- Combines C.P.A., C.T.P., M.B.A. and B.S. in Finance with more than 20 years of senior financial management experience within retail, manufacturing/distribution, health care and financial services environments; domestic and Confidential experience
- C Treasury and Cash Management Investment Portfolio Management Operating and Capital Budgeting Rating Agency Relations Insurance and Risk Management Sarbanes Oxley and Internal Controls apital Structure Management and Planning
- Cash Forecasting and Analysis
- Financial Risk Management and Analysis
- Investor Relations
- Strategic Planning, Planning and Forecasting
- ERM, Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery
- Outstanding analytical, leadership, communication and negotiation skills; history of establishing productive relationships with individuals at all levels.
- Strong work ethic; highly organized.
- Goal - oriented; effective team builder; history of identifying, analyzing and resolving issues which impact company profitability, expenses or efficiency.
- High integrity, resourceful, decisive; excellent understanding of coordination necessary between all aspects of business to achieve organizational goals.
Confidential, San Francisco, California
Vice President of Finance, Chief Financial Officer
- In collaboration with the Senior Partners, oversee the all accounting, finance, financial reporting, treasury, operations, compliance, risk management, investor relations and asset underwriting, acquisition and management of the firm for its various affiliates and funds.
Confidential, Louisville, Kentucky
- Developed and presented to the Board for approval a Derivative Policy to address interest rate, commodity and foreign exchange risk.
- Executed forward starting interest rate SWAPS to address the targeted fixed/variable rate exposure.
- Executed certain forward foreign currency contracts as a hedge to mitigate exposure for the top 5 currency exposures.
- Program is design to start as a static program with layers being added each quarter.
- In collaboration with IT, initiated and completed a process to identify a new merchant processor that will provide enhancements for security and compliance with PCI standards and which result in annual processor fee savings of over $1 million annually.
Confidential, Columbus, Ohio
- Conceptualized, developed and initiated a $100 million open market share repurchase program as part of the Company's strategy to return capital to shareholders.
- Have completed the purchase of approximately $85 million to date.
- In collaboration with the Merger/Acquisition Due Diligence Team, lead the effort to complete the valuation of acquisition assets that included receivables, inventory, leasehold improvements, intangible assets and various bank debt and notes.
- Initiated the development of a capital deployment initiative at the direction of the Board of Directors which resulted in the development of a dividend program that has returned over $228 million to investors as well as the development of an "Opportunistic" share repurchase program.
- Developed and implemented a "risk retention analysis" that resulted in a reduction of casualty fees and expenses of over $850,000 in the initial year of implementation and $1,000,000 in the second year of the program.
Confidential, Columbus, Ohio
- Developed and implemented capital restructuring involving the re-negotiated working capital lines of credit borrowing term debt.
- Executed an accelerated share repurchase program to retire more than 6.2 million shares of stock and which created over $100 million of market value.
- Initiated an insurance broker RFP process that moved the business to a national broker and resulted in an annual premiums savings of over $300,000 or approximately 20% of annual premiums.