- Over 8+ years of IT experience as a Data Analyst working in Healthcare, Oil & Gas, Telecom domains.
- Problem solver and self - motivated leader and team player, capable of excelling in high-pressure environments and working effectively with development teams and stakeholders in an organization.
- Proven ability and extensive knowledge working in teams implementing various Software Development Methodologies like Agile and Waterfall.
- Experience working on TOGAF and Zachman Architecture. Certified Scrum Master.
- A result-oriented IT Consultant with offering above 8+ years of a successful career with diverse roles.
- Associated with Confidential as Data Analyst - Assurance Service and Agile Delivery.
- Demonstrated excellence in handling complex projects with global implementation and rapidly evolving requirement, while ensuring delivery of project under stringent timelines.
- Strong experience in Business and Data Analysis, Data Modeling, Data Migration, Data Conversion, Data Quality, Data Governance, Data Integration and Metadata Management Services and Configuration Management.
- In-depth knowledge of RDBMS concepts with expert knowledge of constructing Relational Database according to business requirement.
- Experience in working with project managers and cross functional teams during various project implementations
- Extensive experience in requirements analysis including Gap, Ambiguity and Risk analysis.
- Participated in JAD sessions, created Use Cases, workflows and Power Point presentations.
- Gathering and translating business requirements into technical designs and development of the physical aspects of a specified design.
- Expert in Data Conversion, Normalization, Multi-Dimensional Modeling and involved in creation of Fact Tables, Dimension Tables, Star Schema and Snowflake dimensional schema using Erwin Tool.
- Designed and developed Data Marts by following Star Schema and Snowflake Schema Methodology, using industry leading Data Modeling tools like Erwin/Pentaho
- Have worked with ETL tools to extract, transform and load data from relational databases and various file formats and loaded to target database.
- Excellent knowledge in SQL and coding PL/SQL Packages, Procedures.
- Experience in creating Materialized views, Views, Lookups for the Oracle warehouse.
- Experience in various phases of Software Development life cycle (Analysis, Requirements gathering, Designing) with expertise in documenting various requirement specifications, functional specifications, Test Plans, Source to Target mappings, SQL Joins.
- Good experience in development of reports using Oracle Report, Tableau, Power BI.
- Good knowledge on Azure DevOps, JIRA.
- Worked on continuous integration/continuous deployment using Git Hub.
- Hands on experience in performing SQL queries for retrieving data from different data sources.
DBMS: Oracle 11/12
Database Specialties: Database Architecture, Data Analysis, Enterprise Data Warehouse, Database Design and Modeling, Data extraction, Integration, transformation and Migration, ETL Architecture and Design Data Warehouse, OLTP, OLAP, Report Design and Development.
Data Analysis: User Requirement Gathering, JAD Sessions, Gap Analysis, Data Cleansing, Data Transformations, Data Profiling, Source Systems Analysis, Data Relationships
Data Modeling: Erwin, Pentaho, MS Visio
Reporting Tools: Tableau, Power BI, Oracle Reports
Programming: SQL, PL: SQL, JSP, SAS, R, Python
Web technologies: HTML, XML, CSS
Microsoft Office: MS Excel, MS Word, MS Project, Teams
Tools: JIRA, Tableau, Power BI, Service Now, HPPM, MS Visio, MS Office, Open Office, GitHub, j-Developer, SQL Developer, Pl-SQL Developer, Oracle Forms and Reports Developer, SAP Lumira
Confidential, New York
- Developed and maintained ETL (Data Extraction, Transformation and Loading) mappings to extract the data from multiple source systems that comprise databases like Oracle, SQL Server, flat files to the Staging area, Data Warehouse and then to the Data Marts
- Maintained SQL scripts and complex queries for analysis and extraction
- Extracted data from various source systems like XML, flat-files, CSV, Oracle
- Created a centralized area for Ad-Hoc reporting for Sales and Product Development
- Performed and presented Data analysis, Data Cleaning, Wrangling and prediction modeling for complex data and files
- Translated data requirements between front-line consulting staff and technical resources by creating reports and dashboards using Oracle Report, SQL and Tableau
- Modified some existing OLAP cubes. Add attributes, new dimensions etc
- Involved in documenting the source to target data mappings, business rules and data definitions
- Perform in depth analysis of data & prepare daily reports by using SQL, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint etc.
- Worked in Agile Scrum and involved in Daily Scrum meeting, Scrum review and retrospective
- Coordinated and monitored the sprint progress to ensure the timely flow and complete delivery of the project
- Worked in conjunction with development team and senior management in preparation of data mapping reports, validation reports, and business reports
- Developed user stories and training materials for the end users and trained them on the new system
- Responsible for defining the functional requirement documents for each source to target interface
- Document, clarify, and communicate requests for change requests with the requestor and coordinate with the development and testing team
Confidential, New Jersey
- Managed reconciliation adjustments to Oracle to maintain inventory accuracy and posts to the General Ledger
- Developed and tested extraction, transformation, and load (ETL) processes
- Developed different reports using Power BI, Tableau, Oracle Reports to help client stakeholders understand business needs and requirements better
- Maintained database of application used by client by fixing coding errors and other data related problem
- Designed and developed PL/SQL objects based on business user requirements and business rules to load data from source flat files and oracle tables to target tables
- Collaborated with programmers, engineers, and organizational leaders to identify opportunities for process improvements, recommend system modifications, and developed policies for data governance
- Develop processes and procedures for data mapping, compliance and statement validation
- Used statistical tools to interpret data sets, paying attention to trends and patterns that could be valuable for diagnostic and predictive analytics efforts
- Ensure that models conform to established best practices (including normalization rules) and accommodate change in a cost-effective and timely manner.
- Enforce standards to ensure that the data elements and attributes are properly named,
- Work with the business and the ETL developers in the analysis and resolution of data related problem tickets.
- Support development teams creating applications against supported databases.
- Provide 24 x 7 problem management supports to the development team
- Used agile project management methodologies, such as Scrum to design, develop, and deploy complex Projects
Confidential, New York
- Collaborated with the client to gather requirement and understand the end to end business process
- Led a team of five as a Business Analyst, coordinated with Business stake holders to understand the requirement from business point of view and documented understanding to turn the requirements into Technical user stories for IT team
- Developed Data Analytics content involving Data Manipulation and Visualization, Python programming, SQL and ETL for Data Extraction.
- Designing suite of Interactive dashboards, which provided an opportunity to scale and measure the statistics of the HR department which was not possible earlier and schedule and publish reports.
- Provided and created data presentation to reduce biases and telling true story of people by pulling millions of rows of data using SQL and performed Exploratory Data Analysis.
- Applied breadth of knowledge in programming (Python, R), Descriptive, Inferential, and Experimental Design statistics, advanced mathematics, and database functionality (SQL)
- Worked on specific deliverables like business requirement documents, functional design specification, user stories, use cases, process flows, test cases, current state & future state workflows, requirement traceability matrix and end user training materials
- Worked on Release Management part during each sprint release
- Project Status tracking in JIRA and sharing consolidated reports to Executive management
- Developed concepts and strategies, define project/ test scope, procedures, and objectives, and coordinated cross-functional and technical team resources
- Worked on managing and delegating incidents and defects using Service Now
- Ensured that the goals of the Incident Management process are achieved restoring normal service as soon as possible based on customer perspective and within defined SLA
- Worked with Cognos reporting team to export xml framework manager model from IDA
- Validated and updated the appropriate Models to process mappings, screen designs, use cases, business object model, and system object model as they evolved and changed.
- Regular work reviews & supporting test units
- Created Model reports including Data Dictionary, Business reports.
- Generated SQL scripts and implemented the relevant databases with related properties from keys, constraints, indexes & sequences.
- Conducted JAD sessions, gathered information from Business Analysts, SQL Developers, end users and stakeholders to determine the requirements or various systems.
- Executed various testing methods such as black box, functional, regression and user acceptance testing to validate requirements are met
- Determined the root cause of failure in the application by using MySQL environment and application logs
- Utilized SQL and PL/SQL for test setup and data validation on Access, Oracle, SQL Server
- Helped to develop test plans for both System Testing, End to End Business Testing and UAT testing
- Gathered and Analyzed data in support of business cases, writing test plans and scripts for tracking defects and fixes in product development, software application development, information systems, and operations systems
- Created and documented the models, data Workflow Diagrams, Sequence Diagrams, Activity Diagrams and field mappings of all existing system.
- Proficient in using ERwin Reverse engineering, Forward engineering and Complete Compare functions to create, updated and resolve issues with existing data models.
- Created and implemented ERwin Naming Standards and Domain in the design of creation of logical and physical data models in accordance with the company’s standards
- Created process flows and data flow diagrams of the current and future systems.
- Performed dependency and gap analysis for data structure changes on other downstream applications and impact of new data elements on existing downstream processes.
- Designed and produced logical and physical data models for the financial platform and other in-house applications running on Oracle databases.
- Developed ETL procedures for moving data from source to target systems.
- Worked closely with both functional and technical team on the creation of data models which can seamlessly integrate with existing data structures on multiple Oracle databases integrated by database links.
- Generated Surrogate Key for the dimensions in the fact table for indexed and faster access of data
- Performed gap analysis and dependency analysis for current & future systems.
- Designed Star Schema Data Models for Enterprise Data Warehouse using Power Designer.
- Created Mapping documents for Staging, ODS & Data Mart Layers.