- Accomplished Information Technology leader with demonstrated expertise for delivering results while managing key company initiatives.
- Very strong industry experience in Banking, financial services and Pharmaceutical Companies.
- Focused on ROI, building teams, customer satisfaction and constant evolution in technology to improve business outcomes to meet goals and objectives.
- Deep Understanding of AWS Cloud, Big Data & HADOOP Technologies and Ecosystem. Integrating applications and data, migrating from traditional Data Warehousing to Big Data / Cloud / DevOps based environment. Passion to work on Big Data and aptitude for learning ever changing tools, frameworks and technologies.
- In - Depth knowledge of Data Warehousing, ETL, OLAP & BI Analysis, Designing Enterprise Data Warehouse using Ralph Kimball & Inmon Methodologies as well as designing OLTP applications using Relational Data Modelling.
- Solid experience in Project Management and Enterprise Production Support Management. Lead team of highly motivated professionals in application development. Managed a team of professionals onsite and offshore providing support to number of business-critical applications in a distributed environment providing 24/7 support.
- Expert in Designing and Implementing Work Load Automation of production batch jobs using CA Automic (AWA), BMC Control-M and Tidal Enterprise Scheduler across various platforms and integrating with Pager Duty and ServiceNow.
- Expertise in Agile/Kanban Methodology and proven track record of converting teams over to agile practices for efficiency gain. Strong knowledge of Waterfall Software Development Life Cycle and other methodologies.
- Strong Client/user management, Project Management, Team Management, communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to quickly absorb technical and functional knowledge.
Operating Systems: Microsoft Windows, Unix, Linux, IBM AIX
Data Warehousing: ETL, Informatica, Ab Initio, Cognos, Tableau
RDBMS Databases: Oracle, Teradata, SnowFlake, Microsoft SQL Server, PostgreSQL
NoSQL Databases: HBase, MongoDB, DynamoDB, Snowflake
Cloud & Big Data: Hadoop HDFS, MapReduce, YARN, Hive, PIG, Oozie, Hue, Apache Spark, AVRO, Sqoop, Parquet, Kafka, AWS, Jenkins, Amazon Redshift
Project Management, Agile: Jira, VersionOne, MS Office, Slack, Google Sheets/Docs, Confluence
Version Control: Subversion, GIT, GitHub
Work Load Automation: CA Automic Workload Automation, BMC Control-M, Tidal Enterprise Scheduler
Production Monitoring: PagerDuty, ServiceNow, HPSM, Splunk
Confidential, Wilmington, DE
Tech Lead, Senior SME
- Coordinated with many development and support teams across different LOBs to integrate and migrate Informatica based data warehouse applications into Ab Initio environment.
- As a Senior SME, provided Subject Matter guidance and advice on functional and technical details to development, support and user teams throughout the various developmental projects.
- Participated with multiple engineering teams in design and architecture of data lakes, staging areas and data consolidation for Hadoop and Cloud environment as part of Big Data project initiatives.
- Managed a team of highly skilled professionals to support data warehouse applications processing CARD, BANK and LOANs LOB data for BI Analysis and operational data for business-critical applications.
- Worked with development teams on File Registry setup for Data Lake, File ingestion framework, Data Cleansing, File/Data rejection handling and Integration of data within and between LOBs.
- Actively worked with Hadoop team in migrating some of the traditional data warehouse applications and providing support to migrated Hadoop applications in the Production environment.
- Supported many development teams in rolling over applications to production Hadoop as part of POC in modernization of legacy applications.
- Designed and built automated solution to restore/organize/track files from AWS S3 buckets into multiple EC2 servers. The Automation saved many man hours as it involved processing hundreds of files between data lake, staging environment and data warehouse environment.
- Worked with AROW (Automic Workflow Automation) engineering team to migrate thousands of jobs and streams from Control-M Scheduler. Helped in testing, staging and providing post implementation support.
- Actively participated and worked with many delivery teams on migration and integration of applications from enterprise level model into DevOps model.
Confidential, Wilmington, DE
Data Warehouse Lead, Informatica Administration
- Successfully installed, configured Informatica 9 on multiple servers with High Availability option. Effortlessly migrated Production Informatica 8 Repository into Informatica 9 without any loss of data or downtime.
- Enhanced the existing data warehouse by adding several new Dimensions and Facts by capturing new sources systems/databases for BI Analysis.
- Led a team of highly skilled professionals by providing guidance on the design and functionality of the project.
- Conducted regular brainstorm sessions to design and develop Mapplets, Re-usable Transformations and complex Mappings
- Prepared Database Sizing, Performed Database tuning by coordinating with DBAs and regularly conducted Performance tuning of the application and Database.
- Successfully built a Disaster Recovery solution to bring up DR Informatica server under 15 minutes by using replicated production Oracle Repository and the ability to restore the key configuration repository tables by populating it with DR repository configuration data.
- Followed Agile methodologies as part of enterprise wide adoption to Agile. Created Epics, stories and tasks for biweekly releases and conducted daily standup meetings.
Confidential, East Hanover, NJ
- Prepared Source System Inventory documents, Source-To-Target Mapping documents, CDC (Change Data Capture) Logic and Diagrams for source data extraction.
- Developed all of the PL/SQL procedures/packages to perform staging and validation (data cleansing) processing of source system data into the Data Warehouse.
- Developed many Informatica Mappings both in session and batch mode to perform ETL operations. Used different types of Transformations to perform a variety of functions. Created Mapplets to perform reusable operations and created standardize short-cuts to ease development and maintenance.
- Worked as Logical/Application DBA in Database/Table Sizing, SQL Tuning using Explain Plans, Identifying and creating Indexes to improve performance,
Confidential, Blue Bell, PA
- Served as core member of CTMS development team in providing Impact database setup, database copying from instance to instance and configuring of various reference (metadata) data on more than 15 database instances deployed in US and internationally.
- Designed and developed complete reports module consisting of more than 30 in-house reports using PL/SQL and Oracle Discoverer.
- As a leader of a group for WCDS, coordinated development, enhancements and support of Worldwide Clinical Data System (WCDS). Coordinated with development team and users on design, development and providing support to various production problems and client requests. Involved in development of protocol (drug) extensions/enhancements with assistance from a team of 2 to 5 members.