Performance - driven executive with progressive technology process development and strategic planning. Proven experience as a leader and motivator, with a history of excellence throughout professional and military careers. Highly effective at creating enterprise vision, articulating strategy, building consensus, mentoring and facilitating communication. Organizational development leader across multiple industries: Manufacturing, Distribution, Utilities, Oil and Gas, Banking, Telecommunications and Government.
- Business Architecture and Transformation
- Practice Management
- Partnership Development
- Strategic Planning
- Problem Solving
- Cost Center Management
- Translating end state models into blueprints including recommendation of components, and determination of application layers
- Defining and use of architecture frameworks, architectures, and architecture related tools
Enterprise Architecture Frameworks: Zachman, DoDAF, FEAF, TOGAF, SPEWAK
Enterprise Architecture Tools: System Architect, Mega
Transformation: Business Process Engineering, Strategic Visioning, Strategic Planning, Governance
ERP Federal Financials: SAP R/3, (FI, CO, GL, SCM), Oracle (AR, AP, GL) PeopleSoft (HRMS)
Confidential, Fairfax, VA
- Developed a unified process and a set of artifacts for creating strategic roadmaps for Confidential .
- Existing roadmap formats were analyzed and brought together into a single methodology.
- The new methodology incorporated business strategy, definition of business capabilities and underlying business services, defined the AS-IS and TO-BE states, performed a gap analysis and developed the transition plan to close the gaps.
Confidential, Washington, DC
- Align strategic goals and objectives with key business and IT initiatives.
- Work with customers and other enterprise architects to formulate policies and plans that support the enterprise goals, implement efficient business processes and leverage use of existing IT assets.
- Work to develop an integrated view of the enterprise using a repeatable approach, cohesive framework, industry standard techniques and best practices.
- Used Mega to capture the architecture artifacts.
Confidential, Washington, DC
- Assisted with the Records Management transformation effort through the development of a Target Business Architecture.
Confidential, Washington, DC
Enterprise Architect (Business Architect)
- Led the consulting team to define the Business Architecture for Integrated Domain Awareness (IDA), the effective understanding of and ability to share risks, threats, and information across the domains.
- This involved using Strategic Requirements to develop People, Cargo, and Conveyances capability models for each of the Domains (Air, Land, and Maritime) through almost 30 facilitated workshops in 10 months.
- Information collected during workshop exercises was analyzed resulting in identified, prioritized, and proposed strategic improvement opportunities to address gaps associated with IDA Challenges.
- The team developed initial alignment of current and planned IT Systems to the Domain Awareness Investment Portfolio.
- Developed draft IDA Strategy language for the Confidential Roadmap.
- Identified proposed transition projects to overcome identified gaps.
- Developed draft Baseline Business Views for People for each of the Domains.
Confidential, Arlington, VA
Senior Technical Project Manager (Business / Enterprise Architect)
- Project Lead on an Confidential project to capture detailed information about existing applications to enhance the As-Is Enterprise Architecture and to make retention or retirement recommendations for 7 Priority Investment Initiatives.
- Requested to create and develop business architecture artifacts for two of the ESM departments
- Release Management and Triage. Interviews were conducted with the operational teams and business models were created using DoDAF IDEF, Operational View, and BPMN models.
- Once the models were created in Visio and validated by the teams, a Concept of Operations document was created to capture the process nuances.
- The models were delivered to the Business Architecture team led by Confidential .
Confidential, Arlington, VA
Principal (Business / Enterprise Architect)
- Provisioning is the End-to-End process that describes how a customer places an order for services through the evaluation, implementation, and testing phases of the life cycle process. Using the Confidential Architecture Framework, led the team to capture the Business Architecture using Operational View, IDEF, and UML models.
- The final step of the modeling phase included mapping COBIT and ITIL to the activities and processes.
- Once the models were completed, the information was used to create a Concept of Operations that described the Provisioning Process.
- The entire package gave DISA the first “As Is” Enterprise Architecture for the Provisioning Process.
Confidential, Herndon, VA
Director (ERP Specialist)
- Responsible for a new Confidential Business Transformation Agency contract to perform risk assessments on selected Major Automated Information Systems, primarily Service Component ERP implementations.
- The purpose of these assessments is to help speed the fielding of business capabilities through the early identification of risk and to develop mitigation strategies to address this risk.
Confidential, McLean, VA
- Provided strategy, implementation and product advice to Confidential regarding the DEAMS and ECSS implementations of the Oracle Federal Financial and Manufacturing applications.
- Taught the team about USSGL, SFIS, the Oracle Federal Financial Applications, data conversion strategy, and interface strategy.
- Organized and lead an ERP Conference at Confidential that presented ERP issues, implementation considerations, and future ERP developments.
- Advisor to the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) with their implementation of the SAP R/3applications.
- The Integrated Financial System (IFS) project included the federal version of the financial systems.
- Responsibilities included reviewing proposals, business case, design, development, testing documents, providing insight and input to the IRS Project Director.
- Other assistance included negotiation support, testing monitoring, and research into performance measurements and issue resolution.
- Evaluated the FEAF, DODAF and Zachman Enterprise Architecture (EA) models and selected components and artifacts to comprise the Peace Corps EA using System Architect.
- Defined the Financial Management and Planning Enterprise
- Led the Volunteer Recruiting and Placement “As Is and To Be” EA through two retreats as well as Post Operations.
- Created the Confidential 2005 Exhibit 300 template and taught the Peace Corps how to complete the document - agency completed Confidential 2006 themselves.
- Wrote the Confidential 2005 Financial Management and Planning OMB Exhibit 300 and provided input and guidance on the budgeting process and three other exhibits.
- Identified errors in Oracle licensing to more than pay for the Confidential engagement.
- Assisted with the establishment of IT Governance and Capital Planning and Investment processes.
- Created the first EA To-Be Business Vision of the Agency through the end of 2009. provides clinical and translational researchers with the and tools they need to transform basic discoveries into improved human health.
- Confidential was burdened with aging technology and stovepipes across its operational mission, Grants Management.
- Designed and facilitated a series of workshops that brought together the operational and administrative departments to capture the “As Is” and “To Be” Business Architecture.
- Utilized the System Architect application to apply standards and a disciplined methodology to capture the EA models.
- Developed a Concept of Operations for the Grants Management life cycle process to accompany the models.
- Defined and developed systems requirement specifications for the technology solution that combined case management, interactive document development and collaboration, a searchable document repository, and dashboard reporting capabilities.
- Investigated, interviewed, and documented prime vendors of the targeted solution.
- Defined requirement process scenarios that the vendors would use to demonstrate how their products met Confidential requirements.
- Organized and scheduled vendor demonstrations enabling Confidential to participate in the demonstrations and vote for the vendor who demonstrated the best match to their requirements.
- The department required integrated tools to streamline the grants development, grants approval, and grants reporting processes across disparate offices within Confidential .
- With three months to go before the end of the fiscal year and with $1 Million dollars for a solution, the work involved defining the scope, business processes, coordinating with Confidential IT and Confidential, as well as coordinating a competitive demonstration that the Confidential community would use to select a vendor.
- Utilizing System Architect to capture the “As Is” functions, activities, and business processes helped to define the solution scope through workshops with participants from across the department. “To Be” workshops helped to define the vision and solution requirements.
- These two sets of artifacts were integrated with the Confidential EA once the solution was selected.
- Solution requirements included: combined case management, interactive document development and collaboration, a searchable document repository, and dashboard reporting capabilities.
- A Request for Proposal was created based on solution requirements and requirement process scenarios were developed for competitive vendor demonstrations.
- Investigated, interviewed, and documented prime vendors of the targeted solution.
- Organized and scheduled the vendor demonstrations enabling Confidential personnel to participate in the demonstrations and vote for the vendor who demonstrated the best match to their requirements.
- A vendor was selected and a Purchase Order was fully executed prior to year-end.
Confidential, Atlanta, GA
Consulting Manager - Oracle Financials
- Created the Denver Business Plan. Performed a risk assessment at Confidential for two Oracle financial application instances regarding upgrade and implementation options for R11i. Assisted E* Confidential in defining a global chart of accounts for international rollout of the Oracle applications Release 11i and compiled 24 FSG reports in 6 weeks.
Confidential, Redwood Shores, CA
Practice and Industry Manager
- Responsible for Program/Project Development, Cost Center Management, project staffing, new business development, and project quality. This included preparing forecasts, managing the cost center as well as review and oversight of the projects within the cost center. Responsible for managing and preparing the majority of the cost center proposals, managing business development and account relationships for assigned accounts and completing the booking and billing process for new business and change orders.
- Profit and Loss accounts included Ute Tribal Enterprises, Sandia National Laboratory, Jet Propulsion Laboratory, Nevada Test Site, Idaho Nuclear Energy Laboratory, and Southwest Area Power Administration.
- Assembled and led a team that produced the Oracle Federal Financials Fast Forward Program (R10.7), a rapid implementation methodology, with limited resources. This project included complete setup documents as well as integrated system test scripts across the Federal GL, AP, PO, AR and Federal Administrator modules.
- The Southwest Area Power Administration ( Confidential ) account was a rapid implementation of the Federal Financial applications (R10.7).
- The Confidential and Oracle team met all challenges with innovation and creativity.
- Design, setup and implementation were completed on time and within budget. A second phase was defined to provide support during the year-end close, doubling the revenue for this account. As a result, Confidential became the first Federal Civilian for Oracle Consulting. Received two letters of appreciation and commendation from the Controller, Deputy Controller and the Special Assistant to the Administrator of Southwestern Area Power Administration that were also endorsed by the Oracle Service Industries Executive Vice President.
- Other assignments included business development proposals and providing support to accounts such as the Panama Canal Commission during year-end close and troubleshooting encumbrance accounting (R10.7).
- Led the Budget and General Ledger team at Western Area Power Administrator to design, implement, test and move to production Oracle Federal General Ledger R10.7.
- When assigned to the team, system testing was only three weeks away and the team was nine months behind. In three weeks, I led the team to define the chart of accounts, including the federal budget account model, the set of books, cross validation rules, security responsibilities, integration with the other applications, conversion of FMS data, the Federal reports and year-end closing. During the testing phase, business processes and documentation were refined and implemented.
- Provided support to Larimer County in order to resolve encumbrance out of balance conditions.
- To define the exact causes, system testing was performed on the Purchasing, Payables and General Ledger applications. A detailed test plan provided the framework for the testing and problem resolution. The majority of the problems were resolved by changing the application set-up options and the rest by upgrading from R10.6 to R10.7 of the applications.
- This assignment involved coordinating efforts of the Oracle Consulting, Sales and Development organizations.
- Other assignments included discussions with executive management regarding the future strategic direction of Sandia National Laboratory, leading the definition of a chart of accounts; providing Best Practice presentations and guidance to process owners; financial application integration expertise and guidance, as well as performance and system testing guidance.
Confidential, Cleveland, OH
- Project Manager and special assistant to VPs for engagements from $200K to $20M.
- As the Testing Lead of an Oracle financial systems installation, R10.5, for Consolidated Natural Gas, duties included planning, coordinating, staffing and supervising 10 Confidential and consultant testers.
- In addition to the leadership assignment, planning, scripting, and testing of the Oracle General Ledger was required.
- The project’s goal was to standardize business processes and systems for the eight companies under the Confidential umbrella.
- As a Deployment Project Manager for Pacific Bell’s Standard Desktop project, responsibilities included scoping, planning, scheduling, budgeting, ordering hardware and coordinating with Pacific Bell technical, implementation and networking groups for 3 organizations.
- This project standardized the technical network infrastructure, e-mail system, PC hardware and MS Office software.
- Wrote the umbrella Confidential Development Methodology that included flexible phases, checklists and a common sense approach to development and implementation for all types of projects such as client-server, data warehousing, internet applications as well as JAD and RAD development.
- On a five month engagement with Cadillac Plastics, a worldwide distributor of plastic products, this assignment was to teach the IS staff the basics of accounting, financial systems, and the fundamentals of the R10.5 Oracle financial systems. In addition, duties included re-engineering the domestic, Australia and New Zealand accounting departments and defining the new chart of accounts for the re-structured company.
- Prepared two classes with handouts for a Confidential Vice President to present to Ameritech. One was a general project management and methodology class and the other detailed the Ameritech methodology for deploying wireless services.
- While on a short-term engagement with Confidential a federally funded government research agency utilizing encumbrance accounting, duties included defining user requirements for management reports across all R10.5 Oracle financial applications, technical specifications, test plans and testing of the reports to ensure compliance with requirements.
- Served as a liaison between the development, post-production support, and al services groups for billing, provisioning and messaging systems. Interviewed end users to determine current requirements and understand business processes.
- Coordinated the review and sign-off of acceptance plans, release notes and materials prior to client delivery.