With over 20 years in the healthcare industry, Confidential is a highly qualified project director with experience guiding large multi - hospital healthcare organizations to successful go-lives . Confidential possesses a multi-specialized background in the oversight and execution of full enterprise implementations with an understanding of the access, clinical and revenue cycle applications and workflows. Sue also has the detailed understanding of the system design and foundational build needed to have an effective implementation. Sue is articulate and engaging, and quickly builds trust with project leadership and analysts. She uses the relationships she forges and her years of Epic and healthcare project experience to lead clients to create a clear and realistic strategy for multiple types of projects, including implementations, upgrades and roll-outs. She would be an outstanding leader for any Epic project.
- 12 years of Epic experience
- 20+ years of leadership experience
- 25+ years in the healthcare industry
- ICD - 10 experienced
- 25+ years of revenue cycle experience
- 12+ of clinical workflow experience
- 25+ years of experience with large academic medical institutions
- Epic implementation methodology
- Project budget and staffing allocation
- Go-live planning/execution
- Software testing
- Multiple go-lives
- Staff/end-user training
- Issues, communication, and risk management
- Command center and go live logistics
- Post go live optimization
- John Hopkins Medicine
- Sisters of Mercy Health System
- Clarian Health
PROJECT SKILLS & APPLICATION EXPERIENCES:
- Risk Management
- Scope Management
- Milestone Management
- Change Management
- Contract Management
- Customer Acceptance Process
- Personal Development
- Strategic Orientation
- Employee Management
- Conflict Management
IT Technology Director
- Led all technology resources assigned to the enterprise ICD-10 project involving 10 separate facilities including completing discovery for 115+ vendors involving 300+ applications
- Assured the full and complete upgrade and/or remediation to support the ICD-10 code set for all applications, interfaces, extracts, operating systems and hardware; involved approximately 50 vendors for more than 90 applications across the Foundation which includes the main facility as well as nine regional facilities
- Oversaw one of the largest most aggressive rollouts of the Epic suite of applications within an 18 month period; applications involved include but are not limited to Ambulatory, Prelude, Cadence, Procedure Orders, Clin Doc, Radiant, Cupid, Phoenix, HIM, and Hospital Billing; deployment involved over 200 interfaces supporting clinical and revenue cycle data exchanges
- Responsible for assuring the go live readiness for all access and revenue cycle workflows including baseline statistics to monitor success
Project Manager/Facility Project Director
- Directed the deployment of the full suite of Epic applications including Stork, Clin Doc, Procedure Orders, Ambulatory, Resolute and Beaker.
- Led a major overall of the project methodology to assure future success.
- Responsible for the full migration of a facility transition into a new alliance which directed the replacement of all infrastructure, hardware, and applications; numerous interfaces to downstream clinical and financial systems were also within the project scope.
- Provided oversight for a physician practice management and revenue cycle re-design project surrounding the deployment of athenahealth.
- This included full life cycle from system/vendor selection through deployment.
- The creation of a new central office and the deployment of front office cash collection workflows were a major consideration for this project.
- Serving as a Project Manager for the testing, cutover, conversion and transition of Identity, Prelude, Cadence, Resolute, Bridges & numerous Interfaces for the initial phase of this Epic deployment project.
- Functioned as the overall Project Manager for the deployment of various inpatient Epic projects including, Procedure Orders and nursing Clinical Documentation for the 1200 bed main campus facility
Ambulatory & Tapestry Project Manager
- Served as the Epic Ambulatory Project Manager deploying functionality for ambulatory Procedure Orders and ambulatory Clinical Documentation
- Led the successful development and presentation of the training initiative for 3000+ end-users.
Director, Financial & Clinical Informatics
- I was responsible for the deployment of business ownership and steerage of all financial and clinical applications.
- Responsible for identifying and defining the informational needs for various financial departments including Patient Access and Eligibility (PAS), Patient Financial Services (PFS), Medical Records (HIM), Finance (including the following systems Accounts Payable (AP), General Ledger (G/L)), Finance & Strategy, and the Patient Care Units (PCUs).
- Directed, controlled and improved the effectiveness of those departments via thorough application deployment and support allowing full integration of operational workflows.
- Proactively worked with leadership and clinical staff to maximize the use of defined applications.
- Responsible for the strengthening and the implementation of financial and compliance related strategic initiatives to include identifying and implementing process improvement and systems. Oversaw of a staff of over 40 FTEs.
- Directed the deployment of a new centralized scanning infrastructure within the Medical Records (HIM) Department. Allowed for full electronic access and disclosure of clinical documentation scanned and stored within the Hyland OnBase product allowing access via the EpicCare application suite.
- Created, defined and deployed the philosophy of Business System Analysts for related areas assuring appropriate focus on operational workflows and business processes that impact revenue. Infusing business ownership for financial and clinical applications assuring appropriate feature and functionally deployment.
- Responsible for the initial deployment of a Financial Project Management Office allowing for the deployment of project methodologies and tools to assure success of all assigned projects.
- Project Director for the Centricity Business Advanced Web V4.0 Deployment - Billing & Accounts Receivable, Scheduling, Managed Care Application, EDI and custom third party interfaces
- Project Director for the IDX V9.0 Upgrade - Billing & Accounts Receivable, Scheduling, Managed Care Application, EDI and custom third party interfaces
Project Manager & Interim IDX Application Manager
- Provided consultative guidance and direction for the installation of the GE/IDX Healthcare Billing and Accounts Receivable system, Scheduling application, and Managed Care Application assessment of the IDX Paperless Collection System
- Oversaw the upgrade of bi-directional real-time registration interface, Cache migration, and multiple operational and application enhancement projects
- Billing & Accounts Receivable, Scheduling, Managed Care, Database Management System, Transaction Editing System, Chart Tracking, Anesthesia Module
- Project Director for Billing & Accounts Receivable Occupational Medicine Module Implementation, GE Healthcare Upgrade and for a Cache (operating system) upgrade for the GE Healthcare Applications