Information Technology Professional with more than 20 years progressive Logistics, IT and Management experience leading multi - million dollar lines of business, projects and initiatives. Certified Project Management Professional (PMP) possesses a successful track record of forging, maintaining, and growing client, corporate, and vendor relationships to achieve corporate and project goals and to generate repeat business. A manager with extensive experience in all aspects of management and relationship building and a comprehensive background in Information Technology design, implementation, logistics, training & support. A take charge IT executive with experience leading cross functional lines of business and teams to achieve corporate wide goals. Exceptional leader of multiple nationwide projects encompassing countless thousands of sites, hundreds of resources and tens of millions of dollars in revenue. Manager of national business unit generating monthly revenues in excess of multiple millions of dollars at outstanding profit margins.
AREAS OF STRENGTH:
- Project Management Nationwide Deployment of Technology Analytical Decision Making
- Team Building & Mentoring Customer Service & Relationship Building Budget Planning & Analysis
- Operations Management Developing National Corporate Partnerships Trend Analysis & Revenue/Cost
- Strategic Planning Communications & Interpersonal Skills Forecasting
Director Project Management & Business Development
- Establish business relationships to secure additional revenue for the company.
- Initiate maintain and enhance customer relationships.
- Project Management of new and existing projects to include: Logistics Planning, Resource Planning, Implementation, and Quality Control to rapidly deploy devices to the end users.
Director Technology Deployment Services
- Executive oversight of all Technology Deployment activities.
- Proposal development, technical writing, negotiating contracts, and project management of deployment services.
- Confidential ’s deployment services division specializes in large scale, project-based rapid deployments of technology on a regional, campus, or single location of our client’s end users.
- The deployment services group at Confidential relies on our proven methodology of Discovery, Logistics Planning, Resource Planning, Implementation, and Quality Control to rapidly deploy devices to the end users.
- Providing mentoring & leadership for employee development through effective communication, coaching, counseling, training and motivating. Build employee and team competencies/behaviors. Analyze employee performance gaps and create and execute a plan to close such gaps.
- Active participant in strategic objectives and budget planning with management counterparts in relation to the direction of projects. Ability to forecast cost and expenses of upcoming projects for bids. Ensure gross margins are in line with budgetary demands on projects. Identify new products and opportunities to expand the market for existing products.
- Large project oversight, internal and external project selection, project standardization of processes and methodologies, formalization of project close out processes.
- Resource leveling, resource utilization, staffing company relationships, recruiting, job searches/postings, interviews, job descriptions. Work with lines of business, division directors, human resources & resource managers on resource needs based on forecast to determine needed skill sets, locations, or geographies with resource needs.
- Corporate Forecasting
- Report to company President and Vice President of Finance on extensive budget planning; line of business and division revenue/cost/margin forecasting; trend analysis; resource needs and utilization measurement & matrices; standardizing performance measures; division/department best practices and policies.
- Work with corporate executives, sales, division directors, managers, and others on current, 1 month, 3 month, 6 month and long term forecasts. Developed forecasting model and policies.
- Trend Analysis - company and divisions with trend analysis on forecast, margin and variance. Work with divisions on industry and project directions and strategic planning. Work with division managers and others on corrective action plans to address variances.
- Work closely with senior management, accounting, division directors, systems, lines of business and project managers on a new integrated project management tracking tool to increase company ROI and standardize project delivery and tracking across multiple lines of business.
- Act as consultant to sales and delivery teams including Requests for Proposals, Proof of Concepts, client relationships building, and technical expertise consulting.
- Developed forecasting process, procedures, standardization for roll up of forecast from project level to corporate executives.
- Managed sales & delivery opportunities and forecasting for company in CRM tracking system.
- Managed travel for corporation including; travel vendor relationships, costs, cost analysis, travel guidelines, cost approval and fraud alerts for in excess of 100 field techs & $375,000.00+ per month in travel expenses. Worked with managers and resource coordinators on least cost guidelines for resource travel and travel reimbursement guidelines.
- Liaison for cross line of business projects & initiatives
- Utilized organizational experience and business knowledge to facilitate projects and initiatives crossing multiple lines of business to ensure stakeholders receive needed deliverables and conclusions.
- Responsible for the management of all delivery aspects for national deployment of technology including; sales support, project hardware & software, pricing, customer relationships, all human resource aspects, billing, accounting, equipment, office space, capital expenditures, operations, and travel management.
- Department included in excess of 25 simultaneous projects with 20+ Project Managers and 100+ full time employees as well as vendors, temporary employees and subcontractors for the department.
Senior Project Manager / Program Manager
- Lead Project Manager managing Senior Project Managers, Junior Project Mangers, Project Coordinators and other project resources.
- Develop project plans, specifying goals, timeframes, strategy, staffing, funding limitations, risk management, contingency plans, and allocation of available resources.
- Create and sustain relationships with clients, vendors, partners, consultants & employees.
- Led projects with revenue in excess of $1million per month.
- Survey, LAN-Cable/Install, WAN-Install, Support
- Concurrent installations in 9 states - CT, FL, MA, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA and RI
- More than 30,000 CAT6 drops to workstations, printers, DVR’s, ATM’s and alarms, installed
- More than 7,000 individual site visits
- More than 1,200 racks and Confidential ’s installed
- More than 1,000 switches and routers installed
- More than 1,000 T1 and ISDN Demarcs extended to the new rack locations
- More than 1,000 Confidential and vendor resources engaged
- More than 200 field techs a day deployed at project peak
- A professional project management staff in excess of 30 Confidential full-time and contract employees
- Lead Project Manager Multi-year PC & network implementation to daycares throughout Pennsylvania
- Lead Project Manager for multi-year LAN/WAN migration, network cabling, PC implementation, and follow-up support at 1750+ locations for a rollout throughout the state of Pennsylvania. Responsibilities included project management for the acquisition of a facility, hardware selection, image creation, cabling and installation logistics, budgeting, human resource acquisition and management of a 100+ person team.
- Lead Project Manager Windows NT to Windows 2000 Migration
- Project Manager of a Windows 2000 desktop migration for 2500 users and 96 servers at multiple locations in Confidential . Responsibilities included manage the successful completion of the pilot project and in corporate the findings into the overall desktop/office phase project plan. Finalized a project schedule and planned for the desktop deployments. Organized and facilitated project meetings, assisted in resolving project issues, and ensured that the project is on schedule. Suggested, recommended, and facilitated technical direction when internal decision making situations are unclear. Maintain the highest level of customer service with all the groups within the client’s environment. Work with all departments to create and personalize migration plans to fit the need of the project. Provide recommendations for ongoing support for the new Windows 2000 technical infrastructure
- Lead Project Manager - wireless switch upgrade 1200+ locations
- Project managed a firmware upgrade and switch replacement for a major wireless switch provider of 2,432 switches at 1216 retail store locations across the continental United States and Alaska. Responsibilities included project management for setup and human resource acquisition of a support desk at the customer site in Bentonville Arkansas, leasing vehicles, coordinating movements of field engineers and technicians throughout the United States. Budget and Expense Control. Responsible for all project reporting, responding to various client inquiries, and oversight of all facets of the deployment project. Timeframe to complete project was 5 day ramp-up & 16 working days to complete project at all 1216 locations
- Developed and ran all aspects of a technology consulting company.
- Provided clients with complete Information Technology Design, Implementation, Training and Support.
- Provided clients with LAN/WAN, Desktop, and Website solutions.
- Worked closely with clients to develop customized IT solutions to meet unique business needs and goals of the customer.
- Project Management, Cost Management and Hardware/Software Acquisitions.
- Special assignment to re-align customer account pickups - coordinated new pickup schedules with customers, operations, dispatching and customer service. Reduced pickup costs by 9%.
Customer Support Coordinator
- Managed installations, support and customer satisfaction for 1500+ external customer computer systems throughout Confidential .
- Responsible for annual equipment procurements in excess of $2million. Interfaced with external customers to provide customized solutions.
- Lead a team of 28 technicians.
District Support Technician
- Lead technician on district wide support desk throughout Confidential .
- Supported District Office, large production facility, 13 operational buildings and a large customer call center.
- Responsible for assisting in the support of 25 Netware & Microsoft networks, and 500+ workstations on 18 different Local Area Networks on a Wide Area Network throughout Confidential .