- Implementing, Enhancing, and Supporting Enterprise Applications
- Collaborative IT professional that has produced and managed the delivery of solutions for a plethora of business systems, producing quality projects to support business critical needs.
- A vast amount of experience in developing and supporting for the IBM AS400 (iSeries), prioritizing issues and ensuring maximum system availability.
- Strong understanding of technologies and processes underlying enterprise business systems.
- Developed applications on the AS400 from design, programming, testing, through to deployment and support.
- Implemented, enhanced and supported ERP, Logistics, and Distribution systems to meet business requirements and expectations.
- Maximizes budgets to provide the greatest benefit return.
- Focused on end user satisfaction.
- Application Development & Maintenance
- Business System Service Delivery
- Vendor Management
- Project Management and Technical Team Leadership
- 20 years + of IBM AS400 experience
- Process, Standards & Change Management
- Budgeting, Cost Control
- RPG, RPG ILE, SQL, CL, DDS, JAVA
Confidential, Richardson, Texas
Director IT Operations
- Led the application operations delivery team.
- Ensured delivery across the application portfolio including SAP Wholesale, SAP Retail, CRM, SAP HR, Websites, Retail Stores, Distribution Centers, PLM, and Business Intelligence. Supported and developed for the AS400.
- Ensured delivery of services to agreed SLA’s. Reported to management on service level attainment and ensuring month on month improvement.
- Managed the multimillion - dollar maintenance budget, maximizing agreements and application retirements to achieve significant savings.
- Drove design and implementation of processes for Incident, Problem, Release, and Change Management. Pushed continuous improvement, proactively reducing user incidents.
- Delivered Peak season. Half of sales for the year are delivered in the last quarter. Prepared and executed a tight plan to ensure seamless delivery of services even on the highest volume days.
- Ensured application currency, increasing the supportability of solutions, staying on top of security & compliance, and introducing new functionality.
- Managed the discretionary enhancements for the application portfolio. $2 million budget to deliver high impact improvements to the business community.
- The ‘Go To’ person for all things related to the AS400.
Director Application Development
- Supported and developed for the applications on the AS400 (iSeries) in RPG and RPG ILE.
- Drove the standardization of integration between applications and trading partners across the enterprise. Moved from SAP XI to PI then PO.
- Delivered solutions to ensure PCI compliance. Removed Fossil’s exposure to credit card fraud in their wholesale, retail and on-line applications
- Spearheaded the technical team in the release management of enhancements and fixes to support business needs and IT strategy.
- Secured the integrity of the application environment, ensuring the delivery of fixes and operational support, giving stability to allow business continuity and growth.
Manager Application Development
- Established a strong and capable development team to enable Fossil to continue its rapid growth and to allow the business teams to realize their full potential.
- Supported the distribution centers by implementing an automated conveyor system integrated into the warehouse management system (PkMS on the AS400 by Manhattan Associates).
- Led the technical team in the rollout of SAP for our wholesale business, first in the USA, then across Europe (Germany, France, Italy, UK, Switzerland). Removing the different systems each country had used, giving unified applications and much better visibility across the enterprise.
- Implemented SAP IS Retail at Fossil. Standardized the integration from retail stores in the US, Canada, across Europe, and Australia. Allowed greater clarity to the business on trends and opportunities.
- Instrumental in the implementation of SAP HR, SAP CRM, SAP XI. Trusted Link Enterprise for EDI. Managed the development of a web-based system to manage spare parts globally. Implemented UC4 to operate the batch schedule across all systems.
- Kept all systems current. Managed the enhancement process across the portfolio. Supported all peak seasons, ensuring delivery of services to enable business efficiency.