- Certified Professional Application Developer, IBM Lotus Notes, 15+ years, v.4.0 to 8.53.
- Full Life Cycle SDLC development: from Business Analysis, System Analysis, Requirements Gathering, Full Documentation for Users, Developers and Managers, Context - sensitive Help, version control.
- Produced rapid ROI with million dollar bottom-line impacts by automating processes.
- Specializing in Knowledge Management Systems, Application Frameworks, Workflow Automation.
- Good team player, capable of collaborating or working independently with little supervision.
- Excellent analysis, communication, collaboration and interpersonal skills.
- Solid understanding of core business processes, collaborative applications, team building.
- Full life cycle development and full project documentation, including test plans and user .
- Identified productivity busters and re-engineered or streamlined processes for automation.
- Rescued late projects and brought back on track
- Designed re-usable frameworks (architecture) for Knowledge Management Systems.
Lotus Notes: Lotus Notes/Domino Designer, R4.0 thru R8.5.3, XPages, Administrator 8.5.3
Lotus Technologies: Lotus Enterprise Integrator LEI, Lotusscript Extensions and Data Objects, LSX, LSDO, NotesSQL, Quickplace, QuickR, Sametime
Content Mgmt.: IBM Content Manager, Notes and Java editions
Power Tools: Trilog Flowbuilder, Notrix Powerflow, Notrix Data pump.
Databases: Oracle 9, 8.x, SQL Server 7.0, DB2, and MS-Access
J2EE Technologies: RMI, EJB, Servlets, JSP, Struts, XML
J2EE Tools: JBuilder, Eclipse, Websphere Application Studio WAS 5.0
Operating systems: OS/400, Windows 7/XP/NT/2000, AIX, MS-DOS (5.0/6.22)
Web Servers: Domino 8.5.3, 7x, 6x, WebSphere 5.0, Apache Tomcat, Java Web Server
Desktop tools: MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Access, Power point). Visio, Project
Graphics: MS Photo, PhotoShop 5,4,3.
- Full Software Development Life Cycle with multiple iterations.
- Analyzed business processes as part of cross-functional teams.
- Interviewed users, managers to generate the application requirements.
- Lead the application development team.
- Planned the application architecture and security frameworks.
- Planned and designed the Knowledge Management Systems and implemented solutions
- Established standards for development, including usability, appearance, and coding standards
- Provided system administration support.
- Imported, connected to or migrated data and content from other RDBMS systems.
- Facilitated rapid, collaborative team development efforts.
Confidential, Maumee OH
- Support for 20,000 legacy Notes applications, custom and third-party, with enhancements and bug-fix, for automotive industry giant. 22,000 users, 26 countries, 90 locations, doing $5B in sales.
- Standard Notes applications, some web deployments, LEI data pump connecting to Oracle, DB2.
Environment: Mail--Outlook. Applications-- IBM Notes 6.5 to 8.5.3, clustered production servers on AS/400 and Windows, Hub-and-spoke Replication on 5 continents. Development/test servers. Mixed server environment—Novell, Unix. Browser IE 8.0, 9.0. Windows XP Pro, 7 Pro.
Confidential, Cincinnati, OH
- Develop and Support major upgrades to mission critical Notes applications, for managing $2B+ annual sales.
- Upgrades included context-sensitive help systems, upgraded reporting capabilities and content enhancements through links to external databases, custom scripted elements (LotusScript).
- Developed a system for assignment of approval authority (security, routing) based on complex business rules.
- Created as a reusable component with custom classes and script libraries, and incorporated the common design elements in a suite of applications under development for the P&G Chemicals division.
- Used LEI data pump for interfacing with custom Oracle back end, in turn connecting to SAP systems, Demand Planning, etc.
Environment: 135,000 Notes client users, worldwide. Outlook/Exchange mail client, with MS Communicator. 1000+ users of 4 mission-critical, custom Notes applications, with replicating Application Servers on 3 continents. 2 development/test servers, 2 production servers. Third Party System Administration. Lotus Notes 5.10, 6.5x. Mixed server environment—Novell, Unix. IE 6.0 Browser. Windows XP.
Confidential, Elk Grove Village, IL.
- Deliver complex workflow applications with strict requirements and short timeframes.
- Developed a system for generating Notes documents as HTML images for an external imaging database. Packaged it a as a reusable component with script libraries, and incorporated the common design elements in a suite of applications under development for the HR department.
- Used Notrix data pump for data import and Notrix Powerflow for managing complex workflow processes, including security and notifications.
Environment: 1,000 users, 35 branch offices, regional. 50+ Notes custom applications to support. 1 development/test servers, 8 production servers in Chicago area. Unix, Citrix environment with virtual workstations. IE 6.0 Browser. Windows XP. Notes 6.5x.
Confidential, CHICAGO, IL
Senior Notes Consultant
- Designed Document and Content Management Systems and Application Architecture around a core set of employee and customer information databases.
- Updated Designs or designed new custom applications around a set of common, reusable script libraries for automated workflow.
- These user-configurable and re-usable workflow components include:
- Name- and- Rank component for identifying roles, and responsibilities
- Notification component.
- Business Rules component.
- Workflow component with definable states and actions
- Versioning control component
- Stale-dating or aging component for removing historical or expired documents
- Reminder or “Nagging” component for follow-up notification
Environment: 10,000 users, worldwide. 1500+ Notes custom applications to support, dating back 10 years. 3 development servers, 2 test servers, 9 production servers in Chicago alone. Unix/AIX. IE 6.0 Browser. Windows XP. Migrating from Notes .