Seasoned IT/Technology Professional: business analyst, team leader, application developer, performance tuner and mentor. Adept at analyzing and designing systems and procedures, conducting work process upgrading and measurement studies, and preparing operations and procedures to assist management in making more efficient and effective decisions.
Applications/Utilities: (desktop) MS Project, MS Access, SQL Server Studio, MS Word, MS Infopath, MS SharePoint (Mainframe) DB2 (design and administration), COBOL, CICS (Xpediter, EDF, async tasksCETR trace), Websphere MQ, QMF, JCL, VSAM, SFTP Easytrieve, Cool:Gen (IEF), HP (Tandem), DataStage, Informatica Power Center, Oracle, PL/SQL, UNIX, Business Objects, Cognos
Confidential, Dallas, TX
- Worked with command center operations managers understanding current system and flows and gathering new requirements.
- User research documenting workflows and gaps
- Created a business requirements document to simplify, streamline and modernize
- Creatred Agile (Jira) epics and stories
- Facilitated working sessions and a two day session with operations management
- Developed a firm - wide application inventory of mainframe batch jobs, CICS, DB2 and MQ.
- The content is housed in a DB2 database, and spanned 16 disparate footprints. Mentored employees in DB2.
- Developed reporting aspects for a fully automated & modernized internally developed change control application in an Agile environment.
- Created/updated, tested and implemented OPS rules and Confidential .
- Focused on an application area that implemented application processes into OPSMVS (sensing file creation for specific file patterns, demanding in CA-7 jobs, syncing & reconciliation).
- Using OPS rules, created automation for CA CMDB for z discoveries and extracts.
Confidential, Dallas, TX
- Provided application support and for a DB2 Custody Operational Data Store.
- Created an application inventory, consolidated application documentation and architected solutions for developers.
- Participated in onboarding an application to IBM Rational Asset Analyzer.
- Developed and maintained an operational data store of custody and accounting data (COBOL/DB2).
- Defined plans, then conducted recurring and knowledge transfer to onboard employees & offshore resources.
- Mainframe cost optimization
- Monitor IT chargebacks to spot trends.
- Analyze daily high-CPU processes.
- Analyzed, modified and tested COBOL code to reduce CPU.
- Also, performed SQL, index & I/O tuning on DB2 z/OS v10. Worked with AD towers to implement changes.
- Became fluent in the strategic vendor software offerings, conduct and offer ongoing support transitioning to the new vendor.
- Worked with the business (remediating gaps) to onboard clients to the new data mart, achieving savings through decommissioning of the legacy application.
- Prepared customized TCO reports for senior management.
- Managed a team of six. Role included onboarding, technical & application, code reviews, testing and ongoing mentoring.
- Maintained a small Capacity and Performance database on Microsoft SQL Server. Create SQL and views, imported data and identified potential cost reductions
- DataStage developer (UNIX/Oracle) for a Custody data mart.
- Added risk controls, implementing breakglass procedures (creating and enabling firecall userids), separating RACF groups to test or production, created ad-hoc reports for audit.
Confidential, Addison, TX
Consultant, Database Administrator
- DB2 Data Sharing, protected threads, RACF/DB2, REORG, RUNSTATS, recovery, IVP, Oncall