- Am considered a flexible Consumer industry focused business and technology leader, driven by desire to add significant value for clients through innovative consulting, technology and outsourcing solutions in Retail and CPG spaces.
- For 35+ years have successfully led large sales, marketing, solutions & global delivery teams to build consumer centric businesses. Successfully organized and led growth strategy and execution for new accounts acquisitions, architecting ITO/business transformation deals, but have worked in all areas of Retail as a Retailer before returning to school altering my occupation from Retail Executive to IT.
- Have been a Retail - IT professional for over 25+ years rising from a “Bit Flipper” to a CIO of a Billion+ dollar retailer and was recognized as an industry thought leader, actively generating leading POV’s and was recognized two years running by RIS News & CSC as systems implementation professional of the year in the Merchandising and In-Store areas.
- Involved in growing digital (online/e-commerce, Mobility), POS, ERP, Planning, CRM, SCM and Infrastructure practices, internally and as a consultant.
- Responsibilities are varied within the organization including but not limited to assisting the sales group in US/ Confidential /Latin America, providing leads in Retail/CPG areas, supporting sales pursuits including new and existing customers by providing expertise, guidance and documentation, currently working with sales in three active pursuits.
- Have successfully assisted in building pipeline by bringing companies that I have personal relationships with to the sales group for face to face meetings, as well as reaching out to the industry in concert with sales or individually.
- Have become a sounding board for internal groups concerning existing and future industry requirements to supplement understanding on how to frame sales and answers customers may require. Have been successful in building more intimate relationships with Oracle Retail across the board as well as partnering with third party providers.
- Have been integral as a team member or leader multiple projects and assessments, domestically and internationally, most recently in Confidential and Confidential .
- Training and focus on digital over the last few months within the organization.
Sr. Business Consultant
- Hired to review Retail Planning environment purchased in the last year from MID Software, learned integrated system and reviewed the existing pre-sales and sales scripts/customer demonstrations.
- Developed new pre-sales and sales demonstrations, wrote new demonstration scripts and proved them by performing a meeting with a potentially new domestic consulting partner, where we received extremely high marks on the demonstrations and the results were they planned next partnering steps for NRF.
- My responsibilities as Sr. Director Retail Expert started with showing our internal clients that Confidential was capable of doing other things besides being a “Body Shop” and being involved in our pursuits around the world as the Retail expert that could hold conversations with everyone in the organization (from technical resource to business leaders and the CXO suite).
- Grew existing client engagements by including consulting services, bringing to bear new hire’s and partnerships where applicable, increasing topline and bottom line growth. Assisted in growing domestic and international accounts like Walmart, Safeway, HEB, Boots, ASDA and others.
- Also helped open up new accounts like Proseguer (Digital/Mobile) in Spain, OverwaiTea in Confidential and was the primary person in in closing Costco International (against Accenture and Infosys) to be the preferred partner for Costco International, where we assisted them in South America, ASIA-Pac and Europe in new areas like POS, iSeries, Mobile, SAP and testing.
- Have been integral in recent planning for other new logos.
- Have led the partnership movement within the company with organizations that can augment Confidential Capabilities and support our customers, like JDA, Oracle Retail, 4R Systems, Mi9, OLR, Tomax and other smaller specialty providers. Authored multiple articles on diverse products that I was part of with our customers like Mobile iBeacons, GeoFencing and 360 Degree Scanning.