A detail oriented Senior Programmer Analyst offering over 20 years of COBOL programming experience. A dedicated team player, who works well with others, possesses strong communications skills and is committed to producing quality work with minimal supervision.
Key strengths include analyzing requirements, preparing detailed programming specifications and testing procedures, coding and thorough testing of programs to insure accuracy and optimal performance. Creation of all required documentation, reports and Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) Compliance.
COBOL, JCL, VSAM, CICS, TSO, ISPF, DB2, SQL, IBM Utilities, MQS and GTB BMS/TS tool on IBM Mainframe OS/390 and z/OS. Also DYL-280, Expediter, File-Aid, Abend-Aid, Change Man, Panvelet, Quest Central for DB2, Microsoft Office Suites (Word, Excel), Teamtrack, CVS and IDMS.
Confidential,Woodland Hills, CA
1990 – 2007
Senior Programmer Analyst
Primary COBOL Programmer for e-Pay team. Responsible for timely processing of incoming payments, posting to Accounts Receivable, updating of Marketing and other systems and producing required reports.
- Collaborated in developing an in-house eCheck payment system under a very tight deadline. Coded and tested all required components. System was successfully implemented in time to avoid substantial financial losses incurred by missing deposits, requiring manual entry of late payments.
- Designed, coded and implemented Bill Presentment subsystem to load Billing Notices into DB2 tables for website viewing by customers, reducing the number of customer service calls.
- Wrote and executed SQL queries producing weekly Excel spreadsheets tracking policy enrollment and customer payments by type and region and fulfilling ad hoc reporting requests from upper management. Provided accurate trend data used for executive decisions on marketing strategy success.
Member of the Billing team. Became lead programmer analyst in charge of Return Premium (refund) Checks, Assigned Risk and Homeowner Letter systems and worked on Policy Management System (PMS).
- Helped develop a Payment Reconciliation system to crosscheck web payment data from SIEBEL against processed payment reports from vendors. Provided CICS screens showing account status and allowing automated updating of accounts. Provided speedy resolution of late payment and out of balance issues and reposting of payments with an audit trail of changes, reducing the time required for manual reconciliation processing.
- Member of development team creating an in-house billing system (BUCS). Designed and built CICS screens and programs with interfaces to existing Customer Care and Policy Service systems, resulting in a system with improved functionality and increased system interface flexibility.
Confidential,Thousand Oaks, CA
1985 – 1990
Senior Programmer Analyst
Promoted to primary Analyst for system interfaces to CPMS, a relational database used for capital investment management. Responsibilities included creating and maintaining user interfaces and providing analysis for cross checking of Toll data. Designed, coded and maintained applications utilizing DATACOM/DB and IDEAL to query and update relational databases.
Worked on Marketing and Accounts Payable batch and IDMS applications for 3 years prior to CPMS.
- Conceived a way to improve data integrity and reduce project delays when development teams fail to notify others of pending changes to shared data in a timely manner. Devised a notification process by creating a cross reference table of files and responsible analysts, with a tie-in to the existing on-line QA documentation system. Oversaw creation of a working prototype providing notifications to all impacted teams at the point of project approval.
Confidential,Culver City, CA
1983 – 1985
Two years programming imbedded IDMS database applications utilizing IDS-II DML in COBOL applications on a Honeywell mainframe.
1975 – 1977
Petroleum Well Logging Engineer
Based in Singapore & London. Operated a laboratory on petroleum well drilling rigs. Duties included monitoring and calibration of electronic testing equipment, collection of drilling data, monitoring of geological formation changes and hydrocarbon detection testing. Performed analysis and interpretation of drilling data, including calculation of sample lag time. Produced logging charts showing test results matched to corresponding lithology. Preparation and labeling of samples for shipping. Conducted lab unit inventory.
1972 – 1973
Senior Communications Station Technical Controller – IWCS site 64
Performed electronic testing and maintenance of voice and high speed data communications circuits, detection and tracing of circuit problems, rerouting of traffic and wiring of new circuits. Maintain problem logs and reports. Secret level security clearance.
Confidential,Communications Station Technical Controller
Honorable Discharge. Secret level security clearance.
Associate of Science Degree in Engineering Geology,
Occupational Certificate in Business Computer Applications