An IT professional with 24 years of practical experience in the design, development, and maintenance ofBusiness Support and Business Productivity Management solutions including but not limited to Sales, Finance, Human Resources, Operations, Supply Chain, and Business Intelligence. A seasoned Information Systems expert with a strong project profile comprised of complex in-house and external Enterprise Information Management Systems integration. With 19 years of managing Information Technology organizations with multi-national fortune 500 companies involving onshore/offshore teams delivering legacy application conversions, and custom software solutions involving various technologies, platforms and middleware. A certified Project Management Professional and a Scrum Master with working knowledge of Agile application development methodologies skilledin collaborating at all levels from the boardroom to technical specialists.Experienced in working with Saas Software and tier 1 Software integrator vendors.Senior management’s trusted partner and an effective change agent consistently delivering results by aligning IT with business goals.
Application Development and P&L Management
- Appointed GM to reorganize a low margin software unit. Changed the organizational structure, planned and initiated the development of a new product line.Implemented the Systems Development Lifecycle (SDLC) process andincreased customer loyalty and satisfaction by providing improved products and services to the clients of a financial services organization. Responsible for all P&L aspects (Sales, Marketing, Development, Call Center, and Vendor/Customer Relationship Management) of a $5 million business unit.
ERP Program Management
- Recruited to recover and successfully deliver a $15 million Oracle ERP project to replace all legacy back-office and manufacturing systems at a global manufacturing company. Reorganized the management and the development teams, renegotiated the vendor professional services contracts, introduced a strict QA regiment, and implemented a robust development methodology to deliver the product in time and within revised budgets.
Business Intelligence and Agile Methodology
- Managed the design and development of a company-wide enterprise data warehouse (EDW) and business intelligence environment. Launched a series of executive dashboards, using an Agile implementation methodology, with real time reporting capability in more than 30 locations during a 12 month period enabling Sales, Purchasing and Inventory managers to access and analyze data electronically vs. legacy paper based reports. Significantly reduced elapsed time for analysis and decision making.
Master Data Management
- Worked with representative from 30 business units with disparate ERP applications to support the development of an MDM strategy, aligned leading practices with business needs in Information Management and business organizations, developed, and documented MDM strategies to support the company`s mission, vision, and strategic goals. Worked in partnership with business units to create an enterprise MDM roadmap to plan implementation of solutions
Project Management and Outsourced Applications
- Managed the implementation of a Saas Enterprise Human Capital Management Application for a global company with 200+ locations and over 7000 employees during an 18 month project that resulted in a 15% savings in payroll costs. Reduced HR staffing and costs by providing a Self Service portal to the user community.
Sr. Manager, Business Intelligence & Data Warehouse, Sep 2009 - present
- Leader of the Business Intelligence team.Established short and long-term product and technology strategies in the development of an Enterprise Data Warehouse solutionfor optimal business processing and critical decision making for a $8 billion company.
- Developed a strategic Business Intelligence plan, including budgets, business initiatives, evaluation of analytic tools, and infrastructural investmentsworking closely with key C Level executives
- Managing a team of highly skilled architects, DBA’s, Informatica developers, and BI analyst in building an Enterprise Data Warehouse to collect data from more than 25 disparate and non-conforming data sources.
- Responsible for delivering business information dashboards, using Qlikview, to 30 locations serving 126 decision makers across the organization. Drastically improved the dissemination of information to all operational levels of management, and reduced the costs of publishing and retaining reports.
- Responsible for recruiting and staff management (including remote teams), and very active in attracting new talent
- Supported Reliance’s information management and master data management (MDM) strategy, worked in conjunction with the existing team of Information Architects, Data Integration Architects and data Modelers.
- Managed a team of SME’s to establish a data governance organization, processes, role and responsibilities to define the guidelines and policies for data governance and master data standardization.
- Defined roadmaps, project plans and steps to implement master data management architectures to drive master data integration implementations, including schema development, business rules development, and migration processes
Sr. Manager, Confidential, Aug 2007 – Sep 2009
- Managed the implementation of a Human Capital Management system for an organization with over 7,000 employees across North America. Responsible for budgets, planning, staffing, and standardizingthe HCM and Payroll modulesunder a corporate umbrella.The project was budgeted for $3.1 million.It was completed and delivered on time and under budget.
- Managed remote users, vendors and third party consulting resources during all phases of the HCM project. Primary point of contact for all product escalations and billing issues. Developed, established, and managed a Help Desk organization to support the locations after go-live.
- Developed a very strong and strategic relationship with external partners and managed third-party vendors and deliverables within the scope, time and budget estimates
Confidential,Acting Director, Jan2006 – Jun 2007
- Contracted as a change agent to turn around an ERP conversion project for a global manufacturer.Responsible for reorganizing an onshore/offshore team of 45 developers, analysts, and architects while implementing strict development, QA, and change management methodologies.
- Active projects included the replacement of all legacy manufacturing, call center, field services, sales, distribution, finance and leasing systems with the Oracle 11i application suite for North America and Europe at a budget of over $15 million, and additional J2EE development projects serving both internal and external customers.
- Established internal/external service level agreements to meet performance and reliability expectations
- Managed the working relationships with Sarbanes-Oxley Auditors, Change Management and Documentation teams.
- Provided guidance and mentoring, for a team of line managers and a large group of developers
Confidential,Consultant, Technology and Systems Implementation Lead, Jun 2004 – Jan 2006
- Technical lead and project manager working as an advisor to executive management in Finance and IT.Responsible for application development and implementation management of PeopleSoft AR, Billing and Treasury modules.
- Designed all the interfaces from legacy loan originating, loan servicing, default, and treasury systems to PeopleSoftFinancials using IBM’s ETL tools. Built custom applications for invoice matching, bill presentment, and PCard processing.
Confidential,Vice President – General Manager, Oct 2002 – Jun 2004
- Set strategic direction for reengineering a legacy financial application specific to the Real Estate Industry. Directed local and remote software development staff, consisting of project managers, technical leads, developers, systems analysts, business analysts, QA, database administrators, and system administrators with a project budget of $2.5 million.
- P&L responsibility for 7 departments with revenue plans of $3.2 million for 2003 and $5 million for 2004.
- Implemented previously non-existing processes, including release management, business continuity, continuous process improvement, and SDLC principles while establishing product review boards for major hardware and software decisions.
- Worked closely with Product Management and Sales to develop a Product Management Life Cycle to aide in consistent, timely, and profitable delivery of products to market. Led all client management activities.
- Applied Industry best practices for Application development and code transformation.
Confidential,Director, Operational Business Solutions, Feb 2001 – Aug 2002
- Recruited to establish a consulting services division to support the delivery of Integrated PeopleSoft ERP solutions to global enterprises. Responsible for full life cycle project management activities, including sales, product evaluation and selection, delivery and post implementation support.
- Managed the development ofa web based project management methodology application for Cable and Wireless,Jamaica. Evaluated technology strategies for business units based on underlying business need and ROI.
- Managed the implementation of a custom product configuration program for a global pharmaceutical company involving Java programming tools.
Confidential,Sr. Manager, PeopleSoft ERP Solutions, Nov1997 – Jan2001
- Member of the management team that built KPMG’s Western Region PeopleSoft practice (52 members / $12million annual revenue).
- Recruited as an impact player for a turn-around management team. Instituted controls, accountability and reporting of existing business. Technical lead and advisor to concurrent PeopleSoft project teams.
- Managed multiple System Integration and eSolutions projects to provide on-line commerce capability to clients such as Apple Computers, Brown and Williamson, and AsiaDemand.com.
- Improved project management, reliability of forecasts, timeliness and quality of delivery.
Confidential,Project Manager, Mar 1996 – Oct1997
Confidential,Sr. Consultant, Nov 1993 – Mar 1996
Confidential,Product Consultant, Aug 1989 – Nov 1993EDUCATION:
B.S., Industrial Technology, Minor in Business Administration
Project Management Professional (PMP)
Scrum Master (CSM)