- Seasoned technology executive with broad - based experience in business technology, management and information systems.
- Extensive hands on experience in data warehousing, systems analysis, technical and data architecture, large-scale system design, and software/hardware development.
- Highly motivated and organized individual with excellent problem solving/analytic skills and strong communication, ERP and presentation skills.
- Extensive expertise in applying technology solutions to solve strategic real-world business problems.
- Strong leader who challenges teams to produce highest quality work possible.
- Familiar with all phases of project and product life cycle.
- Extensive background in creating and writing requirement, functional, data and architectural specifications.
- Created concept for online service to handle funeral homes and cemeteries for online memorials with a link to a physical location
- Coordinated designers and specialists to help build a stateless platform that works on any mobile device and or browser that allows users to upload pictures and videos in real-time. Built functionality that will allow users to link into popular social media platforms.
- Designed and implemented a multi-year program to cut 15% of a 50 Mil budget for Confidential production support operations
- Worked on site to meet the needs of the program and implement the strategy
- Responsible for all Budget and Headcount COO functions in the mortgage technology area (100+ personnel)
- Redesigning the Loan processing system front to back including funding and securitizations. Platform is mainframe and client server mostly in JAVA and Oracle
- Automating most of the COO daily operations and creating transparency to the running of the organization
Global Head of Fixed Income & Equities Support
- Global head of all production support for level 1 & 2 across all trading platform and activities.
- Built out both the level 1 & 2 teams as none existed.
- Created policy and procedures for application deployment, monitoring, and incident management.
- Created global standards for configuration & release management.
- Created a daily change meeting and policy that all regions could follow.
- Worked across all areas of technology to build a global standard for all support functions.
- Built out monitoring application tools using check mk and splunk.
- Coordinated all outage notification with the tech teams and all the business owners/users.
- Created runbooks for SOD and EOD operations globally along with BCP activities.
GLOBAL Equities & Risk (Tradeplant) Lead
- Responsible for all equities and electronic trading operational support globally.
- The lines of business included Equity Derivatives, High touch, Prime Services, Emerging Markets, Electronic Trading including all Confidential & High Frequency, and Risk technology.
- Was responsible for over 350+ associates globally that handled level 1 & level 2 support.
Global Head Tactical Development & Trade Support
- Managed global team for rapid development and delivered quantitative risk and P&L for the Front Office.
- Developed custom real time monitoring and metrics system for all Confidential Front Office trading systems.
- Created Technical Support Team for full transition of 1st / 2nd level support from desk support team.
- Fully transitioned production change (deployment) from development teams to production support.
- Closed self-identified control gaps for information security, governance, and process.
- Managed Hardware spending of Confidential front office. Ensured adequate provision for capacity needs.
- Helped implement CDSO, CSIO, multi-name CDS, and index traunches for in-house trading platform.
- Implemented an enterprise wide ETL (Informatica) platform for over 100+ developers.
- Worked on various database schemas that supported daily trading activities along with basic Perl scripting.
Consultant, IT Systems Architect
- Brought in to help design and develop a trade monitoring system for the Legal & Compliance department.
- Designer and Architect of a data warehouse (Oracle 9i, Solaris) for Confidential trade history (Equities, Fixed Income, Derivatives).
- Developed ETL to load warehouse and process for interacting with all trade systems globally.
- Conducted data investigations and created technical specifications.
- Designer and Architect of application data access common libraries (Java, Perl).
Vice President, Data Manager
- Worked toward ensuring data accuracy and completeness, while changing the data culture within the Confidential business, technology and operations teams.
- Core business was using CDS’s (credit default swaps) to hedge against loan portfolios.
- Worked with CDS traders and management on improving Front to Middle office data communications.
- Improved the trade reconciliation process between Summit and Confidential .
- Worked closely with PMO and helped establish appropriate forums for issue resolution and providing feedback.
- Helped architect of data warehouse to hold historic CDS trades to help with pricing models for loans.
- Developed monitoring tools.
Director, DCM Technology
- Lead architect and project manager on several large-scale application integration projects.
- Managed, designed, developed, and supported derivative applications; utilized security models and cutting edge web technologies.
- One of my primary roles was to support the derivate traders in their day-to-day, long-term, and P&L needs.
- Negotiated SLA’s for several business units, detail and high-level budgeting, and managed outside vendors.
- Led a multi-national team on a full life cycle development project.
- Developer and lead architect for a brand new Java, JSP servlet (MVC) application, replacing an Excel framework.
- Reengineered and improved feeds for reconciliation, settlement processing and pricing.
- Created monitoring tools for users that filtered and report back feed and data problems.
Shared Environment Architect
- Managed budget that included internal and external resources, hardware, and software (60 Million CAD).
- Architect of the core bus system.
- Designed XML common interfaces to all source databases.
- Interacted and acted as liaison for multiple user communities.
- Responsible for the global data migration plan, development, and reconciliation across multiple countries.
- Worked closely with users in London, Toronto, and NY; gathered requirements, trained, and performed UAT.
- Developed system with inherent disaster recovery by replicating files to multiple locations.
- Designed the networking infrastructure necessary to support a global imaging system.
- Programmed both front and back-end components.
- Customized web servers for specific system requirements.
- Architect of several large-scale database designs on Unix and Microsoft.
- Oversaw a team of DBA’s in day-to-day operations, locally and abroad.
- Planned and coordinated the global migration of Oracle servers from 8i to 9i over a 2 ½ year period.
- Instrumental in implementing Informatica as a global ETL tool.
- Responsible for budgeting and pricing all business units for maintenance, OEM licensing, and disk storage for all databases.
Senior Systems Engineer
- Designed and implemented multiple object oriented Perl robots for gathering of data via the web.
- Helped design and develop 25 gig data warehouse system.
- Used LWP, DBI, and regular expressions frequently.
- Managed 5 person development team.
- Responsible for all database interactions using Perl DBI and Oracle PLSQL.
Senior Architect - Consultant
- Developed Active X Controls using n-Tier Design.
- Project Manager on multiple projects.
- Wrote Perl scripts to import and export via ftp to offsite customers on NT/UNIX platforms.
Database Administrator (DBA)
- DBA for SQL Server: Optimization, Triggers, Indexes, Cursors, Mirroring, Replication, Backups, and Design.
- Wrote Perl scripts to automate administrative tasks as well as develop new products in Perl/CGI.
- Developed new products in Perl/Tk to run on any platform, including UNIX.
- Migrated General Ledger application from Gupta to Windows NT environment.
- Designed 3-tier Object Oriented application: VB 5.0, SQL Server 6.5, stored procedures & object layer.
- Worked with business users and determined current business rules.
- Responsible for a five-person development team in the Mortgage-backed Security division.
- Designed and implemented international financial application using SQL Server and VB 5.0.
- DBA responsibilities: SQL Optimization, Triggers, Indexes, Cursors, Mirroring, Backups, and Design.
- Programmed Visual Basic using object oriented classes and collections, custom DLL’s, RDO, and ODBC.
Lead Client / Server Developer
- Managed a three person project team and developed a tracking program.
- Designed and developed Crystal Reports.
- Tested and tracked modifications in system.