I enjoy working on new projects that offer a challenge and the opportunity to be involved in many areas of development. My strong skills include effective client communication, web - design, ASP programming, graphic design, business and marketing plans. I am an outside the box thinker and self starter that finds solutions when there seems to be none. My wide variety of experience demonstrates the versatility, strong analytical, and decision making abilities that are indigenous to the positions I have held. These skills, creativity, resourcefulness, and the established ability to assume responsibility for developing solutions and their implementation characterize me as a professional problem solver.
LANGUAGES / ENVIRONMENTS:
- Visual Basic
- Cold Fusion
- ASP Programming
- JAVA Script
- MSSQL - T-SQL stored procedures, views, triggers, maintenance plans, SSRS, SSIS, DTS
- .NET VB
- Photoshop / Illustrator / Dreamweaver
- Flash / Director
- Fox Pro
- Front Page
- Word, Excel, Access, Outlook
- Adobe After Effects & Premier
- 3D Studio Max
- Hardware Configurations
- Win 2K 00-08 Servers / Networking
- IIS 2k to 2008 management & configuration
- SQL 2000-2005 Database Server
- DNS Server
- DHCP Server
- Active Directory on Win 2000, 2003 and 2008
- Exchange 2000 & 2003 Server
- Exchange and Mobile Connectivity
- Backup and Maintenance planning
- Visual Source Safe
- Plastic and Tortoise SVN
- Crystal Reports
- SQL Reporting
- Customized T-SQL reporting
Management / Owner
Confidential, Garland, TX
- I opened an E-cigarette shop from the ground up and ended up with two locations. Built the business from all aspects from; contract negotiations, graphic media, web and e-commerce sites, accounting, POS and security systems.
- I managed eight employees including all HR related items such as payroll taxes and time keeping.
- I grew the business to 2000 plus regular customers in three years. Positioned the company for a buyout in 2016 when I foresaw the upcoming closures of all shops in this industry due to federal regulations. Sold the shop to a competitor and walked away with a plethora of business knowledge.
Confidential, Dallas, TX
- I started at Quatris as a dual practice employee split between the networking team and software development team.
- I split my time learning the VM operations and enterprise management of large scale networks comprised in three datacenters.
- I was moved permanently into the software development side when I took ownership of an outdated mobile app they created back in 2000.
- I re-wrote the entire app with new mobile CSS technologies and new added security and usability features.
- I worked with all existing customers on installations, updates and new product ideas.
- I was responsible for maintaining all the SSL certificates and their installations.
- This product which was once tabled, began to soar in sales again after the re-write.
- Quatris went from about 75 users of Mobility to 200 in less than a year.
Confidential, Dallas, TX
Software Developer / Network Engineer
- I started working at Confidential to assist the senior software developer with special projects and integrations.
- My role was to facilitate all programming projects and serve as liaison between developers, project manager and clients, establishing business requirements and timelines for projects.
- It is a very busy environment that demands a high level of accuracy and productivity.
- I work closely with the SVP to recruit and interview potential .Net programmer candidates and scope projects.
- My other daily duties include coding new applications in their legacy classic ASP environment, maintaining the class library and develop SSIS packages to integrate data from various platforms into the MSSQL system.
- Towards the end of my tenure at Confidential I worked in the IT department assisting with daily networking task and setups.
Confidential, Dallas, TX
Director of IT
- My original task of priority was to design a comprehensive management report for the property owners of Confidential ’s largest client.
- Some other accomplishments include successful migration from Esite to OneSite.
- Before and during the migration of management software, I developed queries that would pull the data and put it in the format required.
- This task saved the company thousands in setup cost.
- Confidential moved into a new corporate office in San Antonio which I built a server to use as a secondary domain controller.
- I connected the two offices via secured VPN tunnel and created group policies that would map drives, set printers and desktop icons depending on location in the forest.
- I have enhanced the internal Intranet SharePoint capabilities and web functionalities as well.
- I manage two other employees that work in the help desk section.
Confidential, Dallas, TX
- I was hired on as full time as a Classic ASP Programmer.
- I report directly to the CEO and Controller and manage the solutions with the IT management company.
- Within my first two weeks of the 90 day initial period I was moved into the position on Director of IT. My role now includes all new software development, networking and security and LAN/WAN maintenance.
- The network consist of approx. 30 workstations locally, 1 remote office in Chicago, 1 office in Washington and 7 new offices around the country opening up in 2010. We have a Co-Location facility that I manage as well as a few internal servers for development.
- I maintain the DNS, Web, DHCP, Index and Domain Controller for the network.
- I completed the migration to new Dell 2950 III servers running windows 2008 server 64 bit with hyper-v.
- The backend system I program is designed in Classic ASP with a few Visual Basic DLLs. Some of my major accomplishments since I have joined the team are:
Confidential, Bedford, TX
- All business logic is contained in Visual Basic Components as well as separate Data Access Components (.DLL’s). Some logic is executed in Stored Procedures within the SQL database. We developed several audit tables that provide valuable backup and recovery options via triggers within key tables in the database.
- This project was extremely detail orientated, documented in Visio and Word using several high level methodologies (created by ex-IBMers) were implemented.
- We used Visual Studio and Visual Source Safe extensively during development.
- I was responsible for the ongoing service contract to maintain the existing application. This process required weekly build management meetings and client interaction to provide both data and code fixes as necessary.
Confidential, Flowermond, TX
- Designed corporate intranet / web-site with e-commerce and online work order capabilities, call center with wireless messaging, time clock and accounting modules, automated invoicing / billing system that interacts with current accounting software and network / T1 / router setup and configurations.
- Design / build and manage web, FTP and E-mail servers with multiple domains.
- Circle-E subsidized a large portion of my salary by outsourcing my talents to other companies (ex. Dalworth Restoration, ALIR Life Insurance)
- Created interactive CD Business card presentations and TV Commercial in Flash and Director 6.5.
- Customized software for handheld PDA’s for field technicians.
- Database Warehouse architecture and management