AREAS OF EXPERTISE
- Commercial Banking
- Trade Finance
- Certified Treasury Professional
- Cash Management
- Export Credit Agency Finance
- SBA Loan Programs
- Relationship Management
- Portfolio Manager
- Financial Analysis
- Real Estate Finance
- Managed a team of five trade services professionals serving Business Banking, Middle Market and Corporate Banking clients.
- Sales growth during that period exceeded 200%. Underwriter and portfolio manager for export working capital facilities.
- Strategically realigned trade products to complement Treasury products to optimize working capital management services.
- Reestablished the Confidential Working Capital Guarantee Program and the medium/long term credit loan program.
- Co - developer of the supply chain finance program for Confidential Bank.
- Credit trained in trade finance, middle market credit and SBA loan programs.
- Responsible for underwriting export credit agency credits and other debt products for client governments and US middle market and multinational corporations.
- Also responsible for driving origination efforts for new direct foreign investment opportunities for US corporations and client governments.
- Additionally responsible to obtain and create all necessary approvals and integrate corporate capabilities effectively with the parent corporation to effectively utilize export credit agencies, funding entities, and development banks such as Confidential, World Bank, Millennium Challenge Corporation, and the Private Export Funding Corporation.
- Responsible for developing, structuring, underwriting projects of interest to the Azano family with a focus on national and food security, water desalination and purification, and low income housing.
- Responsibilities include the utilization of bank, private equity, and export credit agency credits for investments into and out of Mexico including the coordination of tax haven structures and global cash management accounts in support of the family investments (when applicable).
Senior Vice President/Manager
- Won "Deal of the Year" from Trade Finance Magazine in 2006
- Credit and policy underwriter for the export finance credits
- Confidential and SBA loan originator
- Originated and underwrote working capital and export finance credit facilities for middle market clients.
- Duties involved credit analysis, and risk mitigation for US export clients utilizing Confidential, SBA, and credit insurance products.
- Also was responsible for utilizing cash management strategies to strike a proper balance between bank debt and trade credit.
- Managed the Confidential Working and SBA programs for Business Banking and Middle Market customers.
- Designed and successfully implemented a medium-term insurance program for funding smaller insured export finance transactions to serve the bank's small-medium sized business clientele.
- Developed all internal and external product education and sales seminars, wrote product sales an operational manuals for export finance and SBA products.
- Liaison and partner with the Confidential cash management sales team for the origination, structuring, and integrating of global cash management products into the bank's structured trade finance credits required to facilitate collection, debt service reserve, and foreign exchange conversion accounts.