional and Technical Specifications
- UAT /QA / Test Plans
- Business Process Modeling Notation (BPMN) / IBM System Architect
- IBM DOORS / HP Quality Center
- IBM Requisite Pro
- Change Control Management
- Strategic Planning / KPIs
- Adobe Photoshop / Illustrator / Lightroom
- Tableau Desktop / Tableau Server
- Erwin / PowerDesigner / Visio / Data Modeling
- SSIS / SSAS / SSRS / SPSS
- Oracle / MS - SQL Server
- Business Objects / Crystal Reports
- MS-Visio / MS-PowerPoint
- ER / DM / BI
- Conceptual, Logical and Physical Data Models
- Reverse / Forward Engineering / Derived Models
- Informatica /ETL
- Java, VB, .NET, ASP, VBA, XML, Java Script FoxPro, Brio, Toad,
- Lending Regulations
- Credit Underwriting
- Loan Origination
- Project Management
- Project Planning
- CRM & ERP
- Develop and Motivate Others
- Solutions Oriented
- Strong Analytical and Critical Thinking Skills
- Excellent Organization Sills
- MS-Access / MS-Excel
- MS-Project / Primavera
- Waterfall /Agile / Scrum
- Empower / Finance Center
- MS-Office 365
Confidential, El Segundo
Vice President, Business Systems Analyst
- Provided Systems Analysis, Data Architecture, Data Engineering, Data Analysis and Data Modeling support for the Analytics Group which includes optimizing processes for data quality, data control, data modeling and data intake, mining, modeling, validation, and visualization for the purposes ensuring consistent, high-quality, data-based solutions.
- Provided analysis, design, development and data architecture & engineering support for the Modeling and Analytics Business Systems Group, which included the analysis and re-design of the data models used for predictive models, business processes and systems used by the Credit Loan Center. The Predictive models and business processes included Commercial Credit Scoring, Commercial Early Warning, Consumer Early Warning, and Abbreviated Renewals. Supported systems included Finance Center (loan origination system) aka HCL CapitalStream, FairIsaac LiquidCredit Decision Manager, Microbilt, LexisNexis Risk Management Solutions, Experian NetConnect, Experian BusinessIQ, and Dun & Bradstreet.
- Provided expert analysis, design & architecture support for the systems used by City Loan Center (CLC), primarily the commercial and consumer loan origination system “Finance Center”. Provided expert BI support for additional systems. Provided expert business intelligence assistance to business units & users with application, development, problem resolution, ongoing maintenance and reporting requirements. Lead system change efforts including discovery and requirements workshops; wrote business requirements and systems configuration (Finance Center). Provided systems customization, which included java script, xml and jsp (java server page) changes and assisted with user acceptance testing and . Supported ad-hoc reporting requests and used Oracle SQL Developer, MS-SSIS, MS-Access, MS-SQL, SAP Business Objects and SAP Crystal Reports.
- Performed the combined roles of a Data Architect, Data Engineer, Data Analyst and SQL Developer. Mapped the entities and business process to data models. Created Databases and data models to test and prototype BI & DW solutions. Improved data visualization performance by redesigning data models and data sources. Performed data extraction, data transformation and data loading from the Loan Origination & Credit Analysis Systems and provided optimized data models for Analytics applications. Performed reverse & forward engineering and built conceptual, logical and physical data models. Wrote new PL-SQL Queries, improved and customized legacy queries to be used as data sources for data visualization applications. Implemented systems, programmed SQL queries, performed tasks of a Database Administrator by creating schemas, users, tablespaces, tables, views, functions and stored procedures. Reviewed existing tables, views, functions and stored procedures. Analyzed, re-designed, developed and tested current tables, views, functions and stored procedures and provided improved database re-design.
- Analyzed, Designed and proposed the creation & implementation of an architecture for Oracle mirror/replica database for Analytics, Business Intelligence & Reporting. Performed risk & issues impact analysis and mitigation plans. Proposed the change for the reporting environment from production to real-time mirror/replica instance. Conducted Business Process Modeling, data model & analysis and design of the new MS-SQL Server Database to host the new proposed Architecture, Reporting Solutions Project & the Reporting Database. Proposed better infrastructure and “blueprint” for Data Management to accommodate applications for Analytics. Built new framework and improved existing working framework for data search and retrieval to support the Analytics Group by providing better visualization, design and prepared data in a combination of framework that met the requirements of the Analytics Group.
- Analyzed, designed, developed, tested and implemented ETL Processes from the Finance Center production database to the New Architecture & Report Solutions Database. The New Report Solutions included the creation of ETL processes based on the “To Be Architecture”, real time Mirror/Replica Oracle Database and the new MS-SQL Database. Built automated ETL & Reporting prototypes and used Oracle SQL Developer to write PL-SQL queries to extract data from Production and export to MS-Excel files. Used SSIS and built SSIS packages and SQL Tasks to import, transform and load data from exported data sources into MS-SQL Server 2014 databases. Built SAP Crystal Reports and SAP Crystal Dashboards based on the new loaded, transformed and populated tables. Built the New Report Solution Project Plan & To Be Architecture. Built PowerPoint Presentations of the New Report Solution Architecture project and conducted the presentation & walkthrough for Managers and Directors.
- Introduced and proposed the use of Tableau as a data control and data visualization to the Analytics Manager. Proposed the acquisition of Tableau Desktop & Tableau Server as Data Visualization Repository for Reporting and Data Visualization. Participated in the initial Tableau Desktop Discovery pilot and helped develop the initial prototype Dashboards. Reverse engineered the original queries used to create the City Loan Center SAP Business Objects and built a prototype of the Finance Center data model in Tableau reducing the data extraction from 20 minutes to 2 minutes. Documented the Finance Center current data model.
- Analyzed, design, developed, tested and implemented the Business Systems Production Support Database to track the daily production support activities of the Business Systems team. Integrated the database with the City Loan Center Business Systems Outlook Mailboxes to systematically track all activities. Analyzed, designed and developed a Prototype based on the Advisory Deck Strategic Reports which included the ETL process, a sample Crystal Report Dashboard and Sample Crystal Reports. Participated in several discussions with the IT Group (BATS) to determine cost, time, feasibility, proposed architecture, implementation strategy and roles. Performed Cost Benefit Analysis. Created the Consumer PCC Early Warning Historical Database and the Commercial Early Warning Historical Database based on the scored excel flat files from July 2011 through September 2017. Built tables, views and report objects in a temporary SQL Server 2014 environment. Created SSIS projects to automate the extraction, transformation and loading the data from source databases into destination databases. Created conceptual, logical and physical data models for data analysis using MS-Excel data sources and MS-Access databases. Applied both reverse engineering and forward engineering to create new data models.
- Created the City Loan Center (CLC) Data Repository. Converted the MS-SQL Server Commercial Early Warning & Consumer PCC Early Warning Historical databases into Oracle. Participated in drafting the BATS (It Group) Project Profile and collaborated with BATS on the architecture and migration process. Developed and wrote all PL-SQL scripts used by BATS to create the Commercial Early Warning Database and Consumer PCC Early Warning Database and insert the data in the new databases in the CLC Data Repository. Tested and validated the created databases. Performed data validations on the City Loan Center Data Repository that was created for the Early Warning and worked with the IT group to resolve issues discovered during validation. Analyzed, designed and developed a prototype for the full automation of the Commercial Early Warning process as well as the Consumer Early Warning.
- Wrote BRDs (Business Requirements Document) and PCRs (Product Change Request), Functional & Technical Specifications and Test Plans for the Automation of the Early Warning Systems. Wrote functional and technical PCR’s (Product Change Request) for fixes, changes and enhancements once preferred solution had been identified. Built, designed and implemented the Analysis, Design, UAT & QA templates for requirements gathering, project management, reporting, ETL, and change control systems. Implemented the Analysis methodology & support templates, which included BRDs, Functional & Technical Specifications, Functional & Technical Progress Reports, Reporting, ETL and UAT templates. Drafted and presented the Business Requirements Document, Functional and Technical Specifications for the CLC Reports Solution which included the “As Is” Analysis, Impact and Risk Analysis, Architecture Analysis and Design and Project Plan templates.
- Built Business Process Modeling Notation diagrams and modeled current business process for Credit Analysis. Conducted data analysis, data modeling and identified data & process gaps. Built “As Is” and “To Be” architecture diagrams. Created a “Sand Box” database to analyze, design, develop and test data sources and data models for the Analytics applications. Reverse Engineered and improved legacy queries and decomposed existing SQL functions to improve runtime. Inventoried all reports being used by City Loan Center. Trained summer interns to read and write SQL queries, reverse engineer and document the data models for Finance Center reports and convert and publish these reports into Tableau workbooks to be published to the Tableau Server.
- Created & Maintained Subject Areas to map subset data models to each report and applications. Created and tested Master Views and Source Tables in the City Data & Finance Center Test Environments that was used as the basis for the future Tableau Reports with live connections for Real-Time Reporting. Created a database & applications and provided real time intelligence & reports on the Loan Origination System Issues Management & Support performed by analysts. Proposed the change of the current Critical Reports process from Single User Database to Client-Server & Web based application by adopting Tableau & Tableau Server.
- Installed Crystal Dashboard, Crystal Reports, MS-SQL Server, SSIS, SSRS and Oracle Tools and Databases instances for analysis, design, development and testing purposes. Installed Oracle Tools including Oracle Instant Client v11.2, JDK, Oracle ODBC and Oracle SQL Developer for both functional and technical teams. Customized current Oracle PL-SQL Queries. Installed a full Oracle Database v12.1 for developers, report writers, business systems analyst, managers and database users.
- Supported and assisted the management team with project planning, project documentation, project definition, requirements definition, analysis, design, testing, system documentation and user . Acted as technical liaison between the Analytics Group and the IT Group. Provided, delivered and maintained project management & progress reports, metrics and deliverables tracking. Provided status report and tracking progress assistance and functional & technical support to the Analytics Group Manager.
- Performed Business Process Analysis and Business Process Modeling. Used Erwin, Sybase PowerDesigner and MS-Visio to capture as is and to be processes & architectures. Provided Data Modeling expertise and assisted both the Analysis and Development teams in the design and implementation of Business and Physical data models. Designed conceptual, logical and physical data and business models using Erwin and MS-Visio. Analyzed, designed, developed, tested and implemented an Oracle Data Dictionary and a Change Control System for the Analytics & Business Groups. Researched, analyzed, evaluated and proposed enterprise solutions such as SharePoint, SAS and Tableau for the Analytics & Reporting Group.
- Provided Finance Center production support. Provided Database and ETL . Trained colleagues in PL-SQL, SQL Developer, Tableau, Crystal Reports, SSRS, MS-Access, and Analysis, Design, Development & Testing methodologies.
- Provided Expert Tableau Knowledge and in: How to use different data sources as data connection; How to use filters on data source level; How to build tables and details; How to build calculated fields using dimensions and measures; How to build filters, parameters and graphs; How to integrate Tableau objects using Dashboards for complete and dynamically display of data visualization; How to export tableau files and how to publish Tableau workbooks to the Tableau server; How to create and share extracts and data sources. How to use data models and custom SQL as data sources.
- Converted current Operational Reports into Tableau Dashboards. Improved “legacy queries” used by the current reports. Built a KPI Dashboard to visualize all Service Level Agreements (SLAs) loans using dynamic YoY Period Analysis with Statistical, Volume and Financial Analysis. Performed Data Quality Services, which included Data Quality Projects for Data Cleansing, Data Matching and Data Profiling.
- Interviewed candidates, provided feedback about interviewed candidates to manager. Trained new hires and interns in PL-SQL, Tableau, MS-Access. Assigned tasks to trainees and provided trainee progress report to manager. Performed the installation of Oracle Client, SQL Developer, ODBC Connections and Tableau for new and current colleagues.
- Provided data analysis, technical and functional support for the report analysts and other analysts responsible for providing analytic support across various stages of the credit risk lifecycle (e.g. from origination to portfolio monitoring) and with varying levels of support ranging from one-time projects to ongoing processes.
- Worked with Business Users and defined and documented explicit data requirements for both routine and non-routine data collection and analysis activities. Identified data quality issues and concerns and supported data governance initiatives. Conducted on-going analysis of the business, operating practices, and data flows within and between various systems and applications. Wrote PL/SQL queries on various source systems, data marts and data warehouse. Identified trends and anomalies in the data in support of the requirements for various strategic, tactical and operational projects. Served as Subject Matter Expert on Operational Data Warehouse, Data Models & Data Sources used by the City Loan Center. Analyzed, designed and developed various analytical business reports on a regular basis and participate in advisory and oversight meetings.
- Fostered and maintained good working relationships with colleagues and met expected customer service levels. Recognized as Above and Beyond performer several times by Manager and Colleagues . Developed and maintained a positive, productive, and professional relationships with key business partners and met expected customer service levels. Worked remotely and performed all assigned projects and tasks within schedule. Complied fully with all Bank Operational policies and procedures as well as all regulatory requirements.
- Used Tableau, Tableau Server, Oracle 12.1, Oracle SQL Developer, MS-SQL Server 2014, MS-Visual Studio, MS-2013 Shell, SSIS, SSRS, Analysis Services, R, Python, SPSS, MS-DQS, SAP Crystal Reports 2013, SAP Crystal Dashboard, SharePoint, SQL Server Profiler, Sybase PowerDesigner, Brio, MS-Visio, MS-Access, MS-Excel, MS-PowerPoint.
Business Systems Analyst
- Performed tasks related to the logical database design, data analysis, and data profile & quality. Provided support for the Data Architecture team for the creation of the Remarketing Data Base. Built logical data process and systems models. Built data dictionary, analyzed, profiled and monitored system data quality. Maintained naming standards, data interchanged standards and metadata definitions. The scope included third party solutions and services, web based applications, operational transactional systems (OLTP), operational database (ODS), Data Warehousing and Data Marts and associated middleware and metadata repositories. Converted Visio diagrams into IBM”s Systems Architect.
- Analyzed, designed, developed, tested and implemented an integrated Global Remarketing system for the Remarketing Business Group. This is a new system that provided Remarketing with Supply Chain Analytics and Business Intelligence for the Vehicle Life Cycle, Global Inventory and Export for both Lease and Fleet products. Provided complete analysis of the Remarketing factors used to protect residual values. Provided near real-time visibility of supply and demand factors, which included both history and projected data for S&OP and S&OE. Provided analytical support for the Supply Chain Planning (Demand, Replenishment and Inventory Planning, Order Promising, Mfg. Planning & Scheduling), S&OP (Hierarchy Mgmnt., Process Mgmnt. & Collaboration, Supply Chain Modeling, Scenario Mgmnt., Financial Impact Analysis, Performance Mgmnt. and Project Planning), and S&OE (Order Mgmnt., Inventory Mgmnt. & Logistics).
- Developed, wrote and reviewed Business Requirements Documents for all in scope work effort. Provided accurate, detailed and quality documentation. Provided business, conceptual and logical data models. Performed process and metadata analysis and modeling. Designed system wireframes and mockups. Conducted business, functional and technical walkthroughs with business customers and both functional and technical teams. Provided accurate estimates of efforts and maintained progress reports to management.
- Performed and completed research that met business and systems standards and requirements. Conducted user interviews, analyzed business needs and proposed system solutions. Assisted users to define and refine scope, vision, assumptions and requirements. Developed and maintained test plans, use cases and use acceptance tests. Followed project methodology and PMO standard guidelines.
- Translated business and user requirements into system requirements and functionalities. Reviewed and approved project documentation, which included estimates, business requirements, design documents, technical documents, test plans, and test results. Wrote BRDs, Functional Specifications and Technical Specifications. Wrote Test Case Plans for UAT and assisted technical team in QA. Provided QA progress reports to management.
- Conducted data gap analysis and process improvement analysis. Analyzed current business processes and provided recommendations and proposed technical/non-technical solutions to meet business requirements. Worked with the ETL team and provided functional & technical specifications for data mappings, data source, data transformations and data loading analysis and scripts.
- Performed Business Process Analysis and Business Process Modeling. Used IBM’s System Architect to capture as is and to be processes. Provided Data Modeling expertise and assisted both the Analysis and Development teams in the design and implementation of Business and Physical data models. Designed conceptual, logical and physical data and business models using IBM System Architect and MS-Visio. Built an automated Insurance Product Sales web based application for the Sales & Products Business group. Integrated the application with TFS current applications and third party applications and services.
- Used IBM’s System Architect, Sybase PowerDesigner, DOORS, IRISE, SharePoint, MS-Project, MS-Visio, MS-Access, Informatica, MS-PowerPoint, MS-Word and MS-Excel.
Confidential, Torrance, CA
Senior Applications Analyst - Oracle
- Managed and tracked technical & functional tasks, deliverables and milestones. Performed data analysis and delivered conceptual, business and logical data models for the Distributor Policies Administration’s integration with several other web based applications. Provided ETL analysis and design for both ER and Dimensional databases and ensured correct data mapping for Business Intelligence and Data Warehouse applications.
- Built a data dictionary, wireframes and system mockups. Provided process, system documentation, and trained users. Contributed with the implementation of new methodologies and enhanced existing templates and forms to improve all Information System initiatives and performance. Trained and mentored both functional and technical teams. Used UML, ADF, Oracle 11g, Primavera, MS-Project, Crystal Reports, MS-SharePoint, Oracle SQL Developer v4.0, MS-Visio, Sybase PowerDesigner and Java 1.7.5.
- Provided support to the ITIL project to analyze, design and implement the IT Infrastructure Library using DPA’s most recent implementations for the taxonomy, terminology and rules content to be applied to the full life cycle of services provided by the DPA to Herbalife.
- Assisted developers with ETL design and Data Management & Profile during the planning phase of the project. Educated business users and SMEs and applied Ralph Kimball’s methodology. Recommended Star schema enhancements and snowflake design as per the need of BI users.
- Supported and assisted the client with project planning, project documentation, project definition, requirements definition, analysis, design, testing, system documentation and user . Acted as liaison between the PMO and business, technical & functional staffs at all levels.
- Analyzed, designed, developed, tested, implemented and documented a Global Document Management tool & web based application for the Distributors Policies Administration department of Herbalife. Designed the web based application “from scratch”, which included the Creation and Management of Table of Contents, Content Approval process, Project and Tasks Management modules and the Translated Table of Contents process.
- Created current and future state models. Modeled new process designs into usable formats for project managers and developers. Compiled and created the appropriate business requirements and design documents. Used Functional & Technical Specifications document to translate business requirements into systems functionalities. Ensured business solutions, systems functionalities and data models supported the targeted business needs.
- Provided ETL analysis and design for both ER and Dimensional databases and ensured correct data mapping for Business Intelligence, third party’s data objects and Data Warehouse applications. Converted Erwin and MS-Visio diagrams into Sybase PowerDesigner.
- Provided project management services related to the design, planning and implementation of the enterprise wide integration between Distributors Policies Administrations and other impacted Business Units and IT Assets. Provided support and assisted DBA’s, developers and system architects with requirements, functionalities and data architecture. Coordinated all activities that involved business, functional and technical teams related to project planning, scope definition and tasks assignment.
- Wrote the Business Requirements Document, Functional & Technical Specifications and UAT Test Cases & Plan. Conducted Joint Analysis Development meetings with functional, technical and Subject Matter Experts. Performed “as is” analysis and designed “to be” model. Designed business process diagrams, UI wireframes and mockups. Built data models, provided a data dictionary and delivered data field mappings. Defined a matrix with user security, access, roles and privileges.
- Managed & coordinated technical and functional teams. Provided managerial reports using Crystal Reports, MS-Access and PowerPoint. Delivered and maintained project management reports, metrics and deliverables tracking. Provided status report and tracking progress assistance and functional & technical support to the PMO. Managed integration of customized modules and related conversions, workflow and reports.
- Conducted meetings and made data models & process presentations & walkthroughs with Business Users, SMEs, Deliverable Managers, DBA’s, developers, QA and functional teams. Ensured data compliance with the Corporate & Information Security, Compliance & Legal Groups.
- Assisted the PMO with project planning and scope definition. Managed and tracked technical & functional tasks, deliverables and milestones. Facilitated problem solving for design users and participated and monitored testing of the business solutions and ensured that system deliverables and process design met business goals. Provided content/process expertise to the team during design of materials. Partnered with Business Manager(s) in conducting acceptance testing and evaluated project results (measurements and quality).
Confidential, Lake Forest, CA
Senior Applications Analyst - Oracle / Senior Data Engineer
- Provided process analysis, business, conceptual logical and physical data modeling. Ensured business solutions, systems functionalities and data models supported the targeted business needs and complied with Legal and Information Security. Conducted meetings, presentations and process & data models walkthroughs to third party vendors, business users, managers, and both functional and technical teams.
- Clearly defined business requirements and objectives into understandable terms using pseudo-code, data flow analysis, Entity Relationship Diagrams and Dimensional Modeling Diagrams. Designed business, conceptual, logical and physical data models. Assisted in reverse engineering process when needed.
- Used ERWIN, Visio and Sybase PowerDesigner for process and data modeling and implemented a data dictionary and naming standards. Created and managed existing data marts, created logical, physical and conceptual models. Performed forward and reverse engineering of the database, complete compare and version control. Educated business and recommended Ralph Kimball’s methodology to design Star schema and snowflake design. Architected the ETL design and Data Management during the planning phase of the project.
- Architected the history data to support slowly changing dimensions, to avoid capacity issues and to minimize data management. Provided a task progress communication matrix to Managers, DBA’s, developers, QA and functional teams.
- Participated and monitored testing of the business solutions and ensured that system deliverables and processes designs met the business goals. Partnered with QA, Business Users & Managers, Functional & Technical Teams and conducted User Acceptance Tests (UAT).
- Provided project management support to Corporate Audit Services and Quality Control Management. Performed Corporate Audit Work Flow Analysis. Analyzed, designed, developed and implemented automated ETL processes to populate Quality Control Reports. Created and provided updated reports to Board, Governance, Auditors and Federal regulators.
- Managed and implemented automated ETL processes to extract Issue Control information data from corporate web base application to populate Quality Control Management and Audit Reports. Managed Business Line Issue Control requests. Developed operational reports to assist daily processes and provided management reports with trends and summary analysis. Designed reports templates to capture business requirements, metadata and data model applied to reports.
- Analyzed, designed and coordinated the implementation and integration of a Strategy/BSC (Balanced Scorecard Collaborative) Web Portal, with Hospitality & Financial applications using Java 2EE, Informatica, Oracle 9i and MS-SQL Server 2008 in a global environment (including U.S., South Africa, Brazil and other countries in South America).
- Designed BSC framework, strategic maps and strategy alignment with perspectives. Designed key performance indicators of success, strategic initiatives and actions. Conducted interviews with Executive Branches and Business Units to define the Mission, Values, Vision and Strategy. Assisted Subject Matter Expert to identify and create targets, initiatives, actions and measurements of success. Built templates to be used in the identification, allocation and prioritization of Initiatives, Targets and Measurements. Applied scoring model to the criteria and initiative templates.
- Gathered requirements from Subject Matter Expert and conducted JAD sessions with super users, business units and functional & development teams. Performed workflow analysis of existing process and identified streamlined opportunities. Recommended systems enhancements and redesigned current functionalities to improve performance and productivity. Assessed impact of changes to processes and/or systems.
- Conducted SDLC Gap Analysis, provided cost benefit analysis, built metrics, and measurement programs. Recommended and planned information technology to support and meet company objectives based on current research and evaluation. Translated process designs and requirements into usable systems-related information, models and documentation to be applied as new systems functionalities. Clearly defined business requirements and objectives into understandable terms using pseudo-code, data flow analysis, Entity Relationship Diagrams and Dimensional Modeling Diagrams. Designed business, conceptual, logical and physical data models. Assisted in reverse engineering process when needed.
- Participated and monitored testing of the business solutions and ensured that system deliverables and processes designs met the business goals. Partnered with QA, Business Users & Managers, Functional & Technical Teams and conducted User Acceptance Tests (UAT).
- Provided project management support to Corporate Audit Services and Quality Control Management. Performed Corporate Audit Work Flow Analysis. Analyzed, designed, developed and implemented automated ETL processes to populate Quality Control Reports.
- Conducted program reviews, presentations and meetings and preparing effective written communication. Used Oracle 9i & 11, PL-SQL, MS-SQL 2205 & 2008, T-SQL, DTS, and SSRS, Informatica, Sybase Power Designer, Visio, Erwin, MS-Project 2003, SharePoint, MS-PowerPoint 2003, MS-Word 2003, MS-Visio Professional 2003, MS-Outlook 2003, Toad, HP Quality Control, MS-Access and Crystal Reports. Trained users on web portal tools updating Program Status Reports and Project Plans. Documented and improved existing policies and procedures, resulting in improved Business Process. Mentored Business Analysts and other junior team members
Confidential, Agoura Hills, CA
Sr. Systems Analyst / Data Architect
- Researched, analyzed, evaluated and provided technical solutions for Countrywide’s Loan Origination system (Enterprise Wide Integrated Automated Loan Origination) issues, changes and enhancements. Determined research method best suited to task. Worked as part of the EDGE (Countrywide’s Proprietary Loan Origination System) analysis team and maintained Countrywide’s main loan origination system.
- Wrote BRDs (Business Requirements Document) and PCRs (Product Change Request), Functional & Technical Specifications and Test Plans for loan processing, funding and closing. . Wrote functional and technical PCR’s (Product Change Request) for fixes, changes and enhancements once preferred solution had been identified. Ensured that specification details were clear and concise so that programming could be completed with minimal changes. Provided pseudo code (recommended logic) for simple to highly complex PCR’s. Defined ancillary systems/pieces affected by proposed changes. Applied knowledge of the system architecture and ensured that there was no adverse impact. Supported the PCR from creation to implementation and ensured that project/task had been completed successfully.
- Designed the architecture of business-related workflow for PCR (Product Change Request) in order to ensure that it was implemented and incorporated with the new change control management system. Wrote test scenarios for Quality Assurance Analysts. Performed testing for results and used SQL queries, stored procedures and SQL views in order to determine if desired results had been achieved by programming changes. Used MS-SQL, FoxPro, MS-Access, Crystal Reports and XML.
- Provided architecture support for ERP projects and the integration of legacy, transactional systems and data warehouse systems. Participated in projects of data modeling, data extracting, data transformation and data loading from web based applications and Loan Origination systems. Acquired data objects from third party service providers and other Business Intelligence applications. Created and maintained scripts using both functional and technical specifications required for data mapping, data extraction, transformation and loading. Reviewed and improved ETL & Data Transformation Services tasks and conducted data analysis and data profile.
- Conducted and attended meetings with business units, developers and senior management to determine project scope and business requirements. Conducted PCR walk-through with divisions in order to obtain approval prior to PCR implementation. Designed the architecture of business-related workflow for PCR in order to ensure that it was implemented and incorporated with the new change control management system. Wrote test scenarios for Quality Assurance Analysts. Performed testing for results and used SQL queries, stored procedures and SQL views in order to determine if desired results had been achieved by programming changes. Used MS-SQL, FoxPro, MS-Access, Crystal Reports and XML.
- Provided Business Modeling, Data Modeling, Object Modeling, XML Modeling and Enterprise Modeling and used Sybase PowerDesigner to implement conceptual, logical, physical and data warehouse data modeling. Converted Erwin and Visio diagrams into Sybase PowerDesigner.
- Wrote BRDs (Business Requirements Document) and PCRs (Product Change Request), Functional & Technical Specifications and Test Plans for loan processing, underwriting, funding and closing.
- Developed alternative solutions for assigned projects and determined final solution. Discussed with developers what questions to ask of user community so that business needs were clear and determined what alternatives were feasible. Ensured that needs of multiple business units, business flow, data flow and system flow had all been considered in alternatives.
- Communicated, verbally and in writing, with developers, users, help desk, management and other system groups.
- Developed wireframes, page/screen prototyping, designed graphics or functionality and presented options to the client. Generated process flowcharts. Assisted the analysis and development teams in designing and creating an Enterprise Wide data dictionary and naming standards. Acted as negotiator between development groups and user communities to resolve issues surrounding project.
- Contributed to the overall functioning and integrity of Countrywide’s loan origination systems and the Wholesale Division Portal by providing analysis and recommendations for application fixes, enhancements and new development efforts, which resulted in shorter development and release times for applications that affected multiple technology areas.
Confidential, Irvine, CA
Sr. Business Systems Analyst
- Evaluated business requirements for a Loan Origination (Empower) application, including Product & Pricing and delivered new and modified systems enhancements and integration solutions. Identified customer requirements, analyzed business and information technology processes and uncovered client requirements via industry standards such as: data flow model, case analysis, workflow analysis, functional decomposition, and object modeling.
- Planned, created and incorporated data management standards into the project life cycle. Assisted architecture team by performing process & logical data modeling.
- Solicited client requirements and documented business workflows and used prototyping to solidify requirements. Used MS-Visio, Erwin, PowerPoint and BRDs Templates. Recommended project changes and conducted technical briefing sessions. Created, maintained, and scheduled procedures and reports with tools like Sybase Power Designer, SQL Navigator, MS-Access and Crystal Reports. Used SQL queries, stored procedures and SQL views to test and validate QA Test Scripts.
- Conducted project meetings and performed project tracking and analysis, ensured adherence to process standards and reviewed project deliverables in a timely manner. Provided subject matter expertise in areas such as change control management, project management, project scope definition, risk identification/mitigation, use of project methodology, resource allocation, facilitation, project intervention, knowledge transfer and other areas of expertise based on professional knowledge and background. Provided expert assistance as mentor or coach to associates and team resources, project support staff and business clients as needed.
Confidential, Irvine, CA
Sr. Business Systems Analyst
- Analyzed, designed, developed and implemented an Underwriting System for a web based Loan Origination System.
- Coordinated and assisted the business analysis team to review and translate the client’s underwriting guidelines into underwriting system requirements.
- Assisted the development and analysis teams for the development of the pseudo-code methodology required to translate the business requirements into system specifications.
- Provided Data Modeling expertise and assisted both the Analysis and Development teams in the requirements gathering process and with the design & implementation by using the business process and both logical and physical data models.
- Analyzed, designed, developed, tested and implemented an Issue Control and Task Updating System.
- Maintained and supported the Underwriting Data Dictionary and used Sybase Power Designer, Crystal Reports, MS-Outlook, MS-Project, Data Transformation Services, Visual Basic and MS-SQL Server 2000.
- Conducted program reviews, presentations and meetings and prepared effective written communication using MS Project 2003, MS PowerPoint 2000, MS Word 2000, MS Excel 2000, Visio 2000, and MS Outlook
Confidential, El Segundo, CA
Sr. Business Systems Analyst
- Analyzed, designed, developed and implemented an Integrated Client Server Status Control Reporting System (change control system) using Visual Basic, MS-SQL Server 2000, Data Transformation Services, MS-Access, MS-Project and Business Objects Crystal Reports.
- Interviewed subject matter experts and managed JAD sessions as part of the requirements gathering process. Reviewed and analyzed business process, workflow, interfaces and current integrated systems and provided direction, specifications, and practical business knowledge to the design of the application. Used MS-PowerPoint, MS-Visio, Erwin, Sybase Power Designer, MS-Word, MS-Excel, MS-Access, Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator.
- Wrote detailed specifications for programmers to follow describing user needs, program functions, and recommended steps to develop or modify the system. Applied Impact Analysis, CBA and Risk Analysis. Wrote Functional & Technical Specifications and conducted JAD meetings and walkthroughs with business users, functional and technical teams. Assisted in project design, test plans, test scripts, and wrote detailed system documentation. Used project management tools such as MS-Project 2000 to define requirements and track project.
- Used data modeling and data analysis tools such as Sybase Power Designer 9.0 to perform business data models, conceptual data models and physical data models. Delivered a data dictionary and extensive documentation and user manuals for super user and user .