- Over 15 years of progressive experience managing communications and projects across multiple industries
- Extensive communications and project management experience, spanning multip le corporate and government agencies; accomplished track record developing effective communications in support of m anagem ent objectives; able to interact effectively with executive teams; proven expertise producing and m anaging high - quality publications, websites and portals with attentio n to design usability; able to develo p and m aintain project schedules and collaborate with cross-functional team s to achieve timely project completion; demonstrate d success in managing large events (e.g. town halls, receptions, focu s groups).
CORE STRENGTHS/SKI LLS:
Communicatio ns—Strategic, Internal, Organizatio nal Change Managem ent (OCM), Marketing, Im plem entation; Program/Project Management, Web/Graphic Design, Executive Presentatio ns, Marketing, Event Planning
Strategic Communications Consultant
- Developed Strategic Communications Plan to support Confidential ’s Employee Development and Training Operational Plan.
- The Op erational Plan a nd Strategic Communications plan support the VA’s transformation initiative (MyVA) to mo dernize VA’s culture and build the high-performing organization required to serve America’s v eter ans .
- Develop a strategic comm unications plan to relay goals, objectives and initiatives for 5 year Operational P lan.
- Develop concise messaging to evolve the training culture in Confidential for continual performance impro veme nt Develop communication materials utilizing media outlets such as SharePo int portals and websites.
- Ensure message accuracy and consistency for documents and speaking po ints in suppo rt o f the Chief Learning
- D evelop change m anagement driven communicatio n strategies and activities aligned with goals and initiatives.
- Develop materials for key messages and themes targeted to appr opriat e audiences. Brand and promote internal “image” in support of the CLO and EDT Strategic and Operational Plan focused n training improvement in itiatives.
Internal Communications Manager
- Develop Organizational Change Management (OCM) driven comm unicatio ns strategies, activities and presentations for business stakeholders (e.g. employees, managers, leaders) to support programs and initiatives that contribute to and result in improv ed pro cesses and enhanced em ployee engagement.
- Design communication plans to suppo rt strategic employee programs and cult ure ; co llaborate with multiple groups and stakeholders to execute and measure the effectiveness of OCM-based comm unicatio n activit ie s
- Manage the consolidation of multiple legacy SharePoint intranets into a unified platform to enhance
Sr . Communications Consultant
- Served as lead communications representative to national audiences for ongoing Confidential Business Development communications; includes 150+ Confidential representatives througho ut the U.S. Developed comprehensive, strategic communications plan and creative marketing mate rials as a liaiso n between business project managers and technical development teams.
- Educated users and stakeholders o n HIPAA business solutions and related activitie s including OCM initiatives; developed branding materials for use in communicating focused messages for a udiences using various platforms—Intranet, SharePoint, em ail, newsletters, etc.
- Developed internal/ external web pages and ShareP oint sites to aid project teams outreach to field offices and employee s.
- Presented monthly briefing, presentations and status reports to sponsors regarding the progress of ongoing com munication efforts.
Sr . Communications /Project Manager
- Served as marketing team lead and project manager for the Confidential ’s Surface Transpo rtation
- Updated strategy and marketing plan for progra m a wareness; ensured program direction and goals; designed and developed communication tools and activities; devel oped intranet/p ortal site
- Led/facilitated focus groups, webinars, and STEP Awareness training sessi ons
Sr . Communications Associate/Project Manager
- Managed enterprise projects and communications for a 5 year technology program under the direction of the CIO at Confidential
- Led business process re-engineering efforts within the Business Communications Office for the Veterans Health Administration ( Confidential ) and the Transpor tation Security Ad ministra tion, including developing policies, procedures and management systems.
- Established the roles and responsibilities of the communications offices; created the organizatio nal structure to support the responsibilities and functions.
- Directed the communication efforts across multiple business lo catio ns for VA.
- D eveloped a divisional communications plan to include creation of marketing materials, branding and event management for Confidential.
- Developed Master Project Management and Planning (PMP) Guides for Business Users and IT use rs; established an approach and process to address PMP business challenges throughout the com pany.
- Consulted with clients and led focus groups to identify key requirements; developed pro jec t plans and schedules; provided communicatio ns leadership to internal teams on projects and product io n issues.