IT and Financial business leader with experience including more than 20 years in industry and consulting with expertise in SAP & SAP Business Warehouse project management, business analysis, information systems project implementation, financial, budget and marketing analysis and business re-engineering. Previous consulting experience includes developing technical business solutions in a client-oriented environment. More than 10 years experience in managerial accounting and financial analytics covering multiple components of the business model.AREAS OF EXPERTISE†
- Management of Large IT Projects
- Business Analysis Expertise
- Financial & Marketing Analytics
- Data Warehousing & Reporting
- Managing IT Professionals Globally
- Management Accounting & Budgeting
- Building Customer Relationships
- Business Process Management
- Lean /Six Sigma Project Methodology
- Re-Engineering Project
Independent Consultant, Latrobe PA†2008 to Present
Independent consultant for budgeting, accounting and tax related issues helping streamline business activities.
Confidential,†Latrobe, PA†2003 – 2007Manager – Business Intelligence Solutions†2003 – 2007
Managed a staff of 10 IT BI Analytics Professionals in the US, Europe and India with a Budget of $3.5M. Responsible for establishing schedules and managing activities of internal and external IT resources
- Managed Business Analysts and Reporting Analysts for the initial migration of multiple Kennametal reporting platforms to SAP Business Intelligence platform resulting in a savings of $1.5M
- Managed a project for SAP EnterpriseData Warehouse/Business Intelligence across multiple functional areas increasing the global reporting end users from less than 10 to approximately 430 global users
- IT Project Lead/ Business Analyst for a Sarbanes-Oxley compliant global Variable Compensation System, utilizing SAP BW and Reporting platform, to calculate compensation for 800 sales based employees.
- Created a Customer Relation Data Mart and Reporting Platform used by C-Level and Vice-Presidents for monitoring critical information acquired through contact with Top 100 global customers
- Managed the Business Intelligence and Analytics component of an SAP BW upgrade project from version 3.0 to version 3.5
Confidential, Export, PA 2001 – 2003
Manager – Data Warehousing and Information Management
- Managed SAP BW Project implementation from inception to production environment with multiple application areas and global reporting capability.
- Responsible for maintaining Enterprise Data Warehouse production environment with multiple data marts and approximately 50 global users and managing all new BW reporting applications.
- Developed reporting applications supporting the Global Finance and Marketing departments.
Confidential, Radnor, PA 1998- 2001
Senior Consultant- Business Analyst and Information Data Warehousing
Certified SAP Business Information Warehouse Sr. Consultant with production environment implementation experience. Responsible for technical design, development and customer relationship building.
- Lead on SAP Business Information Warehouse teams for three major North American corporations implementing SAP BW as primary reporting repository and analysis tool. Managed requirements gathering and documentation, Infocube modeling, architecture and Reporting and Analytics development.
- Team lead for BW pilot-implementation team for the US Navy (NAVAIR) SAP BW implementation. Provided a proof of concept based around Controlling, Purchasing and Human Resource reporting requirements and first phase of a new reporting and analytics system.
- Co-Manager on a project to develop a KPMG Consulting in-house SAP BW training academy attended by approximately 50 Sr. Consultants.
Confidential, Raleigh, NC and Latrobe, PA 1988 - 1998
Information Technology – Business Analyst†1995 - 1998
- Project Team Lead -- Data Conversion Team on several major SAP implementations. As Business Analyst worked closely with programmers gather and interpret business requirements and rules to drive and ensure accurate and timely data conversion from legacy system to SAP completing all projects on time and material as defined by the project plan.
- Team Lead - Reporting Development team on SAP implementation affecting three major business units and approximately 400 end-users.
- Team lead / Business Analyst for SAP SD Global Pricing Team, successfully implementing the initial Business Unit roll of SAP pricing, resulting in a reduction of pricing administration costs by approximately 30% globally.
Financial Projects Manager/ Business Analyst†1988 - 1994
- Business Analyst/Integration Manager for project that produced a Sales Information System (SIS) using client/server technology. This was a first ever Business Intelligence Initiative. rolled out to nearly 500 sales representatives.
- Financial/Business Analyst Integration Manager Boston Consulting Group to re-engineer Kennametal’s Metalworking Systems Division. Outcome was restructuring of sales force, sales support staffs, marketing department and customer service centers with in savings estimated at more than $2M annually.
- Designed and developed monthly financial, profitability and forecasting systems used by more than 15 global business unit managers in North America, Europe and Asia.
- Created monthly forecasts, annual plan and budget processes, capital plans, sales and margin plans as well as departmental budgets.
- Advanced Project Management
- Reporting & Analytics Development
- Cross Cultural Management
- Consulting & Client Relationship
- Oracle SQL/PSQL
- SAP -BI,SD,FICO,COPA,ABAP courses
- Enhanced Presentation Training
- Communications & Speaking
- Lean Leadership
- Time Management Fundamentals
- Master of Business Administration
- Financial Analysis courses completed
- Bachelor of Science