Senior Finance executive, bilingual in English and Spanish, with broad hands - on GAAP, financial management and analysis background. P&L responsibility for national and international companies with multi-site divisions and gross revenues from $30,000,000 to more than $275,000,000. Skilled in integration of merge and acquisitions. Focus on maximizing ROI and create shareholder/VC value. Extensive administrative, accounting, taxes, foreign exchange, sales, marketing, IT, and supply chain management experience, in addition to establishing strategic partnerships and overcoming government regulatory barriers. I have been an auditor, Controller, CFO, General Manager, CEO, Entrepreneur, and sole CPA practitioner. Proficient in JD Edwards, AccuFund, Quickbooks, Sage One, SAP, Oracle, IFRS, SOX Audit compliance, Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
- Tax Planning Human Resources Sales & Marketing USAC Service Provider
- Facility Management SEC Compliance & Reporting Cash & Asset Management Equity & Debt Financing
- Financial Reporting
- Planning & Analysis Accounting & Reporting (GAAP) Manufacturing Cost Analysis Non for Profit/ SBA 8
- Reduced interest expense cost in 38% in the second year of operations and improved cash flow in more than 80% by improving the A/R turnover while reducing operating expenses in more than 22%. Managed all banking arrangements and loans of more than $2,000,000, during the startup stage, and secured our long term growth plan when I got the investors approval to fund the future growth program of $20,000,000 in the next 5 years.
- Worked with Confidential ’s management to establish business sales objectives by forecasting and developing annual sales quotas for regions and territories; projecting expected sales volume and profit for existing and new products. Determines annual unit and gross-profit plans by implementing marketing strategies; analyzing trends and results.
- Assumed leadership of the FS and Retail Divisions with sales of $1,000,000 and 8 sales routes.
- In 5 years became the fourth largest FS distributor in the island reaching sales of more than $31,000,000.
- Hired and developed a sales force of 28 associates, (2 Managers, 4 supervisors, 22 salesmen), with a supporting staff of 30 employees in purchasing, finance, and new product development.
- Responsible for Property management of 4 warehouses, facility maintenance and engineering department, P&L objectives, accounting, marketing, operations, warehouse and distribution, supply chain management, customer service, collections, appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees.
- In charge of billing and collections for more than 3,500 customers, inventory control management system to managed a dry, refrigerated and frozen product’s portfolio of more than 4,500 sku’s with over 200 suppliers.
- In 2010, we were selected as one of the main food and beverage suppliers for the Central American and Caribbean Games held in Mayaguez, Puerto Rico.
- I was part of the organization committee, 2 years assignment, responsible to coordinate all the logistic and infra-structure to serve all the food and beverage needs for over 5,000 athletes, representing 31 nations during the 3 weeks the games lasted.
- As a Food Service consultant I helped to design restaurant layouts, equipment specs, menu boards, support the chef on designing menus and contact suppliers to meet food requirements needs, feasibility studies to measure profitability and customer acceptance, uniforms, coordinate with our wine and beverage division to match wine specs, price and variety as well as obtain marketing funds for openings.
- Negotiated and restructured long term loans with the bank and changed payment terms with all the main suppliers to improve working capital and cash flow.
- Credit limit policies were changed and collection ratios were improved from 40 days to 18 days by giving payment discounts to our main customers.
- Inventory levels were reduced from $4,000,000 to $2,800,000 in the first year.
- Re-structured all the departments and streamlined the reporting processes to simplify the flow of information across the company.
- Reduced delivery costs in 40% by consolidating delivery routes from 45 to 28 and lower inventory movements in the warehouse reducing breakage and inventory losses in 70%.
- Developed and enforced quality assurance program to ensure compliance with company and government regulations.
Senior Finance Director
- Managed a team of 65 people responsible for the following areas; Accounting, Financial Planning, Treasury, Distribution, Site Selection, Leasing Properties, Property Management and Maintenance, Supply Chain Management, Fleet Management, Legal, Capital Expenditures, IT, and Business Development/Construction departments for Puerto Rico, Virgin Islands, Venezuela and Trinidad Tobago, a 7,000 employee region with more than 200 facilities.
- Opened over 30 stores in 8 years and developed the concept of multi-branding by opening Confidential and Confidential operations in Confidential sites to maximize the property investment.
- We were the first in Latin-American to execute the conversions and turned them profitable.
- During my tenure as a Finance leader sales grew from $125,000,000 to $275,000,000 while profits exceeded $45,000,000.
- Consolidated all the restaurant operations and designed an in-house engineering and maintenance team to provide services of site selection, construction and maintenance for all the restaurants reaching savings of more than $5,000,000 on fees, taxes and operational costs.
- We were audited 3 times in 8 years and got the Well Controlled Operation rating.
- Responsible for the re-franchising initiatives executed in Venezuela, Dominican Republic, Colombia and the Caribbean.
- Responsible for the start-up of Confidential a $100,000,000 capital investment.
- The first Bio-technology operation for Confidential in the world.
- Hired and trained the accounting staff and developed and implemented the accounting processes for the Confidential startup operation.
- P&L and payroll responsibilities of $3 billion dollars and a headcount of 2,000 employees, respectively.
Confidential, New York
- Incharge of audits for all Confidential d around the world.
- Some of the countries where I worked for at least 4 weeks every time were, Mexico, Honduras, Guatemala, Brazil, Argentina, Uruguay, Venezuela, Spain, Israel, Dubai, France, Hong Kong, Singapore, and Philippines.
- External audits in Banking, University of Puerto Rico, Health care, Manufacturing, Construction and Distribution industries.