- 10+ years of experience in System and Data Analysis utilizing Quantitative and Qualitative analytical skills with an excellent track record across diverse areas like Retail, E - Commerce and Telecom.
- Extensive experience in Requirements gathering and then authoring BRD, FRD, TDD and Workflows using SDLC and other software development methodologies like Agile and RUP.
- Outstanding experience using SQL to query the databases to support day to day business operations and meet quality assurance needs. Experienced in Project Management and Documenting tools like MS Office, Rational suite, Jira, Confluence and SharePoint.
- Heavily focused on Data analysis using various Data Warehousing concepts, Business Intelligence tools and Cloud/Bigdata technologies.
- Extensive experience in development and support of a Data Warehouse including Data mapping from Staging to Operational Data Store to Data warehouse and facilitate reporting requirements.
- Built Data analyst teams, coached/mentored junior level analysts and offshore team members. Worked with Project managers and development resource managers to align analyst resources in matrix model and make sure that deliverables are met from the entire team.
RDBMS: MS SQL Server, Oracle, MySQL, Teradata, MS Access
ETL&BI Tools: Business Objects, Crystal Reports, Cognos, Tableau, Talend
Project Management/Tracking Tools: Jira, SharePoint, Rational Clear Quest
Modeling/Document tools: MS Office Suite, Rational Suite, Optimal Trace, Erwin
Cloud/Bigdata: AWS, Hadoop, Cloudera, Hive, Elastic Search and Kibana
Confidential, Philadelphia and NYC
- Responsible for creating and reviewing marketing integrations business requirements, functional specifications and data mapping analysis.
- Acted as a liaison between the technical development team and the marketing users on day to day campaign activity and operational support. I have managed data analysis for small client projects and large enterprise projects.
- Facilitated meetings to gather requirements (Inception phase), there after assisted tech leads in analysis & design of the project.
- Followed timelines for project delivery, assisted project managers and resources to successful completion.
- Aided management in standardizing web/data applications by preparing GUI standards and recommending alternatives for in corporation in a phased, iterative manner.
- Played a key role as a Marketing Database SME and go to person for marketing integrations.
- Developed strategic partnerships with the business units to develop a solid knowledge base of the business requirements and coordinate with technical teams.
Environment: MS-SQL, Oracle, MySQL, AWS, Omniture/Adobe Analytics, Hadoop, Elastic Search, Kibana, MS Office Suite, MS-Project, HTML, XML and Jira.
Confidential, Boston, MA
- Completed the model mapping spread sheet with required data for new client builds and integration with third party vendors.
- Managed transition of requirements from functional requirements phase to technical design phase and assisted technical leads on data model design.
- Create data mapping documents for Staging to ODS and to the DWH, this master document became key for all marketing users to understand the data flow from client to marketing data warehouse.
- Acted as a liaison between business domains and IT to understand business challenges and opportunity so they can become part of next product release.
- Update various support tables in support of Model creation and model maintenance.
- Resolved production issues correlated to my responsibilities.
- Conducted meeting with Business users and SMEs to understand AS-IS business process, reports and reporting requirements.
- Created test data to validate the reports developed as per reporting requirements.
Environment: Microsoft Office, Toad, SQL, Oracle, Quality Center, SharePoint, Micro strategy.
Confidential, Dallas, TX
- Analyzed and gathered Business requirements, identified system interfaces and created the required user stories document.
- Involved in Enhancement phase of software development life cycle (SDLC) in Scrum framework.
- Created data flow diagrams to show input and output of the systems using MS Visio.
- Extensively interacted with user groups to learn the As Is and created new wireframes which provides better functionality.
- Provided documentation after performing requirement analysis by gathering both functional and nonfunctional requirements based on interactions with the process owners & stake holders.
- Created data analysis and technical design documents for small projects.
- Functioned as the primary liaison between the business line, operations, and the technical areas.
- Conducted interviews to perform data validation against new systems.
Confidential, Dallas, TX
- Collected P2P payment system requirements from business users and designed initial requirements documents.
- Gather requirements by conducting meetings and brainstorming sessions with executive sponsors on the high-level plan/frame work.
- Designed initial data model for Web and Call center integration.
- Worked with technical architect on translating functional requirements in to technical requirements and gap analysis.
- Consolidated the analysis of gaps and enhancements after the initial demo to executive sponsors.
- Performed Analysis for new functionality requirements, prioritized them based on actual business needs and align them with the product release roadmap.
- Prepared graphical depictions of Use Cases, Use Case Diagrams, State Diagrams, Activity Diagrams, Sequence Diagrams and creation of technical design.
Confidential, Dallas, TX
- Worked on call center application COFEE monthly releases, change management which includes new functionalities and bug fixes.
- Interacted with clients to gather all requirements to formulate business specifications and translate those into application functionality.
- Worked with lead BA in gathering requirements from various stake holders on call center application.
- Visited multiple call centers and collected users feedback on application enhancements.
- Co-ordinate with business users, assist system analysts to document functional specifications and implement requirements to improve functional capabilities.