- High - performance a senior information systems professional with more than 14 years of hands-on experiences in full life cycle of Data Warehouse and Business Intelligence system implementation.
- Expertise in architecting business intelligence systems, developing business requirements, dimensional data modeling (logical and physical), database designing, ETL (extract, transformation, and loading), building metadata for ad-hoc reporting, data migration and data security management.
- Highly proficient in Oracle Data Warehouse and Business Intelligence Solutions with Oracle Warehouse Builder (OWB 2.x, 3i, 9i, 10g, 11g), Oracle Data Integrator (ODI 11g), Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition (OBIEE 10g, 11g), Oracle SQL, PL/SQL development, Oracle Discoverer ( 9i, 10g, 11g), Oracle Portal, Oracle Database (8i, 9i, 10g, 11g), and Oracle Middleware (9i,10g,11g).
- Strategic Planning
- Implementing Department-Wide Change
- Ability to Apply Technical Solutions to Business
- Business Impact Analysis
- Technology Assessment
- Strategic Partnerships
- Hardware and Software Evaluation
- Strategic Sourcing for Technology Platforms
STRATEGY / PLANNING PROFICIENCIES / TECHNICAL SKILL:
- Process Improvement
- Process Discipline
- Data Analysis
- Promote IT Principles, Policies and Processes
- Coaching / Mentoring
- User and Staff T raining / Development
- Client Need Analysis and Management
- Project Management and Development
- Oracle Data Integrator (ODI)
- Oracle BI Publisher
- Oracle External Tables
- Backup and Recovery
- Oracle Warehouse Builder (OWB)
- Oracle BI Answers
- Oracle Discoverer
- Data and Access Security
- Oracle Business Intelligence (OBIEE)
- Oracle BI Administration Tool
- Oracle BI and LDAP integration
- Performance Tuning
Sr. Business Intelligence Architect
- Created and implemented three production releases of data warehousing and business intelligence systems.
- Architected and managed development, test and production databases.
- Analyzed and gathered user, business functional and data (mission-related systems) requirements.
- Created and implemented logical and physical dimensional data models for using Erwin.
- Designed and implemented dimensional data model (logical and physical) using Erwin- identify entities & its relationships and defined users' informational needs for FTC Oracle federal financial data warehouse and documentum (SmartDoc)
- Designed Source to target mappings as per the requirement of the client and business rules to load the data from source systems to ODS and data warehouse using Oracle Data Integrator (ODI 11g).
- Configured, maintained and upgraded ODI master and work repositories.
- Designed and implemented ETL architectures, data mappings and packages using ODI.
- Created and implemented in automating ODI load plan and scenario deployment.
- Mapped source system data elements to target system and developed, tested, and supported extraction, transformation and load processes.
- Defined and captured metadata and rules associated with ETL processes.
- Design and develop the technical/functional specification for ETL development and implement using ODI also analyzed various ETL processes, error exception handing, and maintain logs
- Designed and implemented various Management Data Dashboards and reports for Bureau of Competition, Consumer Protection, and Economic using OBIEE 11g.
- Designed and built Management Data Dashboard (MDD) system for FTC investigations, litigation, compliance and enforcement, staff activities and status funding. Also integrated documentum (Doc- Smart) and FTC oracle federal financial to MDD.
- Built and worked extensively with physical layer, business layer and presentation layer in OBIEE RPD.
- Added users and configured security in Weblogic console of OBIEE 11g.
- Managed development Oracle databases and OBIEE Weblogic console.
- Managed security privileges for each subject area and dashboards according to user requirements.
- Created FTC Enterprise System Monitoring Setup for system operational team.
- Created production database backup and recovery methodology for production database administrator team.
DW/ BI Consultant
- Managed and maintained Confidential Oracle federal financial data warehouse.
- Developed programming to build SF 133 Reports (daily, monthly, quarterly and year-end) on Budget Execution and Budgetary Resources based on OMB Circular A-11 guidance also created and maintained status of funds, trail balances, invoice detail and financial audit reports.
- Designed and implemented Oracle Federal Financial reports using Oracle Business Intelligence (OBIEE) 10g and 11g.
- Migrated and created over 500+ financial reports from Oracle Discoverer ad-hoc reports to OBIEE answers, publishers and dashboards Confidential office of financial management
- Migrated, built and managed OBIEE RPD - physical layer, business model, and presentation layer.
- Managed user securities, group roles, and data access privileges within OBIEE and Oracle database.
- Implemented and managed OBIEE production deployments.
- Managed migration of OBIEE dashboards and reports between developments to production.
- Analyzed end-user query performance when implementing and tuning OBIEE.
- Performed OBIEE performance tuning, troubleshooting and workarounds.
- Involved in upgrading, configuring and troubleshooting from upgrading OBIEE10 to OBIEE11g.
- Managed users and application roles within Oracle Weblogic 11g.
- Managed artifacts - versions, including software code, documents, design models, and even the directory structure itself.
- Assessed and provided solutions on performance tunings for major key federal financial reports on Confidential Financial data warehouse.
- Built and added table partitions on general ledger tables.
- Worked and troubleshooting on ETL (extract, transformation and loading) Confidential financial data warehouse databases.
DW/BI Team Lead
- Built Confidential medical data warehouse and business intelligence of vital occupational and environmental health information for the Air Force and senior government officials.
- Assessed Global Expeditionary Medical System ( Confidential ) requirements for Assessment and Demonstration Center (ADC) data warehouse and business intelligence.
- Developed strategies for use in high volume, high performance heterogeneous environment.
- Created a logical and physical dimensional model for Confidential .
- Created a data model for full-spectrum personal surveillance - Directed Energy and Sensors.
- Completed database migration from MS SQL Server 2000, 2008 to Oracle database 10g.
- Developed ETL for Confidential DW/BI using OWB 10g r2 (Oracle Warehouse Builder).
- Developed ad-hoc Discoverer reports for Confidential and Directed Energy and Sensors.
- Conducted performance tuning for ad-hoc reports.
- Created, configured, and maintained Oracle DB 10g and Oracle AS 10g for ADC demo, development, and system integration environments.
- Configured Oracle Authority to enable SSL on BI applications.
- Configured Hyper Text Transfer Protocol Secure (HTTPS) on Oracle infrastructure and Oracle application server.
- Managed user access privileges for Business Intelligence applications.
- Built and worked a technical architecture for USAF contact proposals and the contract was ed successfully.
- Solved and supported technical and operational issues for program manager(s).
- Installed, configured, added security and implemented OBIEE 10g.
- Built and created BI reports and dashboards for Global Expeditionary Medical Systems.
Sr. DW Developer
- Assessed requirements for building Disability Access Review and Advisory Committee (DARAC) data mart.
- Designed DARAC multidimensional data model.
- Created ETL scripts and added type 2 changes for all dimension tables for DARAC data mart.
- Deployed and implemented DARAC data mart to FEMA production environment.
- Completed data summarization and ad-hoc reports.
BI and DW Team Lead
- Developed, managed and delivered over 300+ ad-hoc reports for twenty-five business reporting areas within USDA Forest Service.
- Gathered and analyzed business requirements from program managers and Corporate Data Warehouse (CDW) committees.
- Assessed existing Forest service Corporate Data Warehouse issues and provided solution Provided Discoverer training for power and end users.
- Implemented performance enhancements on Data Warehouse Systems.
- Created materialized view to support automated and summarized reports for multiple asset areas.
- Evaluated and assessed existing transactional reports and tuned performances.
- Built performance indication reports for OMB deliverable and year-end reporting.
- Full support on fiscal year-end closing and reports.
Senior Principal Consultant
- Built customized views from Oracle11i (11.5.9) Financial Applications (GL) for budget and program solutions.
- Used materialized views to create month-end, quarter-end, and year-end reports for management.
- Created EUL and business area for analysis of budget and forecasting Navy resources systems.
- Configured and performance tuning on Discoverer Plus and Discoverer Viewer for SSO users.
- Created pay view forecast, strength plan, base pay, retired pay accrual, medical benefit accrual, subsistence and special pays ad-hoc reports for analyzing budget and forecasting resources.
- Analyzed Total Force Manpower Management System for advanced cost elements.
- Defined and analyzed DHS requirements for building Data Mart.
- Modified existing ETL and enhanced data acquisition strategies.
- Created and turned materialized views to create ad-hoc reports for federal agencies.
- Rebuilt hierarchies of organization within ETL using Oracle Warehouse Builder 9i.
- Rebuilt hierarchies and drill downs on OLAP reports using Oracle Discoverer 9i.
- Configured Oracle 9i AS and Discoverer tier to support Discoverer Plus and Discoverer Viewer for private and public end-users.
- Customized parameters with existing and new OLAP reports.
- Defined management and operational report requirements for federal agencies.
- Supported system integration testing and production releases.
- Defined and analyzed business and functional requirements of Grant Management Systems (GMS) and Integrated Financial Management Information Systems (IFMIS), cost posting and office on violence against Woman within office of justice programs.
- Analyzed and designed operational data store and financial data warehouse for GMS systems, IFMIS, and cost posting systems.
- Analyzed data in legacy systems and created data acquisition strategies.
- Designed logical and physical multi-dimensional model for IFMIS, GMS, and cost posting systems.
- Created and designed ETL strategy for consolidating and merging legacy database, Integrated financial and grant management data warehouse.
- Built custom transformations and mapped to OWB 9i.
- Created materialized views to support summarized financial reports.
- Built test plans for system integration testing and user acceptance testing.
- Managed data access, user security, and EUL (end user layer) in Discoverer administration.
ConfidentialBI and DW Team Lead
- Created strategies for data collection, data analysis, and reporting needs for Material Systems Group Financial Analysis Group (MGS/FMA).
- Helped technical staff to build a proposed architecture for both a short-term and long-term interface solution with Defense Working Capital Fund Accounting System (DWAS).
- Used materialized views to enhance existing reporting systems and support operational and management reports
- Installed and configured Oracle 9iAS R2 and applied required patches.
- Translated 53 financial reports into Oracle Discoverer 9i and Oracle Report 9i.
- Created Oracle portal and Discoverer integration.
- Provided on-the-job- and mentoring on Oracle Reports 9i and Oracle Discoverer 9i.
ConfidentialBI and DW Team Lead
- Gathered and defined business requirements for Surveillance Detection Data Warehouse (SDDW).
- Built SDDW data warehouse architecture and design
- Developed logical and physical multi-dimensional data model.
- Created data acquisition strategies.
- Built ETL mappings for SDDW data warehouse.
- Created and delivered system integration and user acceptance testing documents.
ConfidentialBI and DW Team Lead
- Defined requirements and completely redesigned ETL strategies for Group Operational Passenger System of Department of Transportation (GTN21).
- Identified business rules of source data.
- Identified metadata and designed metadata repositories.
- Analyzed source feed and sampled the source data systems.
- Installed and configured OWB9i.
- Designed staging data store (SDS) repositories.
- Developed data acquisition (ETL) strategies.
- Developed customized transformations for complex conditional mandatory fields using PL/SQL.
- Installed and configured Discoverer 4i administration and Discoverer desktop 4i.
- Configured 9iAS within Discoverer Plus 4i and Discoverer Viewer 4i.
- Developed EUL and business area for detailed reports and summary reports.
- Created materialized views to support summary reports and ad-hoc reports.
- Defined hierarchies for OLAP reports.
- Researched Oracle warehouse builder, Oracle enterprise manager, and Oracle workflow integration.
- Supported Oracle Portal and Oracle Discoverer integration.
ConfidentialBI and DW Team Lead
- Analyzed and gathered requirements of medical inventory system.
- Analyzed existing objects in database and recommended optimized Oracle solutions.
- Used Oracle Graphic Builder to create graphical drill-down for AD-Hoc reports.
- Created medical inventory reports using Oracle reports.
- Used materialized view to resolve performance issues on reporting systems.
- Configured Oracle report server to run Web reports.
- Created Oracle reports concentrating on graphic drill-down features for use by executives
- Installed 9iAS R1 and configured HTTP server.
ConfidentialBI and DW Team Lead
- Developed multi-dimensional logical and physical data model for procurement analysis data warehouse.
- Developed data acquisition strategies - detailed extraction, transformation, and loading strategies.
- Created complete data mappings for consolidating multiple sources databases into enterprise data warehouse.
- Developed purchasing fact tables that containing purchase orders, delivery, and detailed supplier item information.
- Created custom transformations, slowly changing dimensions, dimensional key lookup, measure calculation, currency conversion, and data cleansing using PL/SQL within OWB3i.
- Conducted performance tuning and testing of PL/SQL scripts.
- Developed testing strategy documents for unit testing, system testing, integration testing, and data validation.
- Created multi-dimensional data model for student and student testing score information data warehouse.
- Created physical data models and deployed on staging and production environments.
- Installed, configured Oracle 8i database and OWB 2.1 on the production server.
- Created ETL custom transformations using within OWB, PL/SQL and Oracle Package DBMS SQL.
- Developed mappings and loaded data from multiple source systems.
- Performance tuning on PL/SQL scripts.
- System integration testing for full initial and incremental loading.
- Configured database instances, table spaces, and indexes on the development and production servers.
- Delivered data acquisition strategies and data mapping documents.