- Proficient in python.
- Skilled in manual network penetration testing, web application penetration testing, binary exploitation.
IT Security Consultant
- Perform network penetration tests.
- Perform vulnerability assessments.
- Perform risk analyses to determine needed levels of security controls.
- Examine Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity plans and addressed short - and long-term critical business requirements.
- Prepare summary reports for Executives and technical reports for IT administrators that explained discovered vulnerabilities and provided recommendations for mitigation.
- Review and develop client IT policies and procedures to ensure compliance with industry regulations.
Cybersecurity Assessments, Cybersecurity Programs, Business Development
- Acted as project manager on cybersecurity risk assessments.
- Conducted vulnerability assessments.
- Drafted reports that detailed inconsistencies between a company’s security controls and its security policy.
- Analyzed clients‘ contracts with their vendors.
- Assisted clients in aligning their IT infrastructure with the security requirements of their vendors.
- Assisted in preparing speeches to be given at major national conferences regarding the NIST cybersecurity framework and the SEC Cybersecurity Initiative.
- Worked with security product developers to align product configurations with cybersecurity regulations.
- Reviewed cybersecurity insurance policies for clients.
- Determined necessary security controls to comply with those policies.
- Researched legal issues related to the GLBA and HIPAA.
- Consulted on the application of the SEC’s privacy rule (REG-SP) to multi-discipline financial planners.
- Transitioned the firm into a cloud-based virtual office to allow for off-site collaboration on case files.