Confidential, Portland, Oregon
- Direct or coordinat the supportive services department of a business, agency, or organization.
- Monitor the facility to ensure that it remains safe, secure, and well maintained.
- Analyze internal processes, recommend, and implement procedural or polity changes to improve operations, such as supply changes or the disposal of records.
- Dispose of, or oversee the disposal of surplus or unclaimed property.
- Compile and analyze credit information gathered by investigation.
- Obtain information about potential creditors from banks, credit bureaus, and other credit services, and provide reciprocal information if requested.
- Interview credit applicants by telephone or in person to obtain personal and financial data needed to complete credit report.
- Receive payment by cash, check, credit cards, vouchers, or automatic debits.
- Issue receipts, refunds, credits, or change due to customers.
- Assist customers by providing information and resolving their complaints.
- Calculate total payments received during a time period, and reconcile this with total sales.
- Compute and record totals of transactions.
- Operate telephone switchboard to answer, screen, or forward calls, providing information, taking messages, or scheduling appointments.
- Greet persons entering establishment, determine nature and purpose of visit, and direct or escort them to specific destinations.
- File and Maintain Records.